When is Cruise Connections Party on Summit S. Carib.

librarylady19

I just received a confirmation from Celebrity that our sailing on 12/11 has reached the magic number for the connections party. Now I'm wondering when exactly the party will be held.

I've booked tours for every port day usually starting right after we arrive in port so I hope there's not a conflict. I am looking forward to meeting fellow CC'ers and the chance to chat with Celebrity staff and officers.

There is only one sea day on this itinerary (the last day).

I've been wondering this myself, since we have the same itinerary, but in February. My understanding is that they attempt to schedule the Connections party to allow maximum attendance, but will likely schedule it earlier in the cruise than later. Based on that, I would assume it would be the first morning, during the first stop at St. Croix. I'm hoping they would have it as early as possible to allow the most time left available for shore excursions. We're planning to go off on our own in the afternoon for some snorkeling, but who knows? If you have a choice, I'd stay with an afternoon shorex the first day.

I vaguely remember (it's too early) someone mentioning how their roll call got in touch with the CD about a week before the cruise to plan things out a bit. I'm not sure how they did that, probably email, but maybe someone else can offer ideas. If everyone on your roll call is agreeable, you could possibly request an early party-- maybe turn it into a breakfast party, with attendees bringing along a plate of food from the buffet. The final decision is up to the staff, of course, but they can't accommodate special requests if they don't know about them.

If we don't get an answer back on this thread from someone who has already done this itinerary in the past (USVI, St. Kitts, Dominica, Grenada, Tobago, sea day), would you please post when you get back and let me know?

Hi Sandi,:) they probably will not wait till the end of the cruise (but

you never know)....being it is such a port intensive cruise they

may have it earlier in the week..(may).....hard to predict really.

If you are gone from early to late every day? There is a chance you

might miss it.

When you get to the suite:D see if your invitation is there. If so, you

will know when its being held right away. If not, you could go to

Guest Relations or (ask your Butler to help out;)).

Thanks for the advice. I had suspected it would be on the 2nd day, based on what I've read on CC. We had booked the Gecko ATV tour in St. Croix for 10:00 a.m. so I think I'll push it back to noon to be on the safe side.

Will report back "Party" and let you know what happens.

The get togethers have almost always been on a sea day...not sure what they do in other cases???

I noticed on CC that the Connection's parties are now called meet & Mingle as they are called on Royal-- Is that recent?

also do they post when the parties are being held in advance..used to be able to get that info.. we cruise next Sunday (hopefully to Bermuda--weather permitting!)

Archived