Barcelona Airport

mjtripper

I am looking for any helpful hints regarding the Barcelona airport. Our flight was originally scheduled for 11:50 am now has been changed to 10:35 am. Can't change our flights.

We are going to arrive at the airport by 8:00 - barring any problems.

At the airport should I be looking for a US Air ticket counter like they have here in the states or do they just have a generic counters for the specific flight.

This might sound like a silly question but when we flew out of FCO last yr. there was alot of confusion as to where we were to be to catch our flights.

I just want to be a bit more prepared this time....

Any other information would be helpful.

The airport is not as crazy as FCO is.

I would not count on being at the airport at 8:00 AM based on my experience.

There are several issues such as the ships arrival time and if it is on time, getting the ship cleared, luggage off the ship, finding your luggage, driving over to the airport,etc.

Are you arriving there that morning or is your ship docking there the night before?

Keith

Your taxi driver may not know which terminal you are in. Check with US Airways before u leave the states. We flew on Delta out of BCN last May. We took a taxi from ship to airport; it took us 15 minutes. The lines at the airport can be hectic on departure, due to the many cruise passengers flying out that day. According to my flight tracker system, your US Airways flight will leave from terminal 1.

We are flying from Barcelona to Rome in October. We leave the Celebrity Constellation and go to RCL Navigator of the Seas. Our flight is at 9:50AM and the cruise line booked the flights and transfers and said that there should be NO PROBLEM. Oh my. I will believe this when I see it. It's their problem to get us to that ship, so I'm not too worried.

We are flying from Barcelona to Rome in October. We leave the Celebrity Constellation and go to RCL Navigator of the Seas. Our flight is at 9:50AM and the cruise line booked the flights and transfers and said that there should be NO PROBLEM. Oh my. I will believe this when I see it. It's their problem to get us to that ship, so I'm not too worried.

Plenty of flights daily from BCN to Rome, so you really should have options if you miss the flight and for this route, you should be OK. BUT PLEASE don't count on the cruise line getting you to the ship. Your air was booked by the cruise line as a CONVENIENCE and is solely at YOUR risk. READ the FINE PRINT in your cruise contract. The ONLY thing the cruise line ABSOLUTELY, POSITIVELY HAS to do is refund your air fare. They DO NOT have to get you to the ship. Pure fallacy.

Here is the Celebrity cruise contract-pay particular attention to paragraph 5. In this contract, there is not even mention of a refund.

http://media.celebritycruises.com/celebrity/content/en_US/pdf/cruise_ticket_contract/Celebrity_04_23_08.pdf

Not sure what you mean by "generic counters"

A "generic counter" is one that will handle check-ins for any upcoming flight no matter the airline. I have never seen one in the United States, but I have in Venice.

Archived