Venice Port facilities (NCL Gem)

teddytubby

Could anyone confirm whether there are any decent shops before embarkation to buy wine & soda etc which we intend to take onboard (paying the $15 corkage fees). This would make handling luggage a lot easier from our Mestre hotel in Venice.

Thanks in advance.........Ted

If you are coming from Mestre, you are likely arriving by taxi. You could ask your driver to stop at Piazzale Roma, where there is a coop that sells what you're looking for, before heading to the cruise port.

Alternately, you could do directly to the ship, check your bags but not board, then take the People Mover to and from Piazzale Roma.

Hi

Thanks for replies. I know there is a supermarket very close to our hotel in Mestre which I planned to use to purchase my wine & soda. We will be using taxi to get to port as you both thought.

I just wondered what was available at port which would have madit it easier to handle the drink after I dropped off main luggage. I remember there were shops at Barcelona port.

Ted

Hi

Thanks for replies. I know there is a supermarket very close to our hotel in Mestre which I planned to use to purchase my wine & soda. We will be using taxi to get to port as you both thought.

I just wondered what was available at port which would have madit it easier to handle the drink after I dropped off main luggage. I remember there were shops at Barcelona port.

Ted

Nothing at the port itself.

Thanks Earl

Info exactly what i wanted to know. Looks like shopping in supermarket next to hotel & carrying on with hand luggage. I would think that taxi will take us directly to ship & porters will take main luggage from there so wont be too difficult

Thanks again all.........Ted

Archived