Turkey and visa while on cruise

Does anyone know for sure if you need a visa for Turkey when on a cruise ship? We are from Australia and from the bit of research I have done it says that visa is needed at the point of entry. I have not seen any posts regarding this process. I was wondering if you get to the port and before you get off the ship is an immigration person there to issue or what? Any help would be greatly appreciated. I have emailed Cunard for an answer as well but know it may take time for them to answer.

If you look at the question posted by kuldalai, which is currently immediately above this one, you'll find the answer. In sum, it doesn't matter where you're coming from, if you're just visiting a port for the day on a cruise you don't need a visa.

If you're flying into Turkey to start your cruise, you'll have to purchase a visa for a small sum at the airport. If you end your cruise in Turkey, you'll also need one. But just for a port stop, no.

Thank you all for your replies. After I posted this I realized that I had done the search in the CC forum in the wrong area and of course nothing came up there....then I went to the correct "area" and found all the posts you are referring to. :o Thank you again for your replies and patience!

If you look at the question posted by kuldalai, which is currently immediately above this one, you'll find the answer. In sum, it doesn't matter where you're coming from, if you're just visiting a port for the day on a cruise you don't need a visa. If you're flying into Turkey to start your cruise, you'll have to purchase a visa for a small sum at the airport. If you end your cruise in Turkey, you'll also need one. But just for a port stop, no.

Excellent above summary. Don't be shy in asking questions. The only "dumb" question is that one you don't ask. There are lots and lots of great people and information here on these boards.

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

For more details, great visuals, etc., from our July 1-16 Norway Coast/Fjords/Arctic Circle Silver Cloud experiences:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1227923

Archived