Verizon Cell Phone while in a US port, but on the ship

CMM

I called Verizon to see the charges for our cell phones. It is $2.49 a minute while on the cruise ship.

When we are in ports that are in the US like Boston, Bar Harbor, and Portland and use our cell phones from the ship (on an open deck or lobby) will we be charged our usual rate?

While we can check in when touring the ports, it would be better to check in with work related things from a quieter area with paper etc. On another cruiseline we did this is the US ports without addtional charges and wonder if anyone can comment on how this might be on the Explorer Canada/New England itinerary.

When you're using the ship's cell service, your phone will display 'Cellular at Sea' instead of Verizon.

I called Verizon to see the charges for our cell phones. It is $2.49 a minute while on the cruise ship.

When we are in ports that are in the US like Boston, Bar Harbor, and Portland and use our cell phones from the ship (on an open deck or lobby) will we be charged our usual rate?

While we can check in when touring the ports, it would be better to check in with work related things from a quieter area with paper etc. On another cruiseline we did this is the US ports without addtional charges and wonder if anyone can comment on how this might be on the Explorer Canada/New England itinerary.

We have Verizon and text while on the ship or in Caribbean ports: 10 cents per outgoing and 5 cents per incoming on our phone bill (checked bill last week).

When I called them for our upcoming cruise they said onboard, 5 cents incoming text, 50 cents, outgoing. I didnt even think to ask about the ports. Which ports did you visit? :)

"Can I use my Verizon Wireless phone to make and receive calls on board cruise ships?

You can use your Verizon Wireless CDMA handset to make and receive calls while traveling on select cruise lines. For service availability and rate information, visit International Roaming Rates and Coverage and scroll down to Cruise Ship Coverage. "

see http://b2b.vzw.com/international/Roaming/rates_coverage.html

Or go to the verizon website and search for "cruise ship".

According to Verizon on our Canada/New England Cruise for texting it is $.50 to send a text and only $.05 per text to recieve while on the ship.

In the Canadian ports of Saint John and Halifax Verizon said there is no additional charges for texting on our plan.

We used ours in Cabo, Mazatlan and Pv......and had $120 in charges......Normally I wouldn't have used our phones however we had to have them on waiting for important text's or voice mails.....These charges would have been on a smart phone.......que sera sera!!

Archived