Princess Secrets they Don't Tell You

philsfun

Years ago there was a thread that explained how to contact your ship before your sail date and ask for an egg crate, top sheet and robes. I think you just fax it in to princess and they send it on to the ship. We did it and everything was set the way we wanted it. We are sailing for a new years cruise and I am worried that they will run out of egg crates before we can tell our room steward. Does anyone remember this or know of how to do this. :confused:

Years ago there was a thread that explained how to contact your ship before your sail date and ask for an egg crate, top sheet and robes. I think you just fax it in to princess and they send it on to the ship. We did it and everything was set the way we wanted it. We are sailing for a new years cruise and I am worried that they will run out of egg crates before we can tell our room steward. Does anyone remember this or know of how to do this. :confused:

This is from about 5 years ago.

I hope the fax number is still accurate!

(PS - Sometimes it works but sometimes it doesn't. We also add a request for a top sheet and that has NEVER been there. ;) )

Here's an exemplar of the fax request:

Name

Booking Number ____________

Voyage Number _______/Ship's Name

Sail Date -_________________

Cabin Number - _______

Phone Number - _______________

Web Address - _________________

Fax Transmittal Form

To: Princess Cruises From: Name

ATTN: Special Services Number of Pages: 1

Fax: 661 284 4885

Please request cabin steward place an eggcrate mattress topper and a top sheet on queen arrangement bed.

This is from about 5 years ago.

I hope the fax number is still accurate!

(PS - Sometimes it works but sometimes it doesn't. We also add a request for a top sheet and that has NEVER been there. ;) )

Here's an exemplar of the fax request:

Name

Booking Number ____________

Voyage Number _______/Ship's Name

Sail Date -_________________

Cabin Number - _______

Phone Number - _______________

Web Address - _________________

Fax Transmittal Form

To: Princess Cruises From: Name

ATTN: Special Services Number of Pages: 1

Fax: 661 284 4885

Please request cabin steward place an eggcrate mattress topper and a top sheet on queen arrangement bed.

you are awesome:) thanks so much this is exactly the one I was looking for. I can never find anything when I do a search so I figured it was easier to ask for help! thanks for the quick response.

When we booked our cruise, they asked us if we wanted an egg crate topper, etc. and we said 'yes'. When I log in to the personalizer and click 'View Travel Summary', then 'Print Travel Summary' the following is listed at the very bottom:

ALL SPECIAL SERVICES FOR THIS BOOKING

Extra Pillows Requested Quantity: 1

Eggcrate Mattress 1 Per Queen/Twin Quantity: 1

Feather Pillows Requested Quantity: 1

Can you just call Princess and request these items if you weren't asked during booking? Hopefully you can see the verification on your Travel Summary and that will put your mind at ease.

When we booked our cruise, they asked us if we wanted an egg crate topper, etc. and we said 'yes'. When I log in to the personalizer and click 'View Travel Summary', then 'Print Travel Summary' the following is listed at the very bottom:

Can you just call Princess and request these items if you weren't asked during booking? Hopefully you can see the verification on your Travel Summary and that will put your mind at ease.

It's worth a try! Thanks for the suggestion

I notice that none of these items are available directly from the Princess booking selections. They offer a robe and that's about it. I guess the only way to request them in advance must be to call.

I notice that none of these items are available directly from the Princess booking selections. They offer a robe and that's about it. I guess the only way to request them in advance must be to call.

Well as I mentioned in my original post, we were asked specifically which amenitites we wanted in the room at the time of booking. There were other choices but I only cut and pasted our selections to illustrate how they show up in the Travel Summary.

Well as I mentioned in my original post, we were asked specifically which amenities we wanted in the room at the time of booking. There were other choices but I only cut and pasted our selections to illustrate how they show up in the Travel Summary.

Did you book through a TA or by telephone? I booked direct from the Princess site and none of those options appeared as available when I booked. Not a big deal. I could always phone or fax or simply wait until I'm on the ship and speak with the steward. I use a fairly firm bed at home and don't expect any problems with the bed on the ship. I will likely ask the steward for a top sheet and, after checking the supplied pillows, may end up asking for a feather pillow for my wife as she prefers them. If we get one that's fine. If there are none left we will surely be fine as well.

It's nice that you have these things pre-arranged. Less hassle for you once onboard. After all, it's a vacation and the last thing you need is any sort of extra hassle.

Did you book through a TA or by telephone? I booked direct from the Princess site and none of those options appeared as available when I booked. Not a big deal. I could always phone or fax or simply wait until I'm on the ship and speak with the steward. I use a fairly firm bed at home and don't expect any problems with the bed on the ship. I will likely ask the steward for a top sheet and, after checking the supplied pillows, may end up asking for a feather pillow for my wife as she prefers them. If we get one that's fine. If there are none left we will surely be fine as well.

It's nice that you have these things pre-arranged. Less hassle for you once onboard. After all, it's a vacation and the last thing you need is any sort of extra hassle.

We booked directly thru Princess by phone, then transferred the booking later to a TA.

Did you have a suite. For some reason I thought the feather pillows were only available on Princess in a suite.

My husband often asks for a feather pillow. The steward always says, "we have them in the suites, let me ask if it's OK" He always brings one or two

Your travel agent has access in the Princess travel agent website called Polar to prebook egg crate mattress toppers, foam or feather pillows as well as requesting an extra power bar, and special event door decorations. You will not find most, if any of these, on the regular Princess site.

Is a power bar like a power strip for plugging stuff in? Didn't know you could get that. I'll have to order one for my husband's cpap.

For a minute I couldn't think of anything but the stuff you eat when you need extra energy.

Me too! :)

Your travel agent has access in the Princess travel agent website called Polar to prebook egg crate mattress toppers, foam or feather pillows as well as requesting an extra power bar, and special event door decorations. You will not find most, if any of these, on the regular Princess site.

When I booked with Princess, I asked for most of the above.....no problem at all.

OK, I scanned the pages from Posting 1 to make sure I wasn't repeating, but my item is what I call the "free telegram" from shore side. This is the method for a person on land to send you a message using email. You use: Ships name@Princesscruises.com. In the subject line, enter the addressee and Cabin number.

We've received greetings twice in our years of sailing with Princess. The last time, there was a knock on our door; when I opened it, I was presented an envelope from a Third Officer/Communications. It was a short message from my son telling us "Happy Anniversary" and have a nice cruise. Just a small amenity, but it reminded me of why we love Princess.

OK, I scanned the pages from Posting 1 to make sure I wasn't repeating, but my item is what I call the "free telegram" from shore side. This is the method for a person on land to send you a message using email. You use: Ships name@Princesscruises.com. In the subject line, enter the addressee and Cabin number.

We've received greetings twice in our years of sailing with Princess. The last time, there was a knock on our door; when I opened it, I was presented an envelope from a Third Officer/Communications. It was a short message from my son telling us "Happy Anniversary" and have a nice cruise. Just a small amenity, but it reminded me of why we love Princess.

Cool! For "name" do you put crownprincess or just crown?

Barbara

Archived