anytime dining waitlisted

califgary

Ive just heard something in another board that I have got ask here - PRINCESS people are so much more reliable IMO. Has anyone heard of anytime dining being waitlisted??? What do you do if you cant pick you dining choice? This one blows me away as I thought anytime would be a default when all else fills up.

I've never heard/seen Anytime dining waitlisted. There are many times when there is a long wait to be seated during the cruise but never seen the dining choice itself be waitlisted. There are several other options for dinner in addition to Anytime plus many Princess ships have more than one Anytime dining room.

FYI, HAL is a different story. They are particular about who eats in their Open seating and don't allow anyone from Traditional ("Main" on HAL) to eat in the Open dining room/area without prior approval. On HAL, the primary dining choice is Main; on Princess, it's Anytime.

Exactly Pam - I have always thought anytime would be what you'd get when all the other seatings fill up - there is a guy on the Carnival thread that is swearing up and down anytime is waitlisted - Im used to the formal seating times going first but maybe on Carnival more people want anytime which sounds right based on them being the party people!

We just cruised on Carnival and the Any Time Dining (or Your Time Dining) was waitlisted. It was the second dinner seating that you defaulted to if you didn't get into the Any Time Dining. Apparently, on Carnival the early and any time are more popular.

Exactly Pam - I have always thought anytime would be what you'd get when all the other seatings fill up - there is a guy on the Carnival thread that is swearing up and down anytime is waitlisted - Im used to the formal seating times going first but maybe on Carnival more people want anytime which sounds right based on them being the party people!
On Princess, far more people want Traditional than can be accommodated and there is always a long waitlist with the spillover going to Anytime. That's why Princess just added a 3rd Traditional dining time at 5:30pm. They seem to be bucking the trend of cruiselines going to mostly open seating for dinner.

Wow! interesting hearing how the profile of cruisers are with different lines - I learned something today! I guess I stick with lines who's customers clammer for the early and late seatings and those fill up first - i think that makes me too anal doesnt it (same time for dinner, same table, same wait staff) but I like it that way! thanks for Carnival scoop!

...maybe on Carnival more people want anytime which sounds right based on them being the party people!
Did you hear about the Carnival Dream that had a wild brawl the other day? Ten people were removed from the ship at the next port. And another person was turned over to the FBI for a drug violation.

Did you hear about the Carnival ship that had a wild brawl the other day? Ten people were removed from the ship at the next port. And another person was turned over to the FBI for a drug violation.

Yikes! :eek:

Did you hear about the Carnival ship that had a wild brawl the other day? Ten people were removed from the ship at the next port. And another person was turned over to the FBI for a drug violation.

Wow no I had not. We've done exactly one Carnival cruise and swore never to return - an open brawl doesnt surprise me

Did you hear about the Carnival Dream that had a wild brawl the other day? Ten people were removed from the ship at the next port. And another person was turned over to the FBI for a drug violation.

That brawl was in a dance club (http://travel.usatoday.com/cruises/post/2010/08/carnival-dream-cruise-ship-mexico-brawl-passenger-/108602/1).

On Princess the brawls are in the laundry rooms.

Did that free up tables for people who were waitlisted for dinner???

LOL :D

Anytime Dining is often waitlisted with other cruise lines. For some reason, I've never seen that with Princess.

Carnivore's My Time Dining is the one that seems to have this dining wait-listed more than any other cruise line. What's worse is that it's not like dining with other cruise lines where you're moved up the waitlist before your cruise. They won't tell you what your wait-list number is and they don't move you up when spots become available. They wait until sailing. It's pretty aggravating when everyone in a group got My Time except one couple and they have no idea how close they are to getting it. :mad:

Sad to say - not surprised about a brawl on Carnival. We used to do CCL regularly, but 2002 was the last, and we both agreed - never again on CCL. Drunken idiocy in the halls, public areas, etc....not for us anymore! (Are we officially getting old?!)

We saw the same crazy behavior it was like people just getting out of prison and then going totally hog-wild with no consideration for any other human being around.

I say you are officially smart to cross Carnival off your list.

Hi All,

Nice to see folks getting kicked of a cruise ship, cruise ships have rules and standards to follow,

as to anytime or first 10 cruises we asked for fixed and got anytime,

having now done a number of fixed dinning cruises I would not want to go back to anytime.

yours Shogun

Archived