Rum Runners

maxx

Not sure if P&O read these threads but just a question. Has anyone using Rum Runners successfully? Were they packed in carry on or in suitcases that were xrayed?

Maxx, how long did your order from Rum Runners take to be delivered?

I would be using them in packed luggage, more likely to get through packed with your toiletries. Way too much chance of being picked up with carry on luggage. I need my Wild Turkey

We have used them several times with no issues.

We pack them in a toiletries bag with a few things around them.

We spend plenty at the Bar but want something in our Cabin and P & O make it nearly impossible.

Even one of the celebrity comediennes on board complained to me about the set up, he say getting a bottle of Wine was a major headache not to mention the 400% mark up.

Stanc61 Ours took about 4 days, a 6 pack of 3 different sizes.

The Oz distributer is based in Sydney

Not sure if P&O read these threads but just a question. Has anyone using Rum Runners successfully? Were they packed in carry on or in suitcases that were xrayed?

We have used them several times with no issues.

We pack them in a toiletries bag with a few things around them.

We spend plenty at the Bar but want something in our Cabin and P & O make it nearly impossible.

Even one of the celebrity comediennes on board complained to me about the set up, he say getting a bottle of Wine was a major headache not to mention the 400% mark up.

Stanc61 Ours took about 4 days, a 6 pack of 3 different sizes.

The Oz distributer is based in Sydney

Cheers Macca ;)

Couldn't you put them in your pockets as you board? They can't xray your body :)

Where can i buy rum runners in australia, thanks in advance Helen

Google Platypus Bottles. These are made by Cascade Designs and are very similar to rum runners. They are mainly for camping/hiking. Very strong/durable. Available in camping/hiking stores mainly. Google and you will find lot's of outlets in Australia.

as every one has a point of view on how to get eg rum vodka and anything else we wont to drink, but some people do get court doing it, BY the people are talking about the different ways to get it on board are amazing and I take it that most people are sick of the prices P&O are charging for drinks on there ships.

Here is a thought why dont we make a make a list of reasons why P&O should drop there prices on drinks and stop hidding behind there so call RSA laws/rules of NSW

Maxx, how long did your order from Rum Runners take to be delivered?

I would be using them in packed luggage, more likely to get through packed with your toiletries. Way too much chance of being picked up with carry on luggage. I need my Wild Turkey

Received very quickly, within a week. Use code "repeatcustomer" for discount. They enclose a tip sheet on where to pack them.

I reckon that you could easily slip them in a bulky coat pockets; they are after all just plastic so won't go off when you walk through the metal scanners. That beats the xray.

Pockets are good. So are small containers in toiletries.

We are on a 16 day cruise so the cost of alcohol will be high. We have always taken some booze on board.

Received very quickly, within a week. Use code "repeatcustomer" for discount. They enclose a tip sheet on where to pack them.

We think you'll find it's cheaper to buy Rum Runner Flasks through the Australian distributor, and they post them within 24 hours, so you'll receive them very quickly. Ours came with an information sheet. We've had and used ours for about 5 years and they're still going strong!! :)

We looked at the other brand but the ones we looked at were too expensive.

The Aussie distributors (Jill) are really nice people that provide a great service.

We have used ours half a dozen times and found them well made and no problems.

The larger ones seem the best bet as they hold just over 1 litre.

Just a quick point, I would not carry them on in your pockets.

Quite often if you set off the detectors for whatever reason they get you to unload your pockets which would be pretty embarrassing.

If you intend to refill them at Ports of call they do on board screening where they specifically ask you to empty your pockets, you would be better putting them in a back pack.

Macca

as every one has a point of view on how to get eg rum vodka and anything else we wont to drink, but some people do get court doing it, BY the people are talking about the different ways to get it on board are amazing and I take it that most people are sick of the prices P&O are charging for drinks on there ships.

Here is a thought why dont we make a make a list of reasons why P&O should drop there prices on drinks and stop hidding behind there so call RSA laws/rules of NSW

Good point Thied, why not have P&O operate under Qd responsible drinking laws - gallons of BUNDY all round ! Maybe P&O should refuse boarding for those detected smuggling booze on board !

P&O restricting alcohol being carried on board is the equivalent of the big Cinema Chains and Sporting Stadiums that check your bags or use signs to bluff you that no food bought from "outside" is allowed on their premises. (see the 2000 Sydney Olympics)

Once you get on board they will sell you as much as you can drink from their Bars at their prices.

I do understand the deal as it probably reflects the reasonable prices for Cruise Fares.

The fact I take some on board with me doesn't faze me as its not an illegal substance and its only against a commercial business decision that I choose not to comply, I spend plenty at the Bar, I also would like to have a nightcap or drink in my Cabin as we have to turn in early with young children that go to sleep early.

If I couldn't do it I perhaps might not Cruise at all and fly to Fiji or somewhere instead.

Good point Thied, why not have P&O operate under Qd responsible drinking laws - gallons of BUNDY all round ! Maybe P&O should refuse boarding for those detected smuggling booze on board !

that may be why P&O use NSW RSA laws is because they are the weekest RSA laws in Australia.

P&O restricting alcohol being carried on board is the equivalent of the big Cinema Chains and Sporting Stadiums that check your bags or use signs to bluff you that no food bought from "outside" is allowed on their premises. (see the 2000 Sydney Olympics)

Once you get on board they will sell you as much as you can drink from their Bars at their prices.

I do understand the deal as it probably reflects the reasonable prices for Cruise Fares.

The fact I take some on board with me doesn't faze me as its not an illegal substance and its only against a commercial business decision that I choose not to comply, I spend plenty at the Bar, I also would like to have a nightcap or drink in my Cabin as we have to turn in early with young children that go to sleep early.

If I couldn't do it I perhaps might not Cruise at all and fly to Fiji or somewhere instead.

Yes and they charge for food and drink like Wounded bulls

Got my package today and going to have a test run at the footy this Friday night, will just buy some coke and top it up with my own Wild Turkey.

Testing them next week, so will let you know. Stan...see you on board.

that may be why P&O use NSW RSA laws is because they are the weekest RSA laws in Australia.

You mean the strongest ? NSW RSA are the most strict in Australia, that is why P&O adopted them post Brimble matter, along with increased security.

You mean the strongest ? NSW RSA are the most strict in Australia, that is why P&O adopted them post Brimble matter, along with increased security.

I think we will have to agree to disagree and leave it at that on that matter.

Testing them next week, so will let you know. Stan...see you on board.

Let us know how they go! I'm thinking about picking up some for my next trip. I didn't smuggle any alcohol on board last time, but I would love to prepare my own drinks on my balcony next May.

alcohol in your packed luggage,Would they just conficate it,deny u passage on board the ship,and send u packing.

I just love having a coffee with some rum in it,so good on a cold morning.

Happy days to all.From mary

Archived