Pan Pacific $180/night, best deal?

Sailkeywest

My question is, think this will be the best deal that I can find? I am travelling late May of 2011.

Thank you in advance for any insight. :)

Poo, I had another window open for the Canada section and thought I was posting there! Sorry, but feel free to post :)

I had heard something once about someone getting a free night at the PP, but when I called HAL they were not currently offering this promotion. Maybe I should stay on top of that one! GREAT tip, thanks for posting it :)

P.S. Any idea what time of year they came out with the offer? Maybe I will just call everyday ;)

My question is, think this will be the best deal that I can find? I am travelling late May of 2011.

Poo, I had another window open for the Canada section and thought I was posting there! Sorry, but feel free to post :)

Will it be nonrefundable? if no you could always book it & check later with other places if you desire

seems like a decent deal this far out. We got PanPacific via Hotwire for $139/n about 2 months in advance-- I know that it sometimes goes to low 100's and seems rarely to go under on Hotwire. Also had offers directly on PP website for $249 for hotel & breakfast for 2 which I think the Breakfast price is ~$30-40 per person

I had heard something once about someone getting a free night at the PP, but when I called HAL they were not currently offering this promotion. Maybe I should stay on top of that one! GREAT tip, thanks for posting it :)

P.S. Any idea what time of year they came out with the offer? Maybe I will just call everyday ;)

I had read about the free night too-- for my sailing it was never offered this year

Tamsocal: It's nonrefundable, unfortuntely. Glad that I saw that part before booking! Also, do you remember the description that Hotwire used for the hotel, or were there any distinguishing things that you remember from the description that might have told you that it was the PP that they were advertising?

Tamsocal: It's nonrefundable, unfortuntely. Glad that I saw that part before booking! Also, do you remember the description that Hotwire used for the hotel, or were there any distinguishing things that you remember from the description that might have told you that it was the PP that they were advertising?

HotWire 5* PanPacific Hotel Vancouver 9/26-9/27 $139/night 1 night. 2 rooms.

Amenities: Fitness Center, Pool, Restaurant, Business Center, High Speed Internet, Spa Services

Recommended in 95% of customer reviews 4.5 Trip Advisor

I ended up having to purchase it thru another link due to a certificate/coupon I had but will book next time thru the betterbidding link

Initally my search turned up w/ likely the Sutton-- with 85% customer satisfaction reviews, but once I added a kid to the reservation turned over to the Pan Pacific w/ 95%. YIPPEE! was hoping it wasn't going to be LaGrande Residence (since they last I saw had the same % customer review as the Pan Pacific-- although once the ratings went from 80% for the Sutton to 85 % last month & the Pan Pacific went from 85% to 95%, I havent seen La Grande Residence come up w/ the suite icons & no one has posted a win that I can recall recently.

I cut & pasted above from betterbidding.com. WIth Hotwire the hotels can constantly change but from April to current this year the only wins I have seen on 5* Vancouver Downtown West are the PanPacific, Sutton, & La Grande Residence (at the Sutton). La Grande Residence has been easily distinguishable since it has the suite icon/amenity. The Sutton & PP have had the same 6 amenities pretty consistently-- the Sutton used to have golf nearby as an amenity-- but they wouldn't always post it so some people would think they were getting the PP but end up getting the Sutton. I havent seen the golf nearby in the past few months (I have booked my reservations & then a friend asked me to make her travel reservations too ;).

So for awhile could not distinguish between the 2 with no golf but the customer review % has been consistent over the past few months they were 80% for the Sutton & 85% for LGrande & PP. Then in July changed to 90% Sutton and 95% for PP/LaGrande. I almost booked when the ratings changed-- thinking I had lucked out to get PP at $109 since the reviews were 85% for my quote-- but I checked a few other dates & saw that they now had some 95% so figured the overall #'s changed....

Sorry for the long post-- I like Hotwire :). Many of my friends ask me to book their hotels for them when using Hotwire-- It's a fun game for me to sort out which hotel they are likely going to get

$189 is still a pretty good deal though-- Hotwire & the PP has been variable-- couldn't get it for one friend <200 her dates the prices ranged from $219-$379- still cheaper than the PP directly for her dates but didn't get to the low #'s

We purchased our post cruise hotel through Hotwire. $139.00 the hotel turned out to be the Sutton Place (hotel) After researching the facility.and its proximity to the cruise terminal ,we decided to take a cruise package offered by the hotel for our two day pre cruise stay

The Le Grande Residences ( condo type suites part of Sutton Hotel ) with stainless steel kitchen,separate bedroom,balcony (700sq feet) ..hopefully we'll be very comfortable(anyone stayed there?)

The package includes our taxi from the airport (present receipt on check in up to$ 35.00) $50.00 voucher for the hotel's restaurants for each night stay( also can be used for room service.)

We booked several months ago ..if I recall correctly it was $239.00 per night. When I did the math it seemed like a good deal at the time considering the space :)

What I liked about the Pan Pacific is that it is right there, and you get to look at your ship from the downstairs cafe with the two story glass windows and dining patio.

Great light on the ship at breakfast and you are eyeball to eyeball with her from that level. Makes for great photos. Should that room price give you a harbor view of the side the ship comes in, you are doubly blessed. If not, be sure to have breakfast there or at least go out on the terrace and greet your new home.

Plus, with a little walking if you can manage your suitcases by rolling them on the sidewalks, you can take the Canada Line metro from the airport down to close by the hotel and cruise terminal.

And if you have time, we highly recommend dinner at Boneta in Gastown, also a short walk away.

Tamsocal, thank you so much for taking the time to explain all of that! Very valuable info to have. I am trying my best to get us into the PP at a reasonable price, hubby has fallen in <3 with that hotel.

It would be nice to get a package that includes transfer from the airport to the hotel, that is one part of the trip that I haven't tackled yet.

Loved your review, Swiss! Boneta in Gastown, I will check it out. I am having fun playing with my Yahoo trip planner :O)

I had heard something once about someone getting a free night at the PP,

I booked our June cruise on February 28 (coincidence) and was told that we would get a free Pan Pacific night because we booked on the last day of the promo. We booked a suite and also had HAL air. Don't know if that had anything to do with the free room.

We ended up with a harbor view and, in the morning, watched Zuiderdam cruise across the harbor and park right under our window. It was awesome.

Sailkeywest,

Back in May this year, someone on this board posted that HAL were giving them a pre-cruise night at a hotel in Vancouver. I contacted our Travel agent to ask HAL if we would qualify prior to our cruise next month. To our surprise, we are to receive a hotel night, and we pay the taxes. Apparently the HAL offer was for balcony cabin bookings and above.

AZNative and Erewhon, I think that I remember you posting something like that once before in another thread that I made on this subject? (I am obsessed with it :P) Thank you for reminding me, I think that I may bug HAL a bit more :P

AZNative and Erewhon, I think that I remember you posting something like that once before in another thread that I made on this subject? (I am obsessed with it :P) Thank you for reminding me, I think that I may bug HAL a bit more :P

Sail, JMHO but if we ever sail from Vancouver again, I WILL find a way to be at the PP for our pre-night.

The whole experience from the airport/hotel transfer to the view of the ship's arrival to the transfer/city tour/to the ship was very well orchestrated. Our checked bags were taken from our hotel room to our ship stateroom as part of the experience.

Like you, however, I will also search for a better rate than the "rack" price of $395.00!!:eek:

The "stay and cruise" package at the Pan Pacific is a treat and a true indulgence. We did this back in 07 and the package still includes (I believe): Free car parking for the duration of the cruise (we drove that trip and didn't fly), breakfast for 2, harbor view room and the hotel got our luggage day of the cruise and delivered it directly to our ship so we did not have to lug our luggage down to the porters. We just checked in and went on board. Hassle free experience.

I'd do that again in a heartbeat, as long as the price were reasonable when compared to others. You just cannot beat the convenience of being at the PP :)

That's a great price for the Pan Pacific, but having stayed there AND Coast Coal Harbour just a couple blocks away, I would vote for Coast Coal Harbour every time. The rooms are gorgeous, the hotel has an incredible environmental policy (I BELIEVE I saw correctly and they are LEEDs certified) and the corner rooms on the 5th floor with the balcony outside the room is the land equivalent to an SC on a Vista Class :)

Thanks for the tipseveryone! Kayzmarie, I am so jealous of your AARP! Erewhon, I am getting ready to transfer my booking to a TA, I will definitely ask them about it.

AZ and Pirate, Hubby and I still have our heart set on the PP, *sigh*, if it's meant to be, it will happen!

Thanks for taking the time to reply to my thread, Dutch, I saw the Coast Coal Harbor online before too and was looking hard at that one for awhile. The main reason that we want the PP is because they transfer our luggage directly to the ship and because of the proximity to the ship. We would like to spend that last morning in Vancouver still doing a bit of sightseeing, so that would help us by giving us some more valuable time. I think that I will give the Coast Coal another look (because I reserve the right to change my mind on a weekly basis :P), thanks for the recommendation!

Archived