Venice cruise terminal to Airport

petrellad

Once our RCL ship arrives back in Venice will there be taxi's (land) to take us to the airport? What is the approximate cost to the airport? What other options are there besides an expensive water taxi. Thank you.

http://www.veniceforvisitors has all the info you need. You do not take a water taxi. You either take a land taxi all the way or the people mover to Piazzal Roma and then an express bus.

we had ship call one to be there at 8am,,,and no other ones around at that time,,,so call ahead if early.

it took 25 mins. and cost 45 euros with tip and luggage ,etc...can also have private car or limo from ship,,,for 70 euros...at least on ours...

just allow time to get luggage at customs terminal and go out back door,not side....:)

takes longer, have to haul luggage,too much of hassle for money saved,,for many,,at least,,,but if thats no problem,,,if not walking to people mover,,,still call taxi to meet you outside terminal,,esp..early in am...too each his own,,,we just like the easiest and fastest option,,not cheapest...;)

takes longer, have to haul luggage,too much of hassle for money saved,,for many,,at least,,,but if thats no problem,,,if not walking to people mover,,,still call taxi to meet you outside terminal,,esp..early in am...too each his own,,,we just like the easiest and fastest option,,not cheapest...;)

The person asked for cheaper options than the water taxi. I suggested the cheapest option.

Does anyone know if it's walking distance (with all your luggage) from Piazzale Roma in Venice to Pier 117 at marittima? I'm thinking no, but I'm seeing that only certain cruise lines, on certain days of the week (not the day we have) offer services to get from the people move to the ship.

Just curious if it would be considered walking distance for 2 people who are in decent (but not awesome) shape lol.

Thanks!

Jennifer

I found this map, but it doesn't really mention scale http://www.vtp.it/terminal/crociere.jsp doesn't seem insanely long, but with luggage i bet it is.

Does anyone know if it's walking distance (with all your luggage) from Piazzale Roma in Venice to Pier 117 at marittima? I'm thinking no, but I'm seeing that only certain cruise lines, on certain days of the week (not the day we have) offer services to get from the people move to the ship.

Just curious if it would be considered walking distance for 2 people who are in decent (but not awesome) shape lol.

Thanks!

Jennifer

I found this map, but it doesn't really mention scale http://www.vtp.it/terminal/crociere.jsp doesn't seem insanely long, but with luggage i bet it is.

No need to walk. Get the People Mover from Piazzale Roma to the port.

Cost 1 euro.

http://europeforvisitors.com/venice/articles/venice-people-mover.htm

No need to walk. Get the People Mover from Piazzale Roma to the port.

Cost 1 euro.

http://europeforvisitors.com/venice/articles/venice-people-mover.htm

Oh I think I'm confused then, for some reason I think I was thinking it was airport to Piazzale Roma on the people mover :0) So then airport to piazzale is probably a regular bus then piazzale to port is the people mover?

I think i need to look at more websites later after work :-) I think my question will be revised to, from where the people mover stops at the port, is it walkable to port 117 within the port or do I need to research alternate means of transport (if there are any).

Thanks for clarifying.

Oh I think I'm confused then, for some reason I think I was thinking it was airport to Piazzale Roma on the people mover :0) So then airport to piazzale is probably a regular bus then piazzale to port is the people mover?

I think i need to look at more websites later after work :-) I think my question will be revised to, from where the people mover stops at the port, is it walkable to port 117 within the port or do I need to research alternate means of transport (if there are any).

Thanks for clarifying.

Two choices. Better choice is taxi from airport to pier 117. Less expensive choice is EXPRESS bus to Piazzal Roma, then People Mover to the port, then a 300 yard level walk to the luggage acceptance door for pier 117. On your map, the terminus of the people mover is just where the 'O' in 'offices' is located Just behind building 103. See http://www.veniceforvisitors.com

you ll be lugging you luggage,,,from bus,to people mover,to walk to pier,,,some on our cruise did this,,,said was too much of a hassle,,,unless your re in great shape,like to lift heavy objects,like to walk dragging luggage,,whew....not for me...just to save $20 euros...just my opinion,,,:eek:

I thought you said your taxi cost 45 euros with tip.

Aerobus is 3 euros and People Carrier 1 euro per person so that's a saving of 37 euros for 2 persons.

Might not suit you but it does others. It's a good option for anyone looking to save a bit of money so please don't condemn it.

Friends of ours in their late 50's did it this way. No problems.

Ariawoman, do what you think is best for you not what's best for other people Good luck and enjoy your cruise.:)

I agree with 103Brandy; it's easy. But then again we only had one small bag and one wheeled case; if you don't overpack, your luggage isn't such a hassle to move onto a bus.

The people mover wasn't in operation in May when we arrived. We saw many people WALKING from Piazzale Roma (PR) to the pier with their luggage, so it's certainly do-able. We were on RCL and they provided a shuttle bus to take us from PR to the ship. I guess the people mover has replaced that shuttle bus now.

We took the blue ATVO bus that 103Brandy speaks of. It's a breeze and only 3E each way. We had a couple of flights in and out of Venice and the ATVO bus was so convenient. It only takes 15-20 minutes to get between Marco Polo Airport and PR, runs twice an hour, at 20 after and 50 after the hour. You can find the schedule from this link. The driver puts your luggage in the storage under the bus. When we arrived at the airport, the bus arrived out front within 5 minutes and we purchased our tickets from their blue vending machine nearby.

http://europeforvisitors.com/venice/articles/venice-cruise-port-transportation-ground.htm

We will probably go the "saving Euros" route, because well, we are able bodied and we will be spending tons of Euro elsewhere lol.

Last year, I wheeled my 50lb luggage from the water taxi, across st marks, over and down a bridge over the canal, to my hotel, so it doesn't sound all that hard to make the bus/people mover/300 yard walk option :-)

Thanks for all the input, I appreciate it (and so will my bf since he won't have to look into it haha).

Now, to wait 42 days to do all this lugging of luggage :-)

Once our RCL ship arrives back in Venice will there be taxi's (land) to take us to the airport? What is the approximate cost to the airport? What other options are there besides an expensive water taxi. Thank you.

Last year we walked to the bus station (10 - 15 min.). If your suitcases have wheels you should be OK!

Screwcork (not in good shape)

• 1 month later...

Our flight home from Venice on Nov. 10th departs at 12:15 p.m. We've arranged for a transfer which should take about 30 minutes. Is it generally necessary to arrive at the airport 3 hours before departure in November? My understanding is that many flights depart in the early morning hours, so would it be better for us to wait until after the crowd disperses to head to the airport? I've only arrived at Marco Polo in the past--never departed from there.

Thanks!

I don't know about November but we had 2 departures from Marco Polo in May. One at 6pm to Portugal and the other at 12:15pm (Delta to JFK). For both flights that 2nd floor Departures area was just crawling with people. The lines barely moved. We arrived at 9:30am for the JFK flight and stood in the check in line for almost 2 hrs. Then about 30 minutes before departure, they opened more booths and the lines quickly moved. That was our experience.

I don't know about November but we had 2 departures from Marco Polo in May. One at 6pm to Portugal and the other at 12:15pm (Delta to JFK). For both flights that 2nd floor Departures area was just crawling with people. The lines barely moved. We arrived at 9:30am for the JFK flight and stood in the check in line for almost 2 hrs. Then about 30 minutes before departure, they opened more booths and the lines quickly moved. That was our experience.

Yikes! :eek: I'm hoping that we can check-in online and print our boarding passes, although I don't know if that will be available or if they'll have kiosks for checking luggage.

there were no kiosks for checking bags. You still need to go thru the Check In staff to show your passport.

(the airport site and it says to arrive 2 hrs prior to departure for an int'l flight and 1 hr for domestic)

Sounds like checkin is just a slow process. http://europeforvisitors.com/venice/articles/marco_polo_airport2.htm

Archived