Simple Husbands Guide to Complex Women's Bathroom Junk

Not sure this is considered a "bathroom item" but whenever I travel, I always have carried some small scissors in my cosmetics bag. I understand that scissors are not allowed anymore.

I thought we could bring small scissors, the blade just has to be tiny, like manicure scissors?

Too funny,all! I'll just say that on one cruise, I forgot my facial soap. I thought, no problem, it's Clinique, I should be able to find it anywhere. Let me tell you, I spent hours in some port looking for it and paid way too much for it. If you're particular about your bathroom stuff, bring your own. Who wants to spend precious vacation time looking for the things that they have to have on a daily basis? I would much rather be shopping for a bigger ticket item or sitting by the water (pool or ocean) drinking a froo froo drink! ;)

I grew up in house with a mother and three sisters , I have been married twice. I now share a house with DW and an 18 yr old DD.

I have no idea what all that stuff is for in the bathroom, I don't want to know what all that stuff is in the bathrom, and I am a happier person for it..I believe *LOL*

Scissors are allowed if the blade is less than 4".

I am pretty "low maintenance" but still have a lot of "stuff." Rather than keep everything in a cosmetic bag during the cruise requiring me to root for what I need when putting on my face, I take all the small things like pencils, brushes, etc. and put them in a water glass in the medicine cabinet so I just pull that out and get what I need. I have travel size containers for my lotions which fit in the cabinet. I get two shelves, husband gets one. Isn't that how it should be?

Tucker in Texas

Since you said you were driving to port, she will not have any restrictions on the size of liquid beauty products. Therefore, she can take whatever she wants in her carryon, except for a clothes iron. When we fly, I end up going to a CVS or Rite Aid after we have arrived to buy shampoo, hairspray, toothpaste, listerine, sunblock and any other personal care item that I think will weigh too much in my suitcase. Just makes for easier travel in my opinion.

Most women I know do not use "A COMB" as one suggested to bring.

I was teasing at the time about being not fussy, since the mood is "funny and cute". However, as it so happens, I am a woman and I only use a comb. (Not "A COMB".) I don't see why you felt the need to pick on someone over this ........ :confused:

The Solution: Ladies, what can/can't you take on a cruise that you use in the bathroom, or any other random things a woman might take on vacation that aren't allowed on the ships? I know no irons. But what else? Ok, I know what most of what she has in the bathroom is, but I have no idea what she's actually going to want to take.

Thanks for ya'll's help.

daze

I don't think an iron is a bathroom item, LOL. But your wife can bring pretty much any beauty supply product she uses, including tweezers and a small pair of scissors. I'm not a fan of the onboard toiletries (which in anything other than a suite consists of a wall dispenser of sudsy stuff in the shower and a bar of soap on the sink, but I don't like the suite/Diamond Plus stuff much, either) so I bring small quantities of my own.

I keep a travel toiletries bag packed at all times for trips where we're driving. I have to fill a 3-1-1 bag when we fly.

I dont know about the ship you will be cruising on, but I was shocked and amazed at the storage space in our cabin. Regardless of what all she takes, she will have a place to put it. In fact, it wasnt until the last day that I discoved yet another set of cabinets to stash stuff into. They seem to make great use of small spaces. :)

That's true on most ships, but not Oasis (and probably not Allure). The storage in the cabins there (in balcony and lower categories) is terrible.

Too funny,all! I'll just say that on one cruise, I forgot my facial soap. I thought, no problem, it's Clinique, I should be able to find it anywhere. Let me tell you, I spent hours in some port looking for it and paid way too much for it. If you're particular about your bathroom stuff, bring your own. Who wants to spend precious vacation time looking for the things that they have to have on a daily basis? I would much rather be shopping for a bigger ticket item or sitting by the water (pool or ocean) drinking a froo froo drink! ;)

They sell Clinique in the shops onboard on RCI, and I know I've seen the soap there. And at decent prices, too, especially when you consider that there's no sales tax.:)

Hey OP -

Just how much longer were you planning on staying married anyway?

Because son you are flying straight into some high voltage wires!

This is like questioning a woman on how many shoes she is taking.

"Just what I need" interpretation lots.

Of course I doubt she packing any cigars like you might do for yourself.

Good luck and good sailing!

...I have no idea what she has in the bathroom (she's overseas so I can't ask very easily) and I have no idea what she'll be allowed to take on board...

daze

She's "overseas" now. Doesn't she have her bathroom stuff with her already?:confused:

Be sure to take a power strip. My wife needs several plugs while getting ready for dinner. Hair dryer in one, curling iron in another, sometimes two curling irons. One big roll and one small roll. I don't ask, just power them up.

Since you said you were driving to port, she will not have any restrictions on the size of liquid beauty products. Therefore, she can take whatever she wants in her carryon, except for a clothes iron. When we fly, I end up going to a CVS or Rite Aid after we have arrived to buy shampoo, hairspray, toothpaste, listerine, sunblock and any other personal care item that I think will weigh too much in my suitcase. Just makes for easier travel in my opinion.

Ditto. I recently traveled with my wife and 2 teen daughters. No way that we would have made it under the checked luggage weight limit without waiting to buy almost all of the necessary (and heavy) liquid items at a local CVS. As long as she can get her "stuff" at CVS or Walgreen's, buy it once you get to the port city, buy enough to last the length of your cruise, and leave any leftover on the ship. Of course, it's kind of a moot point if you're driving. :)

Be sure to take a power strip. My wife needs several plugs while getting ready for dinner. Hair dryer in one, curling iron in another, sometimes two curling irons. One big roll and one small roll. I don't ask, just power them up.

I heard one line is taking up power strips now. Can't remember which one since don't ever take any so I didn't "file it away." It would be either RCI, NCL, or Celebrity since those are the only forums I follow.

Tucker in Texas

No I'm not packing for her. She just wouldn't think to ask. I wouldn't have except I was drying my daughter's hair and I realized with irons not being allowed there might be other stuff to. Just wanted to make sure we weren't going to have any problems.

The problem is I'm simple. very very simple.

I swear this wasn't a dig on women's bathroom habits or anything. I know a few guys that are worse about their hair than any woman i know. My wife isn't really very fussy, usually, but she does like to get all purtyfied now and again.

I of course think she's always beautiful.:cool:

daze

I think it is very sweet for you to ask on her behalf.

do be aware of carry-on rules for flying, but only a few things are prohibited by cruise lines.

I hope you have a great time with no trips to the naughty room!

A "puff" is a guy that uses tons of bathroom products...... ;)

Ahem.....as a guy who grew up with horrendous case of acne, i am one that uses alot of face products to avoid the problem currently and in the future, however, i can tell you that my face does not look like an alligator and often am I confused for someone 20 years younger, and I'm man enough to bench press twice my body weight, so be careful how you stereotype......

I heard one line is taking up power strips now. Can't remember which one since don't ever take any so I didn't "file it away." It would be either RCI, NCL, or Celebrity since those are the only forums I follow.

Tucker in Texas

It was Carnival and they have since removed power strips from their forbidden list.

###

A "puff" is a guy that uses tons of bathroom products...... ;)

First, what the heck is a puff?:confused:

Ahem.....as a guy who grew up with horrendous case of acne, i am one that uses alot of face products to avoid the problem currently and in the future, however, i can tell you that my face does not look like an alligator and often am I confused for someone 20 years younger, and I'm man enough to bench press twice my body weight, so be careful how you stereotype......

Did you not see the little winkie guy??? A JOKE!

Archived