Confiscated on Legend!

marci4tony

Yup - it happened! Confiscated my Malibu. :(

I know they are cracking down, and I know there were several others that either had the "mysterious items" love letter or "thank you for donating to the party" letters -

They are watching....:eek:

I will write and post a detailed review within the next couple days! Still am a huge fan of the Legend - Jen was not obnoxious at all! Loved her! But I'm sorry to say the ol' girl (the SHIP not the CD!!) is in need of a vacation, herself (Drydock next year) Ports were phenomenal - jellyfish EVERYWHERE in COZ!!! :eek: (They were just menacing like mosquitos - nothing to write home about!) Stingrays were AWESOME (weather sucked!) - Roatan is BEAUTIFUL!! and Belize - anyone that tells you this is not a city to venture out in I say is WRONG!! This is by far my favorite port - Rather than cruising next time, I may just spend a week in Belize. (Although, it rained there too) - MAJOR KUDOS TO MAJOR TOM (and Minor TOM) - they STILL know how to deliver the best cave tubing tour out there!! Thank you

Well - I will return tomorrow - If you have questions, I'll be happy to answer them. By the way - I was only out what 12 bucks for the Malibu - STILL had a rockin' good time!! And yes - the Chocolate Melting Cake still curls my toes! :cool:

We just returned on the Conquest yesterday and out of our party of 10 we got all of our smuggled goods. This wasn't such a good thing.

Unfortunately we smuggled so much we had to re-smuggle it home. We used Rum Runners, the others in our party used plastic water/coke bottles and flasks. All came through.

At the end of the trip very little of our "booty" was consumed and we all had SS card bills ranging from $1500, my husband and I, to $4000+ for my heavy drinking brother-in-law and his wife who also smuggled and drank very little of it.

It was just too much trouble to go back to the room every time you needed a drink. Would I smuggle again? Nope.

According to "the love letter" - anything that was SEALED (unopened) we could retrieve. However, the RR's were no considered sealed. So, probably got dumped. Bummer.

We arent big drinkers - and we had kids with us, so being on our lips the whole time (which IS A LOT OF FUN WITHOUT YOUNG-UNS) just wasnt in the cards this time and it worked out fine.

One of the security people there said that they are cracking down on the RR's - So its time for a NEW smuggling invention, eh?!

DARN,

I think you are one of the first to write about being busted on Legend. I'm a massive drinker and always rack up a 1,000+ bill just in booze for myself! I don't by for anyone but me. WOW I'm shocked!!!! Everyone knows a cruise's greatest income is the booze. I look forward to hearing more about the cruise it self. This will be my parents first cruise and I really want them to have a good time. My GF is concerned about the condition of the ship. Was it really that bad?

According to "the love letter" - anything that was SEALED (unopened) we could retrieve. However, the RR's were no considered sealed. So, probably got dumped. Bummer.

One of the security people there said that they are cracking down on the RR's - So its time for a NEW smuggling invention, eh?!

I don't remember reading about RR's being found:eek: That really stinks:D

Glad to hear that you had a great time.

I had the letter and the last night of the cruise they returned my rum and wine. I gave it to the room steward. I knew my luggage was already overweight and there was no way I could drink all that in one night. I ordered from BV on the cruise in September. It isn't worth the effort.

OK I'm dumb what does RR stand for?

Rum Runners as you found out from previous posts. There is a company called Rum Runner Flasks which I found out about on Cruise Critic. So I ordered the Smugglers Revenge kit.

We were, past tense, first time cruisers so I'm thinking "Oh no, we'll never be able to afford the drinks!", So I went overboard.

This was our smuggled booty:

32oz RR with Jim Beam

32oz RR with Tequila

2 - 32 oz RR with Captain Morgans Spiced Rum

2 - 16oz with Baileys Irish Cream

2 - 8oz RR that were empty so we could fill and smuggle out of port with our already smuggled booty.

- My husband drank about 6oz of the Jim Beam.

- The tequila was never touched.

- I was thinking "Hey! This is the Caribbean! Let's take Rum!" What I failed to remember is that we aren't regular Rum drinkers so they remained untouched.

- The Baileys we used once for morning coffee. One was completely untouched and the other didn't even have a dent in it.

- We never smuggled any alcohol off the ship, so the two 8oz.'s are still as new as the day we bought them.

We had to re-smuggle everything back. Planning our smuggling was fun, but then after you're there you realize what a waste of time it is. It's much easier to buy what you want on-board and when you want it.

Rum Runners as you found out from previous posts. There is a company called Rum Runner Flasks which I found out about on Cruise Critic. So I ordered the Smugglers Revenge kit.

We were, past tense, first time cruisers so I'm thinking "Oh no, we'll never be able to afford the drinks!", So I went overboard.

This was our smuggled booty:

32oz RR with Jim Beam

32oz RR with Tequila

2 - 32 oz RR with Captain Morgans Spiced Rum

2 - 16oz with Baileys Irish Cream

2 - 8oz RR that were empty so we could fill and smuggle out of port with our already smuggled booty.

- My husband drank about 6oz of the Jim Beam.

- The tequila was never touched.

- I was thinking "Hey! This is the Caribbean! Let's take Rum!" What I failed to remember is that we aren't regular Rum drinkers so they remained untouched.

- The Baileys we used once for morning coffee. One was completely untouched and the other didn't even have a dent in it.

- We never smuggled any alcohol off the ship, so the two 8oz.'s are still as new as the day we bought them.

We had to re-smuggle everything back. Planning our smuggling was fun, but then after you're there you realize what a waste of time it is. It's much easier to buy what you want on-board and when you want it.

wow starting your own bar :p I usually bring 6 or7 of the little bottles, like you get in the airplane. That way if hubby wants a drink in the cabin he has it there and handy, I like my d.o.d.'s :D

WowWWW....!!!! how are RRs being found? They are undetectable via X-ray unless they are randomly checking luggage? :confused:

They are detectable on X-Ray as is any large amount of liquid. They are not detectable by metal detectors.

Tell your gf NOT to worry about the ships condition. She is an older vessel, but still works marvelously! There were a few little quirks here and there; a little rust on the balcony (salt water is a bear!); but NOTHING to be concerned about! In fact, sometimes the ol' antiques (as compared to the Dream) are better in some aspects!!:D You will have a ball!!

Apparently, the "xray" machines CAN detect liquid - trying to stuff a full RR in a cowboy boot is not fooling anyone. Perhaps they didnt have the staff to stop and check every single piece of luggage that had "liquid" - and now they do. I dont know what changed - My dtr's hair straightener made it through? Go figure!!

wow starting your own bar :p I usually bring 6 or7 of the little bottles, like you get in the airplane. That way if hubby wants a drink in the cabin he has it there and handy, I like my d.o.d.'s :D

Well, we were a group of 10 so I thought at least 75% would get confiscated. None did.

Again, it was a waste of time, I wouldn't do it again. I need the space for sunscreen.

I totally agree with Sweet Tea, it wasn't worth the effort to smuggle. Dh and I smuggled on our first cruise and hardly touched any of it. It was too much of a pain to go back to our room from wherever we happened to be on the ship to make a drink. Much more convenient just to buy a drink at the bar when we wanted it. We just smuggled in full bottles in our checked luggage and then just left what was left for the room stewards. We won't smuggle anymore, just planning to bring on our 1 bottle of wine or champagne per person this next time around.

I figured I'd get ROASTED for admitting to being caught - so thank you. It wasnt worth it, as an aftersight. There are threads after threads about "smuggling" and how-to's and what-if's...Even some very creative ones! But Carnival has been in the business for a long time - they probably know ten times as much as we think they do. It just all comes down to enforcement.

However, the rum runners are WONDERFUL at our local college football tailgating parties!! Woot Woot!! BRING ON FOOTBALL!!

I figured I'd get ROASTED for admitting to being caught - so thank you.

The day isn't over yet, lol :D

You will get roasted but it will be from people with thousands of posts. If you waste your time like I did and check their previous posts, you will find all of their correspondence on this forum is full of negativity and hatred. I'm not sure why this is, but it is. It seems as if your post count seems to directly correlate to how rude you are.

So, don't worry about those bitter people. ;)

So, marci4tony...Am I understanding correctly that your Malibu Rum was in a rum runner stuffed inside a cowboy boot? That's what your comments seem to imply but since they're in the third person, I'm a bit unsure. And also, why do you think they would take your DDs hair straightener? Or was it "hair straightener" in an opaque container? Just trying understand the situation.

If your rum runner was confiscated and not returned, you may wish to contact Rum Runners and let them know so they won't be making claims otherwise.

Again, it was a waste of time, I wouldn't do it again. I need the space for sunscreen.

LOL...That makes the most sense to me :)

The day isn't over yet, lol

I'm not sure why this is, but it is. It seems as if your post count seems to directly correlate to how rude you are.

So, don't worry about those bitter people.

So....if you're still cruising 4 years from now, and still posting here, we can count on you being bitter as well?? :confused: ;)

For the record, the those that would 'flame' someone for smuggling (the ones that have 'over 1,000 posts') once had very few posts and they flamed people for smuggling way back when they first started posting here prior to having a large post count. ;)

Archived