Introducing Myself!

albertamom

Hi everyone! I am brand new to the idea of cruising, but have spent a couple of weeks lurking around here, and love what I am seeing!

I am already convinced that I will be looking at NCL for our first cruise, so plan to be spending a lot of time around here.

I want to give a special thank you to Host Kat for helping me get my account set up!:)

Hi everyone! I am brand new to the idea of cruising, but have spent a couple of weeks lurking around here, and love what I am seeing!

I am already convinced that I will be looking at NCL for our first cruise, so plan to be spending a lot of time around here.

I want to give a special thank you to Host Kat for helping me get my account set up!:)

Welcome!

There is a wealth of information here on the boards, and you can get lost in a week or two of reading...:D Don't be afraid to ask questions, most of us are here to help others while gaining knowledge ourselves. :)

Margaret

No! No! No!...........don't go on your first cruise!.....look what happened to us after our first cruise less than 5 yrs ago!....we're about to go on our 30th with 2 more booked after that. :o

Thank you all for the super warm welcome. I love your senses of humour.

I'm not sure how much I'll post right off the bat. I may just sit back and continue gaining knowledge by reading. My greatest fear is asking a question that someone thinks is stupid or pointless. :o (I know...I need to get a tougher skin.) Eventually, I think my excitement will get the best of me, and I won't be able to hold myself back!

Welcome aboard! And as most of the others have said, you will be addicted. As you can see by my signature, we are NCL loyalists. And for many reasons, but the major one is: We love Freestyle.

The ships are beautiful, the crew treats us like royalty, the food is good to superb, the itineraries are just about everything you would want, the prices are decent, oh, and did I mention we love Freestyle?:D

Please come back and let us know when you have booked - and continue to read the forums. You'll get answers to questions you didn't even know you had!

And PLEASE don't worry about posting what you feel would be a silly question. There are those who are willing to answer them. And if you should happen to get a cranky reply such as "This question has been asked to death - why don't you use the search feature?" just ignore them! A happier person will come along and answer your question.:p

don't go on a cruise!!!!! I just had my first ever cruise in july on the epic and i've already booked another one for january.

It's the work of the devil!! :d

welcome aboard.

ROFL, welcome aboard. Be forwarned cruising and CC are both addicting.

Welcome aboard! And as most of the others have said, you will be addicted. As you can see by my signature, we are NCL loyalists. And for many reasons, but the major one is: We love Freestyle.

The ships are beautiful, the crew treats us like royalty, the food is good to superb, the itineraries are just about everything you would want, the prices are decent, oh, and did I mention we love Freestyle?:D

Please come back and let us know when you have booked - and continue to read the forums. You'll get answers to questions you didn't even know you had!

And PLEASE don't worry about posting what you feel would be a silly question. There are those who are willing to answer them. And if you should happen to get a cranky reply such as "This question has been asked to death - why don't you use the search feature?" just ignore them! A happier person will come along and answer your question.:p

Exactly. If you need assistance on learning how to smuggle booze aboard or skip out on paying that pesky daily service charge......ask away. :D

LOL Hikini. You took the words right out of my mouth!

Welcome Albertamom. You will find that most of the members are very willing to help you with a question. I hope you find the boards as valuable as I did when I was the newbie. Don't forget to join your Roll Call once you book so you can get to know your fellow passangers.

See you on the boards.:)

I definitely love everything that I read about Freestyle! Thank you for your reassurances. It is that exact comment (about the search feature) that caught me off guard in my reading. I only belong to one other forum (not cruise related), and every question is happily and cheerfully answered. In my mind, that is what a forum is for. I love the friendly chit-chat back and forth, and it is so cool to see all the different backgrounds and perspectives that people bring with them!:)

I can't wait to get to know you all better!:D

Welcome Albertamom!!! We have been cruising for the past 13 yrs. Started out with a co-worker and her husband.......That's all it took! We have been hooked ever since! I am an office mgr for a dental practice, and often tell my patients that I should switch careers and become a cruise consultant!!! When I learn of patients going cruising, whether it will be their first one or another one, I immediately get soooo excited for them and want to tell them so much info and ESPECIALLY about cruisecritic!!! Like others have mentioned...you WILL learn sooo much from the boards. And by the way, NO question is stupid or silly! Come on and ask away honey and we will help you out!

Enjoy! and HAPPY SAILING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! : O ) kIM From South Carolina

Welcome

I think you'll find a lot of great info here, and once you cruise, you may well find yourself addicted like many of us.

Glad you found cruising, Cruise Critic and NCL, which is perfect for you:

New

Cruise

Lover

So nice to make your acquaintance. We were all newbies once, although there are some on here that can barely remember when that was true. What's wonderful about this board is the diversity. We have all kinds. Cheerleaders & Bashers, Old and Young, Humorists and Serious folks, Suite People to Insiders, etc. I see it as wonderful to see all kinds of situations and read all kinds of stories.

Happy Cruising!

Hi and welcome! I'm still pretty new to cruising myself and in march will be my first with NCL ... so we're both in the same ship! ^_^

CC is extremely addicting, but you find answers to questions you never even knew you needed to know!

You'll have a blast here and cruising :D

Don't go on a cruise!!!!! I just had my first ever cruise in July on the Epic and I've already booked another one for January.

IT'S THE WORK OF THE DEVIL!! :D

Welcome aboard.

You sound just like me!!! I only just sailed the beginning of this month and I am firmly addicted!! I have already booked for a year from November,this time with my sister, who will also become firmly addicted! What a wonderful disease!

I have been using Cruise Critic for some number of years now... always a great way to get first hand knowledge of just about anything... (most will tell you that you have to have a roll of duct tape with you on any cruise:D)

We have been on 17 cruises now and have number 18 and 19 booked already... spending our kids inheritance one cruise at a time! and loving every minute of it..

when we started cruising about 14 years ago we spoke to many a seasoned couple that had more than 20 plus cruises under their belts.. never did we think we would soon be one of those seasoned couples. But we find that cruising gives you the opportunity to be in many different areas in a short 7 to 10 days... (havent done a 14 day yet but thinking about it!) without having to worry about a new hotel each night...or packing and unpacking...

life is sooooooooooooooooooooooo relaxing on a cruise... did I mention that life is sssssssoooooooooooooooooo relaxing?

If you have any questions please feel free to let any of us know... remember that just like in the real world there are some people that cant be pleased no matter what you do for them... you may come across some of those people on the boards as well... but also remember they are the ones that go back to work after a week of vacation and complain about work as well...

welcome again...sorry so long....:o

Hi there, albertamom! Welcome :D DH and I took our first cruise last year and were hooked the second we stepped onboard! We love Freestyle and are looking forward to our second cruise on the Sky next March.

There is lots to learn on Cruise Critic, you're definitely in the right place if you're interested in cruising. Be sure to let us know what you decide on and how it turns out :)

Hi everyone! You'll definitely know what my plans are. We already have a vacation booked for February. We are farmers, so I always love to squeeze in a holiday to decompress after harvest, but of course we never know exactly when that is going to be, so it sometimes has to be last-minute. Whether that will end up being a cruise or not, is still up in the air.

It is so great to meet so many of you already! It is especially nice to meet a few Canadians (sometimes there are certain things that only a fellow Canuck can understand - like the whole "iced-tea" issue:)).

Archived