water park in civitivecchia

alimicky

I am going on a med cruise next week. one of our stop offs is for Rome, I do not think I can do it justice in one day . I saw there is a water park called aqua felix in civvi, can anyone tell me how easy it is to get to this park. thanks.

Of course you can't do Rome justice in a day, but you could at least ride a train in, see the Colessium and have lunch in Piazza Navone! Going to a water park on a med cruise is like going to the super bowl and only tailgating in the parking lot.

OMG

Whether you can do justice to it in a day or not, a water park is not the way to go.

In a day trip properly organsied I am sure you could get to see

Trevi

Colluseum

Spanish Steps

at the very least.

Maybe even the Vatican as well.

If this is the first time you have been to Rome, it is one of the great cities in the world, and even seeing some of it is better than seeing none..

I was in Rome for three days last year, but next year we will only have one day.

We are taking a "Private tour of the Vatican" which will also take us around on a bus to see some of the sites. If I couldn't spend more time there, I would at least go to the Colisseum, Trevi, Spanish steps and St. Peters' if possible.

That's doable.

OMG, you're going all the way to Italy and just because you only have one day you'd rather go to a waterpark, something you can do at home?????? You CAN see lots of Rome in one day, especially the best sites. I've been to Rome four times, each time for only one day, but each day was packed with great things to see. You have the Coliseum, St. Peter's, The Spanish Steps, Trevi Fountain, the Pantheon, all of which you most certainly CAN see in one day. Don't waste a wonderful day in Rome going to a waterpark

Definitely do not do a water park ! I took a ship's excusion. Had a lovely tour of the city. Included a Vatican tour including the Sistene Chapel Vatican Museum and St. Peters, Colliseum Tour, The Trevi Fountain, The Spanish Steps. the Roman Forum. Included lunch ... one of the best meals of my trip. There was so much included in this tour. Never felt cheated for having had only one day in Rome. Even had some time to be on oujr own.

I am going on a med cruise next week. one of our stop offs is for Rome, I do not think I can do it justice in one day . I saw there is a water park called aqua felix in civvi, can anyone tell me how easy it is to get to this park. thanks.

I did see, on another site, that someone took a taxi from where the shuttle drops you, at the dock gate. We wondered about it one time, as we don't like the journey in to Rome for just a day either, but the park closes fairly early in autumn. We quite enjoy strolling round Civi, either. Last time we were in Civi, P&O had a super new trip to a Tuscan farm for tea, with an olive/wine shop. It's a 1/2 day tour, and was excellent.

Also check at the station for the local trains down the coast, if you want a beach day....more people are doing that trip now.

Jo.

I was there for 1 day last year and we went to the water park, we did have kids with us though so they would not enjoy or appreciate the sightseeing. I would highly recommend the water park both adults and kids had a fantastic day!!

We have plenty time to go back and see the best of Rome again. In fact next year we are looking at cruising the Navigator in July, so sail out of Rome, hopefully we can squeeze a few days pre/post cruise in Rome :D

Enjoy whatever you decide!

Your Friend "Hey I heard went on cruise and it went to Rome, how was it? "

You " It was going to be too busy a day and I couldn't do it justice. I decide to skip rome and go to a waterpark!"

Your Friend " :eek::confused:"

Sorry even if you DIY to save dollars isn't even 4 hours of public transportation just visiting the Vatican be worth it.

Why even go on the cruise or get off the ship, won't your ship have a pool, slide and hot tube to? Almost every port / city can't be done justice in a day, Rome maybe more so, but don't let that stop you from seeing a few sights!

How I envy youth and the wondrous possibilities that loom. At 70, with a multiple coronary bypass already on the chart, I knew the med cruise would probably be my only shot at seeing Rome, Venice, Naples, Vesuvius, Pompeii, Istanbul, Athens, Dubrovnik.... The guides ran me ragged, particularly on that hike to the top of the volcano, but I would not consider giving up a second of the exerience for any such locally contrived tourist trap as a water park. So go paddle and slide if you are absolutely certain you'll be back to experience Rome some other day.

Oh and just to answer your question, its really easy to get to the waterpark. We were sailing with Royal Caribbean and they ran a shuttle bus from where the ship docked into the centre of Civi (it was around 20 mins and cost a couple of dollars each) when we got off the bus straight in front of us was tourist information centre. We went in there and they had great deals on for the water park (I cant quite remember the exact cost, sorry!) so we booked our tickets with them and they arranged a small bus (there were 6 of us) to take us there and back, everything went smoothly and we were back on the ship in plenty time having had a great fun day!!

Only thing I would add is I seem to remember its quite a long journey from centre of Civi to the water park, I would guess 45 mins??

:D

Your Friend "Hey I heard went on cruise and it went to Rome, how was it? "

You " It was going to be too busy a day and I couldn't do it justice. I decide to skip rome and go to a waterpark!"

Your Friend " :eek::confused:"

Sorry even if you DIY to save dollars isn't even 4 hours of public transportation just visiting the Vatican be worth it.

Why even go on the cruise or get off the ship, won't your ship have a pool, slide and hot tube to? Almost every port / city can't be done justice in a day, Rome maybe more so, but don't let that stop you from seeing a few sights!

Sorry, but the OP and the 2 answers about the water park are from the UK. It's no big deal to catch a 2 hour flight to see Rome, or any other Italian city, and most of us will have done this several times. A cruise in the Med is not always about cramming in sight seeing which may be done with less pressure on time on other holidays. Most cruises we go on have the inevitable Civi and Livorno on them, and, as P&O are now stressing, we need different tours such as Tuscany, to captivate us! After all, many of us live next to old ruins- or even in them!!;)

Jo.

It's no big deal to catch a 2 hour flight to see Rome, or any other Italian city, and most of us will have done this several times. A cruise in the Med is not always about cramming in sight seeing which may be done with less pressure on time on other holidays.

Good on you Jo - As you correctly point out, we Brits can go to Rome for less than the cost of a good meal and, as such, can easily spend a few days there at our leisure to do it justice. If the OP wants to go have fun at a water park, let him go and enjoy.

Good on you Jo - As you correctly point out, we Brits can go to Rome for less than the cost of a good meal and, as such, can easily spend a few days there at our leisure to do it justice. If the OP wants to go have fun at a water park, let him go and enjoy.

I read many posts from people who travel round the Caribbean each year, and some will not even get off the ship. Similar cruises for us in the UK and Ireland are in the Med, where we've been holidaying since we were babies, and it's the joy of a ship, plus some welcome sunshine that we're after. If it's old churches, and Roman ruins, there's plenty near home!;)

Jo.

With apologies to thread snipper keith1010, and duly chastened by those who assert the European travel ethos, I nonetheless urge people cruising to get off the boat and look around as much as possible. When I visit Blighty, I cannot imagine not going to several West End shows even if I've seen them in other venues. How could I pass on a day trip by van to Bath and Stonehenge? The road trip in a rented car on the right side of the road from London to Manchester to Wales and back is one of my great memories even though I considered spending those two days in the British Museum.

mikewrit, the original poster asked a simple question which eventually got answered.

Now many of might have a different view of what do to in the port and as many times as we have sailed there we have done many things but sometimes it's nice just to answer the question and for folks not to tell the original poster what he/she should do.

If everyone did the same things we would all be the same and the world would be very boring. And we would all take the same tour.

Now I can see if the OP asked for ideas of things to do in this port, but the op didn't. All the OP asked was one simple question and most people instead of answering the question went on to tell the op that he was wrong to want to see a water park.

Now I wouldn't go see a park either, but I am me and the op should be able to do as they please.

Anyway, hopefully the op has their answer by now.

Keith

Thanks to you all who answered my question about the waterpark, i did not realise it would cause such concern mainly with our american friends. i live in dover which probably has more history than most. and i really do appreciate it. When I go to Rome ,probably for a long weekend I want to be able to appreciate it with my wife , we are going on the cruise with my young daughter who will not enjoy being rushed around on a very hot day in August.

Thanks to you all who answered my question about the waterpark, i did not realise it would cause such concern mainly with our american friends. i live in dover which probably has more history than most. and i really do appreciate it. When I go to Rome ,probably for a long weekend I want to be able to appreciate it with my wife , we are going on the cruise with my young daughter who will not enjoy being rushed around on a very hot day in August.

A castle, some cliffs, a Premier Inn, a cruise port and a half decent Chinese restaurant in town.

Would not have thought that would be a definition of "More history than most".;)

I am from the USA and your question was fine for me. :)

When you return, it would be nice if you can post about your experience.

Enjoy!

Keith

Archived