Early Saver-Pros and Cons

KellyJ

Hello Everyone,

DH and I want to cruise on Carnival next. We have cruised 3 other lines. What are the advantages/disadvantages of the Early Saver Booking through CCL?

I have read on some of the boards that the deposit is more. If so how much, and is it non-refundable?

Typically, we book way far out, so that is not a problem for us.

Thank you for your patience with a Carnival Newbie.

The biggest con for a Carnival newbie is the cancellation. If you have to cancel the cruise and decide never to sail with Carnival again, you would lose your entire deposit.

For those that are positive they will cruise with Carnival again within 2 years, its not that bad of a risk.

I am not so sure that I did the right thing in booking my early saver. While the price difference for the four of us was $240 less than past guest price, past guest price had a $150 OBC. So, the net savings is really only $90. I don't understand the benefit of "price protection" that they list for early saver but do not list for past guest.

Thank you all for your quick reply. May not be that big of a negative if I have to cancel -in case of emergency. It will just be another reason to cruise later...I wouldn't want to lose my money afterall.

Will have to see about health of parents. Haven't cruised in awhile since both sets of parents have not been well, so that does factor in.

Of course you would get cruise insurance as well?

Thank you all for your quick reply. May not be that big of a negative if I have to cancel -in case of emergency. It will just be another reason to cruise later...I wouldn't want to lose my money afterall.

Will have to see about health of parents. Haven't cruised in awhile since both sets of parents have not been well, so that does factor in.

Of course you would get cruise insurance as well?

Cruise insurance, coupled with ES, is a good way to go. We have elderly parents and had the same concerns as you. Insurance takes care of that, as well as covering you for other eventualities as well.

Everyone says getting price drops is an advantage of ES. Does that mean if you book not using ES that you don't get any price drops?

all fare codes allow price drops until final payment. After final payment only ES allows price drops up until 2 days before sailing.

Bill

Archived