Princess Secrets they Don't Tell You

philsfun

You can order a complementary plate of assorted stuffed olives at the martini bar. If you bring wine onboard you can pick up wine glasses at any bar or just leave your room steward a note to always leave clean glasses in your room. If you pre purchase internet minutes before you leave you will get free minutes based on the package you pick. If you are staying in an interior stateroom leave the TV on the bridge cam channel it will give the illusion of a window and if you leave it on all night it will serve as a night light.

Those stuffed olives were to die for!:D

Here's one from our recent cruise that might be useful: If there's something that you think you may have lost on the ship, lost and found items are brought to the terminal after disembarkation, so you can check there. My uncle was able to retreive a set of binoculars that had been misplaced in the Explorers Lounge shortly after disembarkation.

to go to the buffet and take plates of food/drinks to the cabin?

I saw people do this and wondered if its one of those things people do and shouldn't??:confused:

It's perfectly fine to take food to your cabin. I take breakfast to my balcony frequently

Linda

to go to the buffet and take plates of food/drinks to the cabin?

I have done it. See nothing wrong with it.

We have taken food back to our balcony and enjoyed a meal.

I have taken food from Horizon Court to Sanctuary to enjoy.

Don't see the harm in it. I am sure someone else will.

Thank you so much for this thread! We are going for our first ever cruise in a few weeks and I have been so nervous. I love to plan and hate not knowing what to expect.

One question - I keep reading about how you can put a luggage tag on a case of wine and give it to the porters. Can you do the same with a case of beer or do I have to just throw that in a bag with my carry on? I'm not a big wine drinker - will only have a bottle or two when we sit down for dinner. Thank you!!

Thank you so much for this thread! We are going for our first ever cruise in a few weeks and I have been so nervous. I love to plan and hate not knowing what to expect.

One question - I keep reading about how you can put a luggage tag on a case of wine and give it to the porters. Can you do the same with a case of beer or do I have to just throw that in a bag with my carry on? I'm not a big wine drinker - will only have a bottle or two when we sit down for dinner. Thank you!!

I have never sent my wine or beer with a porter. I always take it in my carry on. I empty a small suitcase into a larger suitcase, so my small case can take all my alcohol.

being a long time cruiser...a few little known secrets

1. If you do not wish to pay the added gratuity, just go

down to the pursers desk and have it removed. We prefer

to tip on our own.

2. When you get to your state room, ask for robe & slippers

plus a bed topper, and upgraded pillows....you won't be

sorry !!!!

3. Tipping cash to the bartenders goes a long way. You

get better drinks..and some freebies besides !!!

barb & ed....( 19 cruises) ~~~~

Being an Aussie and only tipping in Australia for Great Service,I am not certain how much or when I should tip our room attendant, we have been on one cruise and did this as a lump sum at the end, but from what i read in a lot of the posts it seems a smaller amount often is the best way to go:o:confused:

Just remember that it is your right to remove the auto tip but whatever you tip if you remove the auto goes into the pool anyway

Being an Aussie and only tipping in Australia for Great Service,I am not certain how much or when I should tip our room attendant, we have been on one cruise and did this as a lump sum at the end, but from what i read in a lot of the posts it seems a smaller amount often is the best way to go:o:confused:

One question - I'm not a big wine drinker - will only have a bottle or two when we sit down for dinner.

*My Kinda girl!! ;) ;) ;)

One question - I'm not a big wine drinker - will only have a bottle or two when we sit down for dinner.

*My Kinda girl!! ;) ;) ;)

Lololo that third bottle is just a little too much for me also :o:p:rolleyes:

Princess automatically adds the tip to your account. They split it up between all the staff. I often tip extra to the room steward, my waiter, and if he's been very attentive, the head waiter.

Princess automatically adds the tip to your account. They split it up between all the staff. I often tip extra to the room steward, my waiter, and if he's been very attentive, the head waiter.

Always remember the auto-tip is discretionary. It may be increased, decreased, or removed entirely if you so wish.

It's perfectly fine to take food to your cabin. I take breakfast to my balcony frequently

Linda

Thanks for the reply and the other cc's that replied. I shall now enjoy some nibbles in our room :D

Oh yeah, we often get a plate of food and bring it to our cabin. We usually get a second plate and just place over the top of the plate of food and carry it to our cabin that way. I have however seen passengers bring foil from home and place that on top of their filled plate to bring back to their cabins.

Someone mentioned about WARM cookies being brought to the pool side around 3:00 PM. I have neve heard of this before. Is it at ALL pools, or just certain ones? I am a "cookie" monster.;)

We have just returned from two weeks around the Caribbean on Sea Princess, I do have several issues with Princess which are the subject of a letter of complaint that they will receive tomorrow.

But be aware that every time you buy a drink, coffee, beer, soda ect., on top of the already inflated price you are charged an extra 15%...:eek:

We have just returned from two weeks around the Caribbean on Sea Princess, I do have several issues with Princess which are the subject of a letter of complaint that they will receive tomorrow.

But be aware that every time you buy a drink, coffee, beer, soda ect., on top of the already inflated price you are charged an extra 15%...:eek:

that 15% is the gratuity added on. They don't make that a "secret"

Someone mentioned about WARM cookies being brought to the pool side around 3:00 PM. I have neve heard of this before. Is it at ALL pools, or just certain ones? I am a "cookie" monster.;)

We were served warm cookies and cold milk every afternoon at the pool closest to the grill. I'm pretty sure they bring the cart around to the other pools as well. YUMMY!!!!

Was this your 1st cruise? Your Travel Agent should have explained all the details of cruising to you! This has always been a fact and highly publized.

Was this your 1st cruise? Your Travel Agent should have explained all the details of cruising to you! This has always been a fact and highly publized.

No it certainly was not our first cruise, but it will be our last on Princess..:eek:

No it certainly was not our first cruise, but it will be our last on Princess..:eek:

I don't know why. This is an industry standard. All cruiselines add a gratuity to beverage service and all cruiselines charge for certain beverages. OK, that's a generalization and I know there are exceptions - but this happens more often than not.

If you travel P and O, they may not add a gratuity on, but most of the cruise lines do. Sorry to hear you won't travel Princess again. One of the reasons they started to add on Gratuities is because many European's don't tip, due to your customs, therefore, the staff, who primarily get paid tips and nothing else, had a much more limited income

Well, since people don't carry around cash, it's more convenient to add the gratuity on to the service. Don't you always tip your servers in hotels, restaurants and resorts? I can't imagine complaining about that. I just appreciate that all I have to do is sign!

Archived