Are there clothes pins/lines available on the ship?

I have read on some packing lists that I should bring clothes pins.

I am sailing on the Brilliance tomorrow. Do the rooms have clothes lines in the bathrooms? And can I get clothes pins from the steward, or should I buy and bring my own?

Thanks!

There's a line inside the shower, I don't remember pins, we just drape things across. I also bring some suction cup hooks that I leave inside the shower for swimsuits to hang on, but sometimes I forget to get them when packing up, so I've lost a few over the years.

That sucks! (Sorry, I can never resist an obvious pun) :p

I'll add: Do not hang stuff even with clothespins on the balcony, even a balcony chair. It can get very windy and blow stuff off. Use the clothesline in the shower. If you do put stuff on the balcony, you should use clothesline or rope or string or bungy cord to ancher it through a leg or arm in the garment.

I am sailing on the Brilliance tomorrow. Do the rooms have clothes lines in the bathrooms? And can I get clothes pins from the steward, or should I buy and bring my own?

Thanks!

I bring a bungee type cord w/ hooks on each end that can be put in the shower below the regular one. I bring my own clothes pins. Get a dry towel on deck and roo your wet garments and squeeze. Also leave the BR door open for faster drying.

icon12.gif

For ships with curtains in the showers, people will bring clothes pins to weigh the bottom of the curtain down so it doesn't stick to you while showering. That's the main reason, I believe, that clothes pins are usually found on a packing list for a cruise.

Tote your own clothes pins. The line in the shower is small though. I agree, rinse, wring and if it is one or 2 suits, the shower will be ok, if it is more you might want to pack your own makeshift clothes line like others have sugggested. [they dry most quick on the balcny if you have one]

Lotty, the line in the shower cubicle on all my RCCL cruises has been retractable. There's a circular object mounted on each side - one with the clothesline in it, the other with the slot to anchor the peg on the end of the clothesline once you've pulled it across.

Yes, in the Shower as stated above. I went to the Dollar Store and bought a package of plastic (rubber interior so no marks on clothes) for $1.00. About 16 different colored clothes pins. They worked great on the shower line! Sometimes swimsuits, undies (silky) take a little longer to dry. No problem. Always have more than enough of both.

Safe sails and enjoy your cruise!

I brought clothes pin and plastic hangers (they have wooden) And hung up the wet stuff on the door frame of the shower (tube). When I hung stuff on the line in the shower (on the hangers) they always slide together. Using the frame of the shower door worked great. The line in the shower is very tiny. Maybe will hold a bikini but not my swimsuit(LOL)

For ships with curtains in the showers, people will bring clothes pins to weigh the bottom of the curtain down so it doesn't stick to you while showering. That's the main reason, I believe, that clothes pins are usually found on a packing list for a cruise.

You can also use them to pin the curtains together if they don't close completely.

Lotty, the line in the shower cubicle on all my RCCL cruises has been retractable. There's a circular object mounted on each side - one with the clothesline in it, the other with the slot to anchor the peg on the end of the clothesline once you've pulled it across.

Of course, there nothing like taking a shower with my wife's wet panties hanging from the clothesline. :eek::eek::eek:

Of course, there nothing like taking a shower with my wife's wet panties hanging from the clothesline. :eek::eek::eek:

Guess you "don't want the panties hanging on the line" LOL (quote from Richard Dreyfus in "Goodbye Girl" to Marsha Mason...

Best you remove the panties and replace w/ your lovely DW....

....and I don't mean hang her on the line hahahahaha :-)

Have fun.

Guess you "don't want the panties hanging on the line" LOL (quote from Richard Dreyfus in "Goodbye Girl" to Marsha Mason...

Best you remove the panties and replace w/ your lovely DW....

....and I don't mean hang her on the line hahahahaha :-)

Have fun.

There's not enough room in a standard shower for that lol! Have to be up in a JS at least in order to "conserve water" with your significant other.

Quite a shame really.... ;)

I take a coat hanger, and hang it off the air vent in the cabin....air movement will dry your things MUCH faster than hanging them in the bathroom!

I remember that a sticker right beside the air vent says to not hang hangers there--a circle with a hanger and a line through it. Yet, almost every cruise we find a towel animal bat or monkey hanging from there. I guess it doesn't count for stewards (lol).

Tucker in Texas

You can also use them to pin the curtains together if they don't close completely.

The main reason I always have a few pins with me, as well as a mini roll of duct tape, which is good for too many things to list.

I remember that a sticker right beside the air vent says to not hang hangers there--a circle with a hanger and a line through it. Yet, almost every cruise we find a towel animal bat or monkey hanging from there. I guess it doesn't count for stewards (lol).

Tucker in Texas

I believe that that sticker is on/next to the sprinkler head in the ceiling. :)

Thanks!

Oh Yes they will supply you with clothes pins and there are clothes lines on the top deck near the Crown lounge. Also if you ask they'll supply you with a wash board and some lye soap. That is if you are out at sea, if you are in port they'll direct you to the nearest river bank so you can wash your clothes there.

Oh Yes they will supply you with clothes pins and there are clothes lines on the top deck near the Crown lounge. Also if you ask they'll supply you with a wash board and some lye soap. That is if you are out at sea, if you are in port they'll direct you to the nearest river bank so you can wash your clothes there.

Me Thinks You Jest. :p

It's not really a clothes line, per say. Just a thin nylon thread that you can drape your wet suits over. And it's not that large. We use it constantly; also use the balcony if it's not too windy.

I've never brought clothes pins and have never missed not bringing them:D

I just heard of a new benfiet for D+ on in port days they will empty the pool and strech a line the length of the deck to allow you to hang laundry. D and lower C&A members will have to lay thier clothes over the chairs.

I just heard of a new benfiet for D+ on in port days they will empty the pool and strech a line the length of the deck to allow you to hang laundry. D and lower C&A members will have to lay thier clothes over the chairs.

Yes I heard that too....You forgot to mention the best benefit.. We can now use the spa whirlpool to wash our clothes. They will turn the heat up and add soap. Then you go to the Windjamer have lunch and when you come back your clothes are clean and ready for you to hang up! Cruising ...it just keeps getting better!

Archived