Interior Room

rbabiak

We just cruised the Dream and had a balcony room but for the next cruise (Pride out of Baltimore, MD) thought about an interior room since it is a decent price different.

People who have stayed in an interior and balcony what are your opinions?

I've stayed in all cabin types and the only thing that I miss in an OV or BL or Suite is the couch......but then again I don't spend much more than sleeping time in my cabin.

For the value I sail IS Gty every time and have never gotten a bad cabin or been disappointed in any way.

We've done both, and while we like having a balcony, it all comes down to price. I don't think the interior rooms are all that bad - we don't spend a lot of time in there anyway. For our next cruise we're going to book an interior because of the price. If the upgrade fairy calls and offers us a good deal, we might take it, but if that doesn't happen I'll be perfectly happy in the interior room.

I have stayed in both interior and balcony, never oceanview. I love balcony cabins, but my last cruise onboard NCL "Sky" we decided because of the cheap pricing to go with an inside cabin and we didn't mind it at all. Granted it was only for 4 days/3 nights. The only con was that we would sleep more. Also, the NCL inside cabins are a lot smaller. I am booked on the Carnival Freedom in an inside cabin on the Empress deck. The room size is the same in a balcony room as the inside cabin.

I wish you luck on what you decide.

I have stayed in each type and they are have pro and cons. If I can afford it I would always choose a balcony, however, that is not the case. We are doing a b2b on the Freedom in Feb and we are doing OV for one leg and interior for another. We do interior to keep the cost down. You sleep later in interior as there is no light so you have no idea what time it is - I find it quieter (haven't figured this out yet). An for another unknown reason, I find that it seems to look messier even though we are the same way in all cabins.

I have done balcony and inside cabin...I would almost prefer the inside cabin....the exception for me is when doing something such as an Alaska cruise where there are actual sights to see while on the water...it was quite nice going through glacier bay while being on the balcony and also nice to be able to look out and whale watch as the sun set. Generally when I have had a balcony I have stayed in my room more than I would like....and therefore felt like I missed some of the fun things to do on the ship....but if you like the relaxation and alone time that a balcony allows you to enjoy then it may be worth the extra money....like others have mentioned I'd prefer to save the money by staying in an inside cabin and in return have the financial ability to cruise more often.

I've had both and was surprised that I didn't spend that much time on the balcony. I am a "get up and let's go see" kind of person. Don't eat breakfast in the room or on the balcony like some do. For the price, I can cruise more and to farther destinations with an inside.

Great for sleeping, too, as I am light sleeper and the darkness helps.

Now that's the idea. If only they would put one comfortable chair in the PT rooms!:rolleyes:

On the Elation 15 day Panama Canal cruise we had a pt cabin. My dh asked at the curtomer relation desk if they could bring in a nice chair since we had so much room and they did. We couldn't thank them enough.

Lynda

We just cruised the Dream and had a balcony room but for the next cruise (Pride out of Baltimore, MD) thought about an interior room since it is a decent price different.

On my first cruise this year (the first in six and a half years) I took an ocean view. I paid a lot for it and was solo. I found that I spent little time in my cabin, probably less than two hours, other than sleeping, in seven days. I decided then, that I would consider interiors in the future. My last cruise in August, I had a friend who had never cruised and we purchased the ocean view. I think that you should have at least one ocean view if you cruise. I enjoyed both of my first two. At this point it’s like, cruise more or look out of the window. I would rather cruise more. By the way, that April cruise was on the Dream. :cool:

WE cruise to cruise and have had inside, ov and balconies.

Balconies are very nice but would rather spend less, and go on three cruises per year, than more and go on one or two.

I was just about to post this idea. IMO a balcony is nice, but we like to cruise for more then just the room and receive very similar experiences regardless of the room. Hope your time on the Pride is good.

Love the balconies!

Have done interior, ocean view, and balcony.

The best things about the interior - darkness and lots of extra $$$$$$ to spend on the cruise (cause the cabin was so inexpensive!!!)

Best thing about the balcony - a private retreat with a front row seat looking at the ocean...

We generally cruise in inside cabins to save money and allow more cruises. We have had balconies a couple of times when they were a good price, but the interior cabins are fine. And, as others have said, book early and try to get a porthole cabin .

I have had Ocean view, and interiors, but mostly interiors, especially when I cruise solo. Honestly I have not been bothered by being in interior rooms since I am highly motivated by price. I must say however that I do enjoy the times I have enjoyed an OV room. I would not hesitate to take an inside room when I sail solo, but when I have a cruise buddy, I will always take the opportunity for OV or hopefully someday a balcony room.:)

We stayed in an inside cabin for our first cruise, in 1976 back in the dark ages, after that cruise we stuck with having Balcony, our last cruise in july on the Dream we had a spa Cabin balcony..Our son got married on the beach while on that cruise, they were in the Grand Suite, for what it cost they could have gone on a lot of cruises by using inside cabin, so for our next cruise in dec and in may we are going to do inside cabin, we just arent in the cabin all that much!

We prefer interior. It seems that when we try a balcony, we always end up with smokers and/or noisy neighbors next to us. We can always find a quiet, smoke free place on deck for no extra charge....can't say that about the balcony.

If you are in an inside room, take an alarm clock. You will not know what time it is. Trust me, we slept until 11:00 AM the first day on our first cruise.

Also leave the bathroom light on and just close the door. There is enough light that leaks around the bathroom door to see where your going at night.

I keep being tempted by the inside cabin price, but so far have always talked myself into booking at least an ocean view. However having said that if I were to give in to my cheap side, I would pick one of the interior cabins on the upper decks with access easy access to open deck space, preferably one of the areas that open onto the front of the ship or pool area. That way if I want some fresh air or just see what the weather looks like its just around the corner.

Archived