Princess Secrets they Don't Tell You

philsfun

Caribe Cafe, next to Horizon, is open 24 hours

On the Crown, Cafe Carib is now closing at 11pm. Below is a link to the dining options on the Crown. You can see any ship by using this link then changing the URL manually to put your ships name in. It looks like princess is reducing service - there is another thread about this topic.

The International Cafe may be open and Room Service is available, but most (all) other dining options are no longer open 24 hours.

http://www.princess.com/learn/onboard/dining/dining_options/crown.html

On the Crown, Cafe Carib is now closing at 11pm. Below is a link to the dining options on the Crown. You can see any ship by using this link then changing the URL manually to put your ships name in. It looks like princess is reducing service - there is another thread about this topic.

The International Cafe may be open and Room Service is available, but most (all) other dining options are no longer open 24 hours.

http://www.princess.com/learn/onboard/dining/dining_options/crown.html

that's a big changed. I was on the Emerald in May and the Caribe was open

This was just posted on a thread:

Hi to everyone! We just got back from the Grand Princess on Saturday. It was great to find some sunshine at last. Summer has bypassed us this year and we had forgotten what temperatures above 65 were like.

Found several changes which we have been told Princess will be bringing out throughout the fleet. ie Horizon Court closing at 11pm. There were a lot of complaints because we couldn't even get tea and coffee after 11pm, but noticed after a week or so it was open until 12.00 for drinks. Also no MDR open on port days for lunch

This was just posted on a thread:

Hi to everyone! We just got back from the Grand Princess on Saturday. It was great to find some sunshine at last. Summer has bypassed us this year and we had forgotten what temperatures above 65 were like.

Found several changes which we have been told Princess will be bringing out throughout the fleet. ie Horizon Court closing at 11pm. There were a lot of complaints because we couldn't even get tea and coffee after 11pm, but noticed after a week or so it was open until 12.00 for drinks. Also no MDR open on port days for lunch

This is all quite disappointing!! :(

Caribe Cafe, next to Horizon, is open 24 hours

I usually don’t eat in the buffets late at night but on the rare occasion that I have wondered up there after midnight Horizon Court was never open only Café’ Caribe. The only ones up there were officers and my teens along with other teens. My kids would have a snack after the teen center closed. With this said the link to the dining times shows Cafe' Caribe closing at 11:00pm. It’s no lose to me as for the few times I went up there for a snack the only things offered were wilted salads hamburgers that resembled hockey pucks and tasteless desserts. The international cafe' probably had more of what I was looking for at that time of the evening. As long as they leave that open I will be satisfied even if I have to pay for coffee.

Does this mean no MDR on embarkation day as well?

They seem to have left that.

Very often we don't go ashore on port days and love to have a slow, relaxed day with lunch in the MDR so this is very disappointing to us!

I copied this from the Emerald dining page

http://www.princess.com/learn/onboar...s/emerald.html

Main Dining Rooms Traditional

7:30 AM

to

9:30 AM

12:00 PM

to1:30 PM (sea and turnaround days only)

5:30 PM

6:00 PM

and

8:15 PM

Anytime

7:30 AM

to

9:30 AM

12:00 PM

to

1:30 PM (sea and turnaround days only)

5:30 PM

to

10:00 PM

We were served warm cookies and cold milk every afternoon at the pool closest to the grill. I'm pretty sure they bring the cart around to the other pools as well. YUMMY!!!!

We have also had cookies and milk come around the IC and in the Atrium if you are just sitting enjoying the atmosphere. If you are just sitting around the deck sometime you may just be surprised by someone walking around offering cookies. Nice touch.

Regarding the auto gratuity: If you decrease the amount or remove it entirely in favor of giving special tips to special people who served you, they are NOT allowed to keep the tip. They are required to put it in the kitty with all the other tips. When we gave envelopes of extra cash to our waiters, they asked for our cabin number so they could check if they could keep the money or not.

Regarding the auto gratuity: If you decrease the amount or remove it entirely in favor of giving special tips to special people who served you, they are NOT allowed to keep the tip. They are required to put it in the kitty with all the other tips. When we gave envelopes of extra cash to our waiters, they asked for our cabin number so they could check if they could keep the money or not.

So you are saying that if we leave the AUTO gratuity ON our room, then give our cabin steward and/or waiter a cash tip, they DO get to keep the cash.

• 4 weeks later...
I The international cafe' probably had more of what I was looking for at that time of the evening. As long as they leave that open I will be satisfied even if I have to pay for coffee.

Such cafes are not available on all Princess ships.

Such cafes are not available on all Princess ships.

They will be adding an IC to the Sapphire in January. I am glad as I enjoyed that venue on the CB a couple of years ago. We will be sailing on the Sapphire in May. It seems they are gradually adding the IC and Vines along with other popular enhancements to older ships in the fleet as they enter major drydocks.:)

You can order a complementary plate of assorted stuffed olives at the martini bar. If you bring wine onboard you can pick up wine glasses at any bar or just leave your room steward a note to always leave clean glasses in your room. If you pre purchase internet minutes before you leave you will get free minutes based on the package you pick. If you are staying in an interior stateroom leave the TV on the bridge cam channel it will give the illusion of a window and if you leave it on all night it will serve as a night light.

is this on all cruises. We had them on the coral but not star. we are going on the ruby soon and I love those olives:p

To the person who wrote that Princess is now charging for International Cafe offers . . . you are mistaken. The breakfast and lunch offerings are free, but there is a minimal charge for specialty items in the evening. However, if you go to the wine bar (Vines) and order a glass of wine, they will serve you "tapas" for free.

Well, I just read through all 57 pages of this thread, and wished I'd signed on to this board a week and a half ago! (Just got back from our second cruise with Princess... on the Sapphire.)

Great tips! I've copied most of 'em down... they'll get used eventually... the one thing we DID know was to buy the Future Cruise option while we were onboard! :D

To the person who wrote that Princess is now charging for International Cafe offers . . . you are mistaken. The breakfast and lunch offerings are free, but there is a minimal charge for specialty items in the evening. However, if you go to the wine bar (Vines) and order a glass of wine, they will serve you "tapas" for free.

What are the "specialty items" they charge for?

Archived