Current bar prices?

What are the current drink prices on RCI ships? Do they still have a drink of the day, and if so, how much does that cost? Do you have to buy a mixed drink in a souvenir glass, or can you buy it by itself? Anyone have a bar menu with prices for mixed drinks? I typically drink frozen drinks on cruises, but also have liked the drink of the day in the past. Haven't cruised for 4 years so not up to date on all this info!

Also, how much is a glass of wine? Anyone have a wine list? Sometimes I like to have a glass of wine with dinner. Thanks! :)

You can order the DOD without the "souvenier" glass....I don't collect "themed" glasses at all, so it's a waste of money, IMO!

There are some bar menus on these boards...somewhere!

Wine is waaaaay overpriced on the ship, either by the bottle or glass.....we just stick to beer or mixed drinks...more "bang" for your buck!

You can order the DOD without the "souvenier" glass....I don't collect "themed" glasses at all, so it's a waste of money, IMO!

There are some bar menus on these boards...somewhere!

Wine is waaaaay overpriced on the ship, either by the bottle or glass.....we just stick to beer or mixed drinks...more "bang" for your buck!

Thanks! I would like to get maybe one or two souvenir glasses, but definitely not one every time I get a drink!

How overpriced is wine? Could I get a glass for around $10? That's a normal price to me for a restaurant.

Thanks! While I was replying to the previous poster, you must have been posting this! I checked it out, prices seem very reasonable for everything, and now I know I can get a glass of Pinot Grigio or Chardonnay for under $10.

For the mixed drink prices, are those the prices when served in a souvenir glass, or in a regular glass/cup? And I didn't notice the price for the drink of the day...is it a lower price or the same as the regular usual price?

Seriously - seven bucks for a glass of Beringer white zin? I can buy a bottle here for five bucks! :mad: That's just crazy talk!

I'm thinking the best bang for your buck on that menu looks like a long island iced tea..... And if they did a "BOGO" on those......:D Color me happy!

Wow, I'd love to be able to drink where a lot of member of these boards drink. I keep reading post about how the drinks on board are way over-priced, but really those are more than fair prices. In fact I had one of those exact drinks (Patron Perfect Margarita) at a beach bar and it was $15 not $9. The bar I worked at Patron runs $7.50 a shot. So they might be a tad more expensive. But not much. Their beer is a little more expensive than what I'm used to but not much.

So I guess I have to ask where are ya'lls bars? I wanna drink there.

daze

ETA: I'm not a big wine drinker, but that does look a little steep.

I usually drink a reisling or chenin blanc. By the glass here it's $5-6 (what would be $10-12 by the bottle). Nothing fancy, but better than a Beringer white zin! A margarita here in a restaurant that isn't a chain (blech!) is generally about $5-6.

When we go out, we like to go to the restaurants in the small towns around the area - great prices, good food, and they appreciate our business. A margarita at a chain restaurant in this area would be about $7, so comparable. But we don't go out to eat often, we usually enjoy our wine & cocktails at home with friends!

Seriously - seven bucks for a glass of Beringer white zin? I can buy a bottle here for five bucks! :mad: That's just crazy talk!

I'm thinking the best bang for your buck on that menu looks like a long island iced tea..... And if they did a "BOGO" on those......:D Color me happy!

Seriously, why would anyone drink Beringer Wht Zin? :confused: ;)

But if you did, I just looked up the BevMo price and it was $8.99. That's not a fair comparison, however. The real way to compare wine prices on board a ship is to look at what you would pay in a reasonably priced local restaurant. I suspect It would be around the same $27 per bottle. The less expensive wines are usually marked up almost 3 times whereas the more expensive offerings are marked up around 2 1/2 times.

IMHO, the RCCL wine prices are about what I usually pay in a decent restaurant. My quarrel has always been the limited, and somewhat questionable, choices.

I usually drink a reisling or chenin blanc. By the glass here it's $5-6 (what would be $10-12 by the bottle). Nothing fancy, but better than a Beringer white zin! A margarita here in a restaurant that isn't a chain (blech!) is generally about $5-6.

When we go out, we like to go to the restaurants in the small towns around the area - great prices, good food, and they appreciate our business. A margarita at a chain restaurant in this area would be about $7, so comparable. But we don't go out to eat often, we usually enjoy our wine & cocktails at home with friends!

Those prices are about the same here. But a $5 margarita is with cheap tequila. Cuervo Margaritas will cost you 6-8 and Patron ritas will cost 9-20(depending on the other ingredients, and the proximity of other bars)

Drink of the Day is @ $8.50 with the souvenior glass. Don't know what the price is w/o. There are specials like buy one get one free for margaritas during certain hours and bloody Marys but I don't know the price.

Sounds good! I'm all for 2 for 1 margaritas with DH!!! :)

Wow, I'd love to be able to drink where a lot of member of these boards drink. I keep reading post about how the drinks on board are way over-priced, but really those are more than fair prices. In fact I had one of those exact drinks (Patron Perfect Margarita) at a beach bar and it was $15 not $9. The bar I worked at Patron runs $7.50 a shot. So they might be a tad more expensive. But not much. Their beer is a little more expensive than what I'm used to but not much.

daze

Prices seem very fair to me also, and actually a little less than I expected them to be. But I live in NYC, so paying $10 for a standard (NOT top shelf) mixed drink isn't unheard of where I live. I can tell you all one thing for sure...the bar prices on RCI are definitely less than they are at Disney World! We were there last month and it was $9.25 for a standard frozen margarita at Epcot. It was delicious and worth it, and we had a 20% off discount card, but I didn't even find those prices to be unfair. So, you can imagine, when I saw the RCI prices I was pleased with them.

Around most of Jacksonville a Perfect Margarita runs about $7 but during happy hour 5-7 it is 2-4-1 and at someplace like Outback Margarita's are $3.00 :D:D:D:D

But what liquor are they using? And is the Perfect Margarita made with Patron?

daze

Sounds good! I'm all for 2 for 1 margaritas with DH!!! :)

Prices seem very fair to me also, and actually a little less than I expected them to be. But I live in NYC, so paying $10 for a standard (NOT top shelf) mixed drink isn't unheard of where I live. I can tell you all one thing for sure...the bar prices on RCI are definitely less than they are at Disney World! We were there last month and it was $9.25 for a standard frozen margarita at Epcot. It was delicious and worth it, and we had a 20% off discount card, but I didn't even find those prices to be unfair. So, you can imagine, when I saw the RCI prices I was pleased with them.

couple of years ago, we were at the Marriott Marquis in NYC ....lovely view,but I think the cosmos were at least $15........didnt stop me from having a couple though:p

here in FL,I can get 2 for $8 during Happy Hour

But what liquor are they using? And is the Perfect Margarita made with Patron?

daze

This is an excellent point! The margarita I had at Epcot in Disney World was bottom shelf tequila, definitely NOT Patron! The one I had was the least expensive. I got it only because I prefer frozen margaritas, I never drink them on the rocks or straight up. Others were $12 and $15 each.

couple of years ago, we were at the Marriott Marquis in NYC ....lovely view,but I think the cosmos were at least $15........didnt stop me from having a couple though:p

here in FL,I can get 2 for $8 during Happy Hour

My high school prom was at the Marriott Marquis! Gorgeous place!!! I live in Brooklyn, but yes, in Manhattan the drinks are even more expensive! $15 for a martini seems standard to me in Manhattan. Same thing in Brooklyn, maybe around $12.

This is an excellent point! The margarita I had at Epcot in Disney World was bottom shelf tequila, definitely NOT Patron! The one I had was the least expensive. I got it only because I prefer frozen margaritas, I never drink them on the rocks or straight up. Others were $12 and $15 each.

My high school prom was at the Marriott Marquis! Gorgeous place!!! I live in Brooklyn, but yes, in Manhattan the drinks are even more expensive! $15 for a martini seems standard to me in Manhattan. Same thing in Brooklyn, maybe around $12.

Being an ex New Yorker,I wasnt used to New York prices anymore:p

Wow, I'm glad I don't live in New York! I complain about living in the middle of nowhere when we need to get to the airport to fly somewhere - but I guess it has advantages when it comes to things like drink prices!

And - I don't need "top shelf" - here at home we just use Sauza for our margaritas. I do like Grey Goose for my cosmos, but that's when I can buy a bottle at Sam's Club and make them at home. I can't imagine buying top-shelf drinks for an entire week, my bill at the end of the week would be horrendous!

Might be a good week to go on the wagon..... ;)

When we were on Explorer, we ordered drinks at the pool bar or from waiters asking specifically for no souvenir glasses. We were told that they didn't have the other glasses and gave us souvenir and only charged for regular drinks. I don't know what was going on, but every drink I got was in a souvenir glass.

And, I drink white zin because I happen to like it. I can't stand dry wines because it's like drinking vinegar and most chardonnays to me taste like oak barrels. I prefer sweet drinks.

And, I drink white zin because I happen to like it. I can't stand dry wines because it's like drinking vinegar and most chardonnays to me taste like oak barrels. I prefer sweet drinks.

I don't care for dry wines either. I've never found a red wine that I can drink. I agree with the "oak barrel" reference! I really like the sweeter, fruity reislings. A chenin blanc is similar but not as fruity - not dry, but not oaky. Reislings can be dry or sweet, so you have to know what you're getting. And - I've been know to drink white zin if it's the only thing available other than dry wines, for sure! One restaurant we go to only has a couple of wines by-the-glass, and white zin is the only one they have that's drinkable, IMO. White zin is the very first wine I started drinking (unless you count Boone's Farm :eek::eek:)

. . . .

Didn't mean to be insulting, sorry. :o A lot of Chardonnay is "oaky" or "buttery" because, for some reason, thats what a lot of people like. Try and find an "un-oaked" chard and see if that works for you. Try Valley of the Moon http://unoakedchardonnay.*****.com/reviews/2010/03/valley-of-the-moon-chardonnay-unoaked-2007-california.html or Sonoma Vineyares http://unoakedchardonnay.*****.com/reviews/2010/03/sonoma-vineyards-chardonnay-2006-delicious.html or Round Hill http://unoakedchardonnay.*****.com/reviews/2010/03/round-hill-oak-free-chardonnay-2008-california.html. Also Kim Crawford makes a good un oaked Chard http://www.kimcrawfordwines.co.nz/our-wines/range/regional-reserves/marlborough-unoaked-chardonnay-28#wine/1&tab/overview

I don't care for dry wines either. I've never found a red wine that I can drink. I agree with the "oak barrel" reference! I really like the sweeter, fruity reislings. A chenin blanc is similar but not as fruity - not dry, but not oaky. Reislings can be dry or sweet, so you have to know what you're getting. And - I've been know to drink white zin if it's the only thing available other than dry wines, for sure! One restaurant we go to only has a couple of wines by-the-glass, and white zin is the only one they have that's drinkable, IMO. White zin is the very first wine I started drinking (unless you count Boone's Farm :eek::eek:)

A good red wine for someone who is not sold on them are the wines from Murphy Goode. http://www.murphygoodewinery.com/. I have also heard good things about Jacob's Creek http://www.jacobscreek.com/main.php?country=USA# Again, look to Kim Crawford Pinot http://www.kimcrawfordwines.co.nz/our-wines/range/regional-reserves/marlborough-unoaked-chardonnay-28#wine/3&tab/overview and http://www.kimcrawfordwines.co.nz/our-wines/range/small-parcels/-rise-and-shine-central-otago-pinot-noir-77

LOL Boone's Farm Apple Wine was my drink of choice in H.S., except for beer of course. I do drink some pinot grigio's and some rieslings. We're going tonight to a local mexican restaurant that has a huge happy hour during the week due to the fact they have the best margaritas. We pay at least as much as the ship charges for drinks so the bar prices dont' bother me, but it's the fact we drink more on a cruise that ends up costing us so much.

daze

Really depends where you live. Here in Pa we are lucky enough to have a restaurant/bar that sells $1.10 mugs of beer, $1.35 for a small mixed drink or $2.70 that will knock your sock off. Specialty frozen drinks are really, LOL expensive, $5.

We have taken cruise friends living in CA to this place and they can't believe it.

LOL Boone's Farm Apple Wine was my drink of choice in H.S., except for beer of course. I do drink some pinot grigio's and some rieslings. We're going tonight to a local mexican restaurant that has a huge happy hour during the week due to the fact they have the best margaritas. We pay at least as much as the ship charges for drinks so the bar prices dont' bother me, but it's the fact we drink more on a cruise that ends up costing us so much.

LOL, in college it was Boone's for me too! Strawberry Hill!!! Also, remember Mad Dog?? ;)

I like to drink Pinot Grigio or Riesling as well. Sometimes though, I like a good Chardonnay. I'm not all that into red wines, but sometimes when I cook a roast beef or a good steak for diner, we have a nice Merlot to go with it.

Really depends where you live. Here in Pa we are lucky enough to have a restaurant/bar that sells $1.10 mugs of beer, $1.35 for a small mixed drink or $2.70 that will knock your sock off. Specialty frozen drinks are really, LOL expensive, $5.

We have taken cruise friends living in CA to this place and they can't believe it.

I don't think I ever saw drink prices that low...except the local bar near my college that had $1 Bud & Bud Lights every Tuesday. But here in NY, never in my lifetime! Where in PA are you? I might have to take a road trip...LOL!!!

What are the current drink prices on RCI ships? Do they still have a drink of the day, and if so, how much does that cost? Do you have to buy a mixed drink in a souvenir glass, or can you buy it by itself? Anyone have a bar menu with prices for mixed drinks? I typically drink frozen drinks on cruises, but also have liked the drink of the day in the past. Haven't cruised for 4 years so not up to date on all this info!

Also, how much is a glass of wine? Anyone have a wine list? Sometimes I like to have a glass of wine with dinner. Thanks! :)

Be sure and check the daily Compass for the Drink of the Day and also it will tell you what and when the specials are happening. Cheers!!

Archived