Itinerary help from the Princess experts out there

Darcy15

Hi

I am planning a cruise to Hawaii and the South Pacific for 2012. I have the new 2011/2012 Princess brochure, which goes up to May 2012. There are several great cruises, but.....the thought of flying to and from the UK to either Papeete or Sydney to join the cruise is quite daunting, to say the least:eek:

However, in the brochure there is a roundtrip cruise from Los Angeles with a wonderful itinerary. Sapphire Princess on October 22nd 2011 Hawaii, Tahiti and Samoa. This would be just perfect for me - flight to LA, while long enough, is certainly less than the other options. One of the bigger ships too which would also suit me better I think. Only hitch is the timing - not really time to save the necessary ££££:o

So, my question to all you Princess experts:):) is to ask if this cruise is a 'regular' one and is likely to be repeated in October 2012?

Thanks for any help

That itinerary is very likely to be repeated in 2012. They are VERY popular cruises. It seems as if, lately, it's done more and more frequently that it used to be. Some of the round trip cruises out of CA (about 60 days total) were never an option before.

We done it twice, once in both directions. It is definitely a wonderful cruise. I prefer the itineraries that stop on Samoa as well as American Samoa, because it really is an even more traditional island. If the ship spends a day in the New Zealand fiords, that's a plus too.

Hi

So, my question to all you Princess experts:):) is to ask if this cruise is a 'regular' one and is likely to be repeated in October 2012?

Thanks for any help

Hi Darcy. We're on that one. Hope you can join us.

Oct. 2011 is the first time Princess has done a S. Pacific with a return to LA.

As to what their plans are for the future, it's hard to guess. Based on the popularity of this cruise I would certainly expect they would repeat it.

It is the first time I've seen Princess do this itinerary, but it's selling well so there's a good chance they'll offer it the next year.

I feel your indecision though! It seems that whenever I have the time to cruise, I don't have the money and when I have the money, I don't have the time. :mad:

We are booked on the Sapphire for this 28 day cruise, and honestly 2012 would be better for us also (as we are sailing on the Royal from Hawaii to Tahiti and around Tahiti in February/March 2011). But I am not taking the chance on Princess offering this cruise again, so I have also booked it while it is available. Sometimes there is just no way to know if the same cruise will be offered year after year, especially when it is the first time and a one of a kind sailing.

Good luck on your decision!

Hi

I am planning a cruise to Hawaii and the South Pacific for 2012. I have the new 2011/2012 Princess brochure, which goes up to May 2012. There are several great cruises, but.....the thought of flying to and from the UK to either Papeete or Sydney to join the cruise is quite daunting, to say the least:eek:

However, in the brochure there is a roundtrip cruise from Los Angeles with a wonderful itinerary. Sapphire Princess on October 22nd 2011 Hawaii, Tahiti and Samoa. This would be just perfect for me - flight to LA, while long enough, is certainly less than the other options. One of the bigger ships too which would also suit me better I think. Only hitch is the timing - not really time to save the necessary ££££:o

Thanks for any help

We were looking at a brochure and I believe they are offering this cruise several times into 2012. Also, sometimes the earlier you book the cheaper the cabins are. I know we booked to Nov 2011 and already saved a couple of thousand dollars.

I too thought the itinerary was perfect...however, the price was not! Just too expensive (broken down on a per day price), but I know it is a big seller, so they obviously are getting their price! Just not from us!!

This is the first time I've seen this itinerary and would have booked it if I didn't already have something planned in October 2011. Since it's brand-new and never offered before (to my knowledge), there's no way to know whether they'd offer it again in 2012. If they do, I'll definitely book it. :) They've done trans-Pacific cruises before but not a round-trip out of LA.

This itinerary is too good to pass up the chance that it may not be offered again in a year of so. We booked it within a few days of it becoming available, even though we already had another cruise booked for earlier in 2011.

Archived