What month would you travel to Hawaii and what cruiseline?

JaKetravels

Hi, are looking to book a cruise to Hawaii sometime in the next 12 months for our 25th anniversary. We are flexible for when we go and also need advice as to what ship or cruiseline to take. We like medium sized ships and have taken a few Royal Caribbeans but we are open to a new line if you have had a great experience on one other than Royal. Thanks!

I have a dream of sailing to Hawaii from Vancouver on Infinity. It's a large ship, but without a large ship feeling.

If you want to fly and cruise, your choices are narrowed to NCL. Other cruise lines are either round trip or fly one way. We love to go on a 7 day round trip Hawaii cruise, then add a few days post cruise.

Time of the year? Well, just avoid holidays and school vacation times, Hawaii is nice all year round.

We did our Hawaiian cruise last fall in October on the Island Princess and had a very good time. The weather was warm in Hawaii and the trip over was in mainly smooth seas. The Island Princess is a beautiful ship but not so large that you feel overwhelmed by it. We booked very early, at least for us, and by doing so got a really good price on a balcony cabin. We enjoyed the balcony both during the days at sea as well as when we were arriving and leaving from the islands. This was our second Princess cruise and we signed up to do another while on the cruise. All in all I would recommend the Princess cruises to Hawaii especially if you enjoy days at sea (which we do).

Have a great next cruise.

I have booked our last 7 cruises though an internet agency and have been very satisfied with their service and prices. But it is getting harder and harder to get good discounts on popular cruises. The agency I have used is *****. I can't list their URL here but try searching for the above term.

First of all, I don't know why you can't list their url, they often advertise on this homepage. I almost booked with vacations to go as well, and know someone who has used them. Their site also has really good info on all the ships and ports etc. My DH and I are also celebrating 25th this year in June and are going on RC Serenade of the Seas to Hawaii at the end of Sept. When I first was looking at going to Hawaii at the beginning of Dec. Vactogo had it listed at 1459 US(balcony) only slightly more than Carnival's 12 nt. on same route at 1399. Now its 2399 and many sites including RC's show nothing avail. but suites. We went to a local cruise only TA and booked a package with our rtn flt and 3 nts in Honolulu for less than you could book the cruise now. For some reason the Radiance, which I believe is almost identical, is more expensive and is not selling as fast. Our agency was offering both ships cruises or packages for the same price. Still available on their site starting at 1309. 1919 balcony for the Radiance, cruise only, and that's Canadian. (cruise ship centers if you want to check on it .ca not .com)

So, I can't exactly recommend our cruise until I have been, from what I have read on these boards, I'm sure we'll have a wonderful time cruising to and around paradise. Don't want to discourage you from booking online, but check other options as well. Good luck

Here is a link to the Yahoo group web site I set up for our Island Princess cruise last October. There is a links section that has links for each of the islands we visited as well as some photos of our trip. You will have to sign up with Yahoo for a screen name but you do not have to accept one of their free email accounts unless you need one. The links might help you decide which islands you want to visit.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/islandprincess100604/

We cruised from Vancouver on Legend of the Seas in September of 2003 and returned to Ensenada on Radiance of the Seas after spending a week between cruises in Honolulu. It was the very best trip ever - smooth seas, great weather, and the islands not very crowded at that time of year. Hope to do a similar cruise this fall. Enjoy!

If you are going to Hawaii in the winter it does rain more than in the spring and summer. You might want to look at a web site that shows the precipitation and temperatures. Just google or yahoo and ask for weather charts for Hawaii. Also, if you want to whale watch you will need to go in the winter.

I don't know about what cruise line to take. We stayed on the big island for 11 days. I think you should book between December and April. Go when the humpback whales are easiest to see. It is an experience we will never forget. If you get the chance to go on a whale watch, go on Dan McSweeny's. It is simply the best!!!

I just booked the Celebrity Infinity out of San Diego for November. I have been on most lines except luxury. I have been on her before on a Panama Canal cruise and it was superb. I am not sure about the weather in Nov. I think this would be a lovely anniversary cruise. Has anyone else done this one?

Hi again JaKe. Don't know when you were hoping to go to Hawaii, but the last couple of days the Serenade in Sept. has had cabins become available again, both on RCI's website and on *****. They even have balcony cabins again for 1459 US same as they did 3 months ago before I booked. For the last 2 months at least they have been 2399. cheaper cabins also available but we decided to splurge, this being our 25th as well, in June. Check out the reviews, and all the things to do on board. We don't want to get bored on our 5 days at sea, do we? It seems many people here on CC have had a fabulous time on this cruise and are or would like to do it again. good luck with your plans and Happy Anniversary!:)

Please take good care of her. We're booked for the same sailing (actually 3/22) in 2006. Oh my gosh, the wait time! Would love to hear what you think of your trip as this will be our first Princess cruise.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

As far as I know whales are around during wintermonths - December- April/May.

We are booked to go march 2006, looking forward to see Hawaii again.

We will sail Summit- Cewlebrity Lines.

Archived