Princess Secrets they Don't Tell You

philsfun

If it doesn't have a warming plate it should be ok. I know someone who brings a single cup brewer on all of her many cruises.

They are mainly worried you will leave it on and start a fire so if it just brews and then turns off it should be ok.

I wondered about that too. The one I have has a shut off. Still early days before I have to figure out how to get a "decent" coffee fix.

Karen

Just returned from a 14 day Panama Canal cruise on the Coral Princess. The food was horrible in the MDR and the Buffet. Tasteless and bland and a cheaper menu since Carnival bought the cuise line. I won't book another Princess cruise.

You must have been glad to get home and get some good food. I hope that my only concern is the coffee on our 14 day Southern Caribbean cruise.

Karen

Just returned from a 14 day Panama Canal cruise on the Coral Princess. The food was horrible in the MDR and the Buffet. Tasteless and bland and a cheaper menu since Carnival bought the cuise line. I won't book another Princess cruise.

We have been on Coral a few times since the take over. We had no problems.

john

So this must be your first and last?

Friendly people get served better food than unfriendly people, or maybe its just an attitude thing! In any event, we just got off the Pacific and the food was fine, sometimes great and sometimes just OK, but never tasteless or bland!

PS we booked the Coral for the fall and can't wait because we love this ship a lot and consider it one of the best in the fleet!~

We did the Coral Panama cruise in October and the food was fine in both the MDR and Horizon Court. But, after seeing some other negative posts, I hope things haven't changed.

Carnival has owned Princess for eons

Maybe it was just the cruise you were on

I've been on Princess 9X and on one cruise, food was just OK

It happens

Don't give up just because of one cruise

So this must be your first and last?

Friendly people get served better food than unfriendly people, or maybe its just an attitude thing! In any event, we just got off the Pacific and the food was fine, sometimes great and sometimes just OK, but never tasteless or bland!

PS we booked the Coral for the fall and can't wait because we love this ship a lot and consider it one of the best in the fleet!~

Hi Amelia,

I was just reading your "live" update from Pacific and enjoying it very much. There are four of us going on a back to back on the CB in April. I think you may have met them on the TA in this past April. I am so ready to cruise!

Unless the food is absolutely terrible, I am glad when someone else serves and cleans up. :)

Karen

Hi Amelia,

I was just reading your "live" update from Pacific and enjoying it very much. There are four of us going on a back to back on the CB in April. I think you may have met them on the TA in this past April. I am so ready to cruise!

Unless the food is absolutely terrible, I am glad when someone else serves and cleans up. :)

Karen

Hi Karen,

I just started to feel normal after being away since Thanksgiving! I just signed up for Beijing to Vancouver in April on the Diamond. Excited about China!

Good to hear you are cruising more too, hope all is well at home.

tucker: I was just making a general observation here. I am definitely not a foodie, and I am sorry you were disappointed in the food.

In case you hadn't noticed, this is not the thread for your complaining. Go post a review if you feel so compelled.

Hi Karen,

I just started to feel normal after being away since Thanksgiving! I just signed up for Beijing to Vancouver in April on the Diamond. Excited about China!

Good to hear you are cruising more too, hope all is well at home.

tucker: I was just making a general observation here. I am definitely not a foodie, and I am sorry you were disappointed in the food.

Amelia,

just as an aside, I think you've crossed paths with Billy and Charlie's Mum before, they did Beijing to Vancouver last yr. I'm sure she would share some tour info. If you want to connect with her, email me at mrspaper1 at aol dot com

Linda

Amelia,

just as an aside, I think you've crossed paths with Billy and Charlie's Mum before, they did Beijing to Vancouver last yr. I'm sure she would share some tour info. If you want to connect with her, email me at mrspaper1 at aol dot com

Linda

Thanks Linda, I know our paths have crossed at least on paper, several times! Thanks for the info. :)

We,too, just returned from a 14 day cruise on the Coral. We thought main dining room food ranged from decent to spectacular. The lamb chops were perfect....also enjoyed prime rib, lobster, and several fish and pasta dishes. Mango ice cream was sublime. Pumpkin pie on Thanksgiving was surprisingly good, as was the cold pumpkin soup and the escargot appetizer. The only disappointing meal we had was a steak....being from Texas I am particular about my beef.

Horizon Court was just so so....after a meal or two we opted for the MDR for lunch.

We copied and printed numerous tips from this thread. Cookies at 3:30 gets a thumbs up....so does the idea of weighting the bottom of the shower curtain with large metal fasteners. Lots of folks must have read about the hidden forward observation area on the baja deck....people were kind three deep by the time we arrived.

Here is my addition: The idea of bringing a highlighter to identify activities from the Princess Patter does not work if you leave your highlighter on the kitchen counter in your haste to get out the door.

Started packing today. Anyone else packing and repacking as choices are made. Our room is just a few doors from laundry room so not packing as many clothes this time. Never wear all that I have packed on the last 3 trips so going for the less is better, more room for purchases for the ride home.

What happened to the secrets part of this thread?

This thread has been running for over a year. I guess we ran out of secrets and with some of the changes Princess as put in place I would bet some of the secrets need to be updated. Although I agree with you about the off topic comments at least it keeps the thread on the first page.

I haven't gone all the way back to look at every secret, so I apologize for repeat... there is a pottery painting station on the ship near the adult pool. Only problem is you gotta get there in the beginning of your trip because they begin to run out of choices of pottery to paint! I think all they had left were mugs when we were there and they close for lunch (I think 12-1?).

We also ordered room service for breakfast with food not on the door hanging menu like I had read before. If you ask for eggs though, they give you the breakfast sandwich. But if you ask for pancakes or french toast they do give it to you!

Disembarking on your own is the quickest way to get out of the ship, but be expected to lug your luggage down stairs because the elevators are PACKED, especially if you're on the top floor. :(

They going to try and offer the $20 per bag special on cruise longer then 10 days. The rational is, if they ship does the laundry. The amount polluting discharge is reduced.

Great idea, if implemented. Alas, no 20 dollar special was offered on our 14 day cruise on the Coral over Thanksgiving.

Newbie question - which dining room is considered the MDR for breakfast and lunch? Or does that vary by ship and / or sailing?

I am not sure there is a fleet wide policy. We just check the Princess Patter to see which dining room is open for breakfast and lunch. We also look to see if a specialty dining room is offering a no extra charge pub lunch.

Archived