throwing streamers

linocam

Back in 2002 we threw streamers from Star Princess as she left Singapore on a rainy day for her inaugural cruise. I think the streamers may have been biodegradable...I sure do know that the colors ran...EM

Interesting about Singapore because this is one of those places that it is a big deal to litter in any way. Maybe it disappears on impact.

You just do not see litter on the streets of Singapore.

Keith

If you want to do your own little "send off celebration", I've read others post that they will be bringing bubbles to blow as the sail away. Just a thought. :)

I've seen this before somewhere on the thread! Seems like a fun idea to me! :D Now I just have to remember to buy bubbles and put them in the carry on. I wonder if a party store might have little bubble necklaces - not like you need a whole bottle..... (thinking out loud :p)

I've seen this before somewhere on the thread! Seems like a fun idea to me! :D Now I just have to remember to buy bubbles and put them in the carry on. I wonder if a party store might have little bubble necklaces - not like you need a whole bottle..... (thinking out loud :p)

I LOVE this idea! You can get small, individual sized bottles of bubbles at a craft store like Michaels or Hobby Lobby. I'm sure it wouldn't be hard to fashion a necklace with them.

My sister and her daughter blew bubbles when they went on their cruise and told me she wouldn't do it again because several people standing next to her and even down the ways from her, got the bubbles blown on them and on their clothes from the way the wind was blowing. They were not too happy about it and complained. Not a good way to start out. Just watch out for which way the wind blows.

When i was looking for confetti/streamers for my wedding i did find party poppers that shot out streamers but stayed attached to the canister, then you just threw away the whole thing. I dont remember what site it was but if you do a search for party poppers or streamers you should find something! This would be fun if you had a big group doing it together.

Good Luck

When i was looking for confetti/streamers for my wedding i did find party poppers that shot out streamers but stayed attached to the canister, then you just threw away the whole thing. I dont remember what site it was but if you do a search for party poppers or streamers you should find something! This would be fun if you had a big group doing it together.

Good Luck

Can you carry these on the ship? I would recommend checking with the cruise lines first.... I wouldn't want to be caught with an "explosive" aka party popper on the ship. LOL! Wondering if the teeny tiny charge in those things may be a no, no on the ship.....

Put them in your checked luggage instead. Bubbles solutions are liquid and won't make it through the TSA liquid ban.

I've found a way to have my cake and eat it too. :D

Make streamers out of that corrugated ribbon that you can curl by gently scraping it with a butter knife. Lay several long lengths of the ribbon together. Make a loop in one end of the ribbons big enough to put your hand through so the group of ribbons slide over your wrist. Tie the loop of ribbons tightly so it won't slip then put your hand through the loop – make sure the loop isn't too tight around your wrist. Bring the long 'tail' of ribbons down your palm, with a little slack in it, then loop it around your middle finger. Have someone tie that loop (not too tight around your finger). Now take your finger and hand out. Gently curl a couple of the ribbons in the long tail, then curl a couple more a little more tightly, and so on.

When your ship is leaving port(s) wave good-bye to the poor people staying home with your 'bouquet' of streamers attached to your hand. Now you can keep your "Bon Voyage Streamers" as a souvenir of your wonderful cruise. Label them and hang them on one of your walls when you get home.[/font][/color]

Archived