Booking Chops Online ?

mj

When booking Chops online, saw it requires a credit card to book. Are you charged the 25 per person before you board or is that to hold your reservation? Have not been on Royal in a few years and wanted to know.

When booking Chops online, saw it requires a credit card to book. Are you charged the 25 per person before you board or is that to hold your reservation? Have not been on Royal in a few years and wanted to know.

It is charged to your card immediately.

ETA - Oops, too late :)

Yeah--on RCCI, ANYTHING you book in advance, you'll pay for in advance! If you have OBC's you want to use, you have to wait until you are ONBOARD to book and use that credit!

Except Chef's Table. For Chef's Table on Oasis, they charge you on board.

When you are finished with your dinner you may receive a bill. Make sure they are not charging you again.

Yes, this happened to us too and it was a little awkward. Obviously, they want to bring the bill to the table so you can give an additional gratuity if desired (please don't flame me - you have to know the wait staff is hoping guests will tip on top of the service charge). We just paid the service charge (again!) and went straight away to Guest Relations where it was deducted from our Sea Pass account. No biggie, but still a little awkward nonetheless.

We booked Chops on-line for our Jewel cruise last year.

When you are finished with your dinner you may receive a bill. Make sure they are not charging you again. It happened to us but was quickly taken care of. Just a heads up.

Good advice you have here. The same happened to us and unfortunately I didn't realize the charge until I got home. We looked at our final bill, but we had so many other charges on our seapass, I didn't catch it until later. Now I pay closer attention. You will love Chops!

Archived