Help settle a friendly disagreement...

ACRmom

My family, DH, Myself, DSs (17,10,&3) will be cruising on the Dream on 8/28 (woo-hoo single digits!!). DH, 2 Older boys and I have been on one previous Carnival cruise, this will be #3's first. DH and I were discussing S&S cards, I said #3 will get a blue one since this is his first cruise. DH said no this is our second family cruise so he should get the gold one. I don't think that's the way it works, so can anyone help...which color will #3's card be?

This isn't a big deal, just curious which one of us will be proven correct. DH is of course always right (or at least in his mind he is LOL :p) so if I am correct I can prepare my gloating for next week! ;)

Thank you so much for any help you can give!!!

My family, DH, Myself, DSs (17,10,&3) will be cruising on the Dream on 8/28 (woo-hoo single digits!!). DH, 2 Older boys and I have been on one previous Carnival cruise, this will be #3's first. DH and I were discussing S&S cards, I said #3 will get a blue one since this is his first cruise. DH said no this is our second family cruise so he should get the gold one. I don't think that's the way it works, so can anyone help...which color will #3's card be?

This isn't a big deal, just curious which one of us will be proven correct. DH is of course always right (or at least in his mind he is LOL :p) so if I am correct I can prepare my gloating for next week! ;)

First time cruisers get red white and blue cards. Its not based on families.

The same is also true with the Gold (Previous Cruiser) and the Platinum (10+) levels as well, it is based on the Cruiser and not the Group they are in.

I am soooo prepared to gloat in Dec. DD and I will be platinum, and DH and other DD will still be gold! Na, na na na na!:p

You are right, ACRmom. He will receive a newbie card. (Isn't the woman always right?!) ;)

Now that brings up a whole other argument!:D Men just give in because it just isn't worth the consequences of not doing so!:D:D It has taken me 52 years to learn!:D

It will be blue. Took my mom and mother - in law last October for my 4th "family" cruise but their first with Carnival. They had blue we had gold.

No gloating allowed - now if I know '3 year olds' - they will wonder why their card is different from everyone else's - and from my experience it is best to say "WOW - look you got the special red/white and blue card? and all we got were these ugly gold ones - you rock!" - this will put a smile on the 3 year old's face (and your's too I'm sure?).

We don't want to have an upset 3 yr old as we board the ship now do we? :D:D

No gloating allowed - now if I know '3 year olds' - they will wonder why their card is different from everyone else's - and from my experience it is best to say "WOW - look you got the special red/white and blue card? and all we got were these ugly gold ones - you rock!" - this will put a smile on the 3 year old's face (and your's too I'm sure?).

EXCELLENT point! He'll have the "cool" card so he won't be hissy fittin' about wanting a gold card.... nice! :D

First time cruisers get red white and blue cards. Its not based on families.

The 2nd post and the CORRECT answer. :) Let the gloating begin. :D

(Your husband probably knew this all along, but loves you and wanted you to win one. We smart ones do this all the time :rolleyes:)

Interesting.......

What happens next time when he/she dont get that "Special" Card and has to use one of those "ugly gold" ones????

Just an observation!

Dumb question, but what does a 3 year old even need a Sign and Sail card for? He presumably won't be buying things or opening the cabin door alone. Maybe it's involved with Camp Carnival somehow?

To get on and off the ship at ports and disembarkation.

Interesting.......

What happens next time when he/she dont get that "Special" Card and has to use one of those "ugly gold" ones????

Just an observation!

If he remembers - it was because they knew it was your first cruise and show your are special.

Archived