Baltimore Park and Cruise Hotels near(walking distance) of the Inner Harbor

Jimbo

Thought I read somewhere that they ran shuttles between the 3 hotels. Maybe I just dreamed that?

Just got off the phone with them, Parking garage is a city owned garage they use, 6 stories high, it is used by other business's in the area also and is also patrolled every half hour. The guy(Kevin) I talked on the phone at Admiral said he has worked there for 27 months and has heard of only 1 time a car be broken in to.

Also he said they run shuttles between the 3 hotels and that Pier 5 Hotel is right down there in the Inner Harbor.

Jimbo:)

Glad you got your info. Wasn't aware of the shuttles. I've never seen them, but that's good to know. I wonder why they haven't added Pier 5 to the package? Yes, Pier 5 is waterfront. There's a casual Ruth's Chris at the location. This is a good option if you want to be in the middle of the Inner Harbor action. There's a huge parking lot there that stays pretty busy. ;)

Another option, Jimbo. ;)

[/url]

Pier 5 hotel seems to be the highest priced hotel out of the 3 most likely because of it's location to the Inner Harbor area.

If they were to offer a Stay N Cruise Package there it would be priced much higher then their other 2 hotels. I bet they think not many people would go for it so why bother offering it.

Pier 5 hotel seems to be the highest priced hotel out of the 3 most likely because of it's location to the Inner Harbor area.

If they were to offer a Stay N Cruise Package there it would be priced much higher then their other 2 hotels. I bet they think not many people would go for it so why bother offering it.

Yes, and imo, the nicest of the 3. I agree. Not sure the demographic is there for the package.

The Ruth's Chris at Pier 5 (there's another more formal Ruth's Chris about 5-6 blocks away) caters to tourists going to the ballgames and hanging around the harbor, at least this is what DH and I have observed the last 2 times we dined there. Lots of ball caps, shorts and flip flops in the summer and casual warm football wear in the winter. The other Ruth's Chris seems to cater to the locals, just some unsolicited info to give you a feel for Pier 5.

Still set on the Admiral Fell Inn or still shopping?

There was not a shuttle. Instead, we had a taxi voucher as part of the Stay and Cruise package, for trips to and from the pier. The hotel called a car service for us. We scheduled it for the time we wanted to depart- they were right on time. Picking up was a little slower - we called the number for the service - they went to the wrong curb first - we had to go looking for them - not a major problem.

There was not a shuttle. Instead, we had a taxi voucher as part of the Stay and Cruise package, for trips to and from the pier. The hotel called a car service for us. We scheduled it for the time we wanted to depart- they were right on time. Picking up was a little slower - we called the number for the service - they went to the wrong curb first - we had to go looking for them - not a major problem.

Thanks

Called back again tonight asking about the shuttles. They do have a hotel shuttle that can transport you between the 3 hotels. They do not use that shuttle though to take you to the cruise pier.

They give you 2 taxi vouchers, one for going and one for coming back to the hotel to get your car after your cruise is over. When using the voucher on your return, there is a phone number on the voucher who you call to come pick you up, it is someone they use all the time to do their pick-ups and drop offs to the pier.

I also asked on the phone to give me their best stay and cruise price over the phone, it was the same price as listed on their web site.

We are going out of Baltimore next Sunday on the Pride. We're driving down from NJ the day before. Always smarter and more relaxing to get there the day before. We're staying at the Best Western on O'Donnell Street right outside of the Inner Harbor. They have a stay and cruise package which includes: one night stay, free shuttle service to the Inner Harbor(2 miles), and free shuttle service to and from the terminal(5 miles). The hotel has an indoor pool, sauna, spa, full restaurant and bar, a dinner theater(Toby's), also has a free hot breakfast. Cost is $159. Well worth it considering parking at the terminal is about $125 for the week.

We are going out of Baltimore next Sunday on the Pride. We're driving down from NJ the day before. Always smarter and more relaxing to get there the day before. We're staying at the Best Western on O'Donnell Street right outside of the Inner Harbor. They have a stay and cruise package which includes: one night stay, free shuttle service to the Inner Harbor(2 miles), and free shuttle service to and from the terminal(5 miles). The hotel has an indoor pool, sauna, spa, full restaurant and bar, a dinner theater(Toby's), also has a free hot breakfast. Cost is $159. Well worth it considering parking at the terminal is about $125 for the week.

Anyone stay at this hotel lately? are there any reviews out there?

• 2 months later...

Finally decided and booked the Brookshire Suites 1 block from the downtown inner harbor area.

Stay and Cruise Package plus Parking the car there while we are on our 9 day cruise, transportation to and from the port plus breakfast the morning of the cruise is included with tax. $135.85

Location and recent good reviews won out over the other locations.

Thanks for everyone help.

• 2 weeks later...
Finally decided and booked the Brookshire Suites 1 block from the downtown inner harbor area.

Stay and Cruise Package plus Parking the car there while we are on our 9 day cruise, transportation to and from the port plus breakfast the morning of the cruise is included with tax. $135.85

Location and recent good reviews won out over the other locations.

Thanks for everyone help.

According to their package online, it says parking for up to 8 days. Does that mean in addition to the night(s) you stay prior to the cruise or is that included?

I'm also doing a 9 night cruise was was wondering if I'll need to pay the daily rate on top of the package since it will be parked at the hotel for 10 days.

When I booked my room at Brookshire they told me they would charge for the additional night. I think it was around $30. Still a pretty good deal, so we took it. I think we figure it at $160 for room and additional day of parking. If they didn't tell you, I would call back and check on it. Maybe they've gotten a lot of us cruisers and changed to 9 days of parking. I'd love that!

Archived