Questions for RECENT Ruby passangers

SraLiz

Hello All-

We are on the Ruby Oct. 31 sailing to the Eastern Caribbean and I have some questions for recent Ruby passangers.

1. Where do you sign up for the Chefs Table?

2. Do you have copies of the MDR menus?

3. Is there a evening you would skip MDR to hit the Crown Grill?

4. What type of Bourbon is served on the ship? Knob Creek?, Makers Mark?, Bookers?

5. What was your favorite bar? Who serves the best Cosmos and Mojitos?

6. If you have had breakfast in the MDR and ordered eggs bennidict were they overcooked?

Thanks so much for taking time to answer my questions. (especially the bourbon ones, I like to be prepared :)

Liz

Hello All-

We are on the Ruby Oct. 31 sailing to the Eastern Caribbean and I have some questions for recent Ruby passangers.

2. Do you have copies of the MDR menus?

3. Is there a evening you would skip MDR to hit the Crown Grill?

4. What type of Bourbon is served on the ship? Knob Creek?, Makers Mark?, Bookers?

5. What was your favorite bar? Who serves the best Cosmos and Mojitos?

6. If you have had breakfast in the MDR and ordered eggs bennidict were they overcooked?

Thanks so much for taking time to answer my questions. (especially the bourbon ones, I like to be prepared :)

Liz

Crooners and Adagio are excellent bars. :)

DINE telephone line or in person at the dining reservations table set up on the first day of the cruise, make sure to do it as soon as you can once onboard.

sorry, not a bourbon fan here :( so don't know - but have a wonderful cruise, she is a beautiful ship...

Hi Liz,

Cosmos and Mojitos are my favorites too. Looking forward to sharing a drink with you at one of the bars.

Our first formal night should be the first sea day. Not sure if second one will be St Thomas or Grank Turk. The second formal night is when they serve lobster so you might not want to miss that night in the MDR.

Can't wait for our cruise on the Ruby!!

Hello All-

Liz

We talked to the Maitre' d almost immediately after we boarded. It was wonderful.

2. Copies of MDR menus can be found here: http://sailing.smugmug.com/Ruby-Princess-Christmas/MenusFood/10801142_eKtHo#753520409_CivkH

These were for a 10 day Caribbean, so you might not find the same exact menus. (i.e., you'll miss the Christmas dinner menu, but you'll definitely have the Caribbean dinner, Italian dinner, etc.)

3. Everyones' tastes are different. We always skip the same nights in the MDR, but you might enjoy them. When signing up for the specialty restaurants, you can ask to see the MDR menus and find out which night is which and then decide.

6. My daughter ordered Eggs Benedict twice in the MDR and enjoyed it, not overcooked at all. However, it is only available as a special, not daily.

just back off ruby a couple of weeks ago. We loved the Wheelhouse Bar and that was the place we could usually be found - we went to Adegio a few times and everytime you could count the number of people in there on one hand. No atmosphere or anything so we went back to our favourite bar,

The martinis in Crooners are fab and I'm gutted that I didn't get the recipe for one of them - tip - if you have a cocktail you really like get them to write the ingredients and recipe down for you.

eggs bennidict, eggs Beninedict or Eggs Benedict...I haven't been fortunate enough to find any to my liking onboard a Princess cruise. I'm happy others have found them to be good, but I've kinda' given up.

Poached eggs with hard centers and yellow hardened-on goop the kitchen thinks passes for hollandaise sauce is not my idea of Eggs Benedict.

Lew

The eggs benedict are not overcooked, however, order an extra side of hollandaise sauce as they often are somewhat dry.

Better yet, try the eggs florentine, they are much better than the eggs benedict and besides they put muscles on you like Popeyee!!! two poached eggs atop a bed of spinach with a swiss cheese white sauce on top. Order a little bit of ground nutmeg to sprinkle over the top.

Princess has a very poor selection of bourbon. On all the Princess ships I have been on, I have never seen Knob Creek or Makers Mark. I had to settle for Jim Beam (Don't like Jack). Usually have my own supply of Makers with me. I have Knob when we are out and it is available but at home it is Makers. I just can't justify the $27 per bottle difference. Keep thinking the price will drop again now there isn't a shortage anymore.

Now a hint for bourbon drinkers....did you know if you register on both the Knob and Makers sites they send you gifts? We get a Christmas gift from Makers every year. Knob send us shirts etc for being loyal.

Chris

just back off ruby a couple of weeks ago. We loved the Wheelhouse Bar and that was the place we could usually be found - we went to Adegio a few times and everytime you could count the number of people in there on one hand. No atmosphere or anything so we went back to our favourite bar,

The martinis in Crooners are fab and I'm gutted that I didn't get the recipe for one of them - tip - if you have a cocktail you really like get them to write the ingredients and recipe down for you.

Hi there from Sunny London.

We are sailing on the wonderful Ruby Princess, Transatlantic, 8th October from Venice. Can you recall who were the CD and Assistant CD when you were on board recently. Hope you can help.

Lynda & Marty

Hi

The CD was Lisa Ball and ACD was Eric - sorry dont know his last name. Yes, they are still doing the $2.99 drinks, or they were when we disembarked on the 9 August. They are not advertised at all, and if it was not for this board, we would not have know they were available. The servers certainly dont offer them to you when you order after 8.p.m. The only place we found them listed was right on the hard back cover of the bar prices menu in the bars. If we had not turned this over one evening, we would not have known it was there. They are not the premium spirit dinks, but quite honestly, one you use a mixer with them, we could not taste much difference.

Hope this helps

Hi

The CD was Lisa Ball and ACD was Eric - sorry dont know his last name. Yes, they are still doing the $2.99 drinks, or they were when we disembarked on the 9 August. They are not advertised at all, and if it was not for this board, we would not have know they were available. The servers certainly dont offer them to you when you order after 8.p.m. The only place we found them listed was right on the hard back cover of the bar prices menu in the bars. If we had not turned this over one evening, we would not have known it was there. They are not the premium spirit dinks, but quite honestly, one you use a mixer with them, we could not taste much difference.

Hope this helps

Thanks a bunch!! we are not big drinkers or spenders so this would be great if its going on in Nov!

Archived