Chefs Table

Read "somewhere" on the boards about a Chef's Table dinner on The Oasis, when and where do we make reservations?

To reserve your place at the Chef's Table, call 1-800-398-9819. We went in January and called months in advance. Don't know what the rules are now. It was $75 pp and included wine.

Read "somewhere" on the boards about a Chef's Table dinner on The Oasis, when and where do we make reservations?

I could be wrong, but I think reservations may be limited to those staying in a suite (and their guests.) Maybe if not enough book they open up to others. I'm not sure though, so call and ask.

Ate there on the Oasis inaurgural, but we had friends staying in the Presidential Suite who made the reseration for our group. Very enjoyable experience....complimentary cocktails to start, then multi course dinner with wine pairings. Food was very good, and the chef came out and told us about each course as it was served.

I could be wrong, but I think reservations may be limited to those staying in a suite (and their guests.)

Yes, you are wrong. It is open to all.

Simply email them at SpecialtyDiningReservations@rccl.com with your name, stateroom number, reservation number, contact phone number and desired date and they will email you back, usually in less than 24 hours, that you are all set. You pay on board, not pre-pay.

Here is my review: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=25384149&postcount=58

Reservations made, email confirmation received. The Chefs Table is open to all, you give 3 dates in order of preference, $75.00/person charged to your SeaPass. We did a similar lunch on a previous cruise. The Chef and ship Officers ate with you, rotating tables at each course. It was limited as to number of people. We were asked by our head waiter if we would like to go and so glad we did.

Do any other ships have a Chef's Table?

Thanks for the pics and review. Sounds like a definite plan when we get there. Is this just for Oasis (& I assume Allure) or is this offered on other ships?

I have heard that they were serving the same menu and wines as a special wine tasting dinner at Chops on some ships. Not sure which and when.

I assume Allure will have the same.

I saw somewhere on the boards a great review of the dinner complete with pictures. Unfortunately, I can't remember who did it, just remember he did a day by day review and posted great pics? Call RCCL to make the reservations, I was told it does book up fast and I don't think it is too son for a March cruise IMHO.

I saw somewhere on the boards a great review of the dinner complete with pictures. Unfortunately, I can't remember who did it, just remember he did a day by day review and posted great pics? Call RCCL to make the reservations, I was told it does book up fast and I don't think it is too son for a March cruise IMHO.

It's Brian (BrianAlt). If you do a search, you'll find his thread. The very best IMHO.

[/QUO have heard that they were serving the same menu and wines as a special wine tasting dinner at Chops on some ships. Not sure which and whenTE]

THis is true-the California Wine tasting dinner and wines on Navigator-and there for in my experience on any ship offering that dinner-were exactly the same as the menu posted in BrianAlts review. It was very good. It is offered once per cruise-can be booked on line and there were only about 12 people at the one we went to.

Reservations made, email confirmation received. The Chefs Table is open to all, you give 3 dates in order of preference, $75.00/person charged to your SeaPass. We did a similar lunch on a previous cruise. The Chef and ship Officers ate with you, rotating tables at each course. It was limited as to number of people. We were asked by our head waiter if we would like to go and so glad we did.

I hope your Chef's Table is a wonderful and fantastic experience. We did the Chef's Table on our cruise in July and it was the best experience. If RCI has this available across the board by next August, I will book it for our Alaska cruise.

Thank you. :)

It's this one The Almost Complete Food Lovers Guide to the Oasis of the Seas and it's in my sig too.

First... love the avatar... I moved to Indy in '96

Just started your review... great stuff so far.

You mention hitting restaurants in NYC... have you been to "Dinosaur BBQ" in Harlem? We were in the 'Cuse a couple weeks ago and went to the original Dino, and it was fabulous as always. I was curious how the Harlem one compares.

I am thinking about booking a 5 day on the Navigator in March and wonder if any of you that have experienced the Chef's table at Chops know if it is offered only on the 7 days cruises? Not thrilled with the MDR food but love the specialty restaurants and "event" type dinners.

you should be able to find out if the Calfornia wine pairing dinner (thats what its called-not chefs table-on the non-oasis class ships) is offered on your sailing by going to the food and drink options in your online cruise planner and seeing if you can book it-thats how i found out about it. It was awesome btw. We do wine pairing dinners frequently and thought it was one of the better ones we had attended.

Archived