On Dream....changes

beachbum6264

We took one of our first ship tours in roatan as we wanted to go to Gumbalina park and when my daughter went a couple of months before us, she found out you couldn't go except thru the ship. We did the snorkel, clear water kayak (too cool) and gumbalina park tour. They let you stay longer than published hours if you would like and then still provide transportation back to the ship.

Hmm... should be a no-brainer.... let's see... Go Eastern, go head long into a hurricane and have rain/high waves/storms/seasickness and put everyone at danger all week OR go Western and have sun, smoother sailing and nice beaches....

If people get mad, guess they'll have to be mad. I'd much rather be safe. They probably wouldn't see the ports anyway if they're in a hurricane.

I completely agree with you. Don't book during hurricane season if you don't want a big chance of an itinerary change.

There was someone on the roll call who was supposed to get married in St Thomas. How very sad for her and her family. Such a risky plan during hurricane season. I sure hope she still has a nice cruise. I'd probably be crying all week if that happened to me.

We were on the Ecstasy on 7/4 weekend because of Hurricane Alex. We didn't leave til Friday, so we did not go to Cozumel. There was a couple on board that was supposed to get married there. Carnival married them on the ship in Galveston for free. I was shocked! Of course, I don't know any details, like if photography, cake, all that was free, but even their most basic package isn't cheap!

take a Cab into town in Cosat Maya.....shopping on one side of road and Beautiful Beach on other side..........They have 1 hr Massages right on the beach for $20 (negotiated) an hour. My wife and My favorite port! At least so far.....cab should be around $5 roundtrip/person........at least it was in Nov last year.

We are also on the Dream right now. We like to do our own things in ports and had already planned our days. I did not research western stuff! We have been to Cozumel several times and we have that covered, but what should we do in the other ports? Is Isla Roatan a private island? What do people do in Costa Maya and Belize? We like beaches and snorkeling and parasailing and stuff like that. Please give advice! Thanks.

In Roatan, take a taxi to the Iguana farm, it is cool, cheap, and you will remember it for ever, (no they do not cook them there) it is a iguana refuge.

Then take a tour of the Island, and end up shopping by the ship.

We are also on the Dream right now. We like to do our own things in ports and had already planned our days. I did not research western stuff! We have been to Cozumel several times and we have that covered, but what should we do in the other ports? Is Isla Roatan a private island? What do people do in Costa Maya and Belize? We like beaches and snorkeling and parasailing and stuff like that. Please give advice! Thanks.

Roatan - the MUST see is Tabayana Beach. Tabayana has the best snorkeling in the western Caribbean. The rest of the island is very nice. Good zip lining. Contact Victor Boden if you want a privet tour. Forget Mahogany Bay it is a Carnival enclave and on the wrong side of the island.

Belize - do a ships tour either to an out island for snorkeling or to see ruins.

You know Coz, and I can't help with Costa Maya.

On board the Dream now... eastern now changed to Western.... Who cares.... Pour me a Margarita! Here's to smooth sailing.....

I often wonder why people get upset about itinerary changes during hurricane season.

The very low fares are very nice and personally we have always taken advantage of them on our cruises. We do it with the knowledge that we could possibility be on a 7 day cruise to nowhere. It is part of getting the low price that there is a good chance you will miss a port. If you want statistics that are more in your favor, pay the higher price and book outside of the hurricane season (although this is not a sure thing, weather can happen any time of the year but at least the odds are more in your favor)

anyone know what order they're doing the ports? a friends' parents are onboard and we're scrambling to find things for them to do in each of the new ports, LOL.

Last week it was Cozumel, Costa Maya, Belize, Roantan

Archived