? about the "new" constellation

adbnva

we sailing on her dec 4. we have been on the solstice and understand it has been upgraded like solstice. does it have shampoo, conditioner, soap, & lotion, or does it have the all in one? do they have the brunch at sea? did they have strawberries w/chocolate & shrimp?

when you send your laundry out are slacks & shirts smooth enough to wear? is underwear treated delicately enough?

any other in would be appreciated.

thanks.

adbnva,

Hi let me introduce myself, I'm Kitcito and from your post you will be on our cruise this Dec. so It will be nice to get to know you. Have you signed up for the "Cruise Critic Connection Party"? Join us in our "Roll Call" you will get to know everyone and can maybe join in the "Cabin Crawl". Below are the links.

https://secure.celebritycruises.com/cruisecritic/getParty.do;jsessionid=0000Rs91iqYtKeeMWShDWoO1GzR:12hdbcveb

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1081959&page=11

Talk to you later,

Kitcito:D

Hi,

We were on the Constellation in June. There are separate shampoo and conditioner and body lotion in the bathroom. Don't think that they have brunch at sea but the buffet is open quite late. I don't know what you mean about the strawberries and shrimp.

Slacks and shirts are folded and smoothed out. I wore them. They are not ironed unless you ask for them to be.

The Constellation remains my favorite ship.

Hi Everyone !

I'm not sure if this answers the OP's question, but Celebrity offered the brunch on Constellation in November 2009. I didnt see chocolate strawberries, but I've seen them on other sailings. It probably could be done at some point on your Cruise. Just ask your waiter or cabin attendant. On Constellation, Nice sized, and excellent Shrimp were available all over the ship, and at the Brunch - what a display they had ! They also offered the brunch on Solstice in July.

I hope this helps. Enjoy your Cruise !

We're new to Celebrity too, and will be sailing Connie in April...can you tell us if they have the casual dining option? I've read conflicting reports about whether it's available or not...(I mean where they set up part of the buffet area in the evenings and have waiters-in-training serve you for $2 pp...) That sounds like a nice change from the MDR or the specialty restaurants - hope it's available for us!

Thanks,

Lynn

We sail on the X Constellation Nov 6 2010 for a 14 day trans this is the last of the the 4 Celebrity millennium class ships for us to sail. I am sure it will have casual dinning as you mention the other 3 did.

Constellation was the top ship of the 4 in it's class before the remake so it should be stunning. It was Conde Naste reader's choice for the best ship in Celebrity's fleet in 2009.

This is CCritic's in depth review on the ship remake and it's features, read and relax you should have a fine time.

http://www.cruisecritic.com/reviews/review_page2.cfm?ShipID=272

We sail on the X Constellation Nov 6 2010 for a 14 day trans this is the last of the the 4 Celebrity millennium class ships for us to sail. I am sure it will have casual dinning as you mention the other 3 did.

Constellation was the top ship of the 4 in it's class before the remake so it should be stunning. It was Conde Naste reader's choice for the best ship in Celebrity's fleet in 2009.

This is CCritic's in depth review on the ship remake and it's features, read and relax you should have a fine time.

Still trying to find out the answer to the question about Casual dining since it had its S class makeover. The S class ships do not have that option and wondering if they will continue that as they do the makeovers on the M Class ships...

Still trying to find out the answer to the question about Casual dining since it had its S class makeover. The S class ships do not have that option and wondering if they will continue that as they do the makeovers on the M Class ships...

Just returned yesterday from a 12 day Baltic cruise on the Constellation. The evening casual dining in a section of the buffet area is no longer available. The Tuscan Grille has taken it's place, as well as Bistro on Five.

The Tuscan Grille is well worth the extra $$. We ate there on our first eveining and were competely satisfied with the decor, the service, and the food - ohh, the food! Simply amazing!

Bistro on Five is also worth a visit.

we sailing on her dec 4. we have been on the solstice and understand it has been upgraded like solstice. does it have shampoo, conditioner, soap, & lotion, or does it have the all in one? do they have the brunch at sea? did they have strawberries w/chocolate & shrimp?

when you send your laundry out are slacks & shirts smooth enough to wear? is underwear treated delicately enough?

any other in would be appreciated.

thanks.

In Concierge Class they had shampoo, conditioner, lotion in small bottles, and bars of soap. No wall mounted dispenser. Brunch was held on the 9th day, which was our 3rd sea day. The choholate fountain was there, with various goodies to dip into the flowing chocolate. Don't remember if there were strawberries at that table. We used the laundry service twice and were satisfied with the results. Clothes were as good as from our local dry cleaners, and underwear were well laundred and fresh.

She is a beautiful ship, and the improvements done during the refit add even more style to a great ship. The entertainment was surprisingly good this trip, with great shows, fantastic singers and dancers, and featured stage performances, including a hilarious 'magician' who was anything but a slight of hand guy. Had everbody laughing so hard we missed some of his funny dialog. The entertainment in the lounges and other venues was also very good. The crew talent show was fantastic. The activities manager, whom I unfortunately can't remember her name, surprised everyone with two amaxing songs. She has a voice that would compete with the best professional singers out there.

The food in the MDR was pretty good. We never had any complaints. All at our table agreed that they did an amazing job considering they were feeding up to 1,000 people at the same time.

We have a very lively Roll Call for you cruise. Come over and join us http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1004083

Sue

My wife ,daughter,boyfriend and I will be taking our first med crusie with Celebrity in September from Barcelona. Is there a roll call for that cruise?

We have Conceierge cabins and were wondering how good the facilities were and did it make a difference to your cruise?

Just returned yesterday from a 12 day Baltic cruise on the Constellation. The evening casual dining in a section of the buffet area is no longer available. The Tuscan Grille has taken it's place, as well as Bistro on Five.

The Tuscan Grille is well worth the extra $$. We ate there on our first eveining and were competely satisfied with the decor, the service, and the food - ohh, the food! Simply amazing!

Bistro on Five is also worth a visit.

Thanks....

My wife ,daughter,boyfriend and I will be taking our first med crusie with Celebrity in September from Barcelona. Is there a roll call for that cruise?

We have Conceierge cabins and were wondering how good the facilities were and did it make a difference to your cruise?

Heres a link to the roll calls, just find your ship and then the date...

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=206

We've never sailed on a solstice ship but did sail on the Constellation July 3rd Baltic Cruise and had a fabulous time!

In Concierge Class there were small individual bottles of shampoo, conditioner, gel, lotion in the bathroom and they were constantly replaced - don't know about other rooms.

On our cruise there was no brunch - in 2008 there was one on the Summit, Connie's sister-ship.

I did have laundry done a few times - my large checked luggage was lost by the airlines and didn't arrive for 4 days, the ship's concierge was kind enough to give me free laundry vouchers. They did a wonderful job with the laundry - I think they ironed my pjs!! Since it was a 12-day cruise, we also used the big bag special (day 10?? I think) where one bag is $29 (think that was the price and we had a $5 off coupon due to Captain's Club. I rolled the clothes squeezing all the air our so I could really stuff that bag!! We had no trouble wearing the clothes they washed!

If you haven't yet, JOIN your roll call!!! I wish we could have had a Cabin Crawl - would loved to have seen some of the other cabins!! We did that on the Voyager on Feb. and it was a great time - best advertising in the world and its free for the ship lines!

I think the Constellation is a wonderful ship - the "new" part is OK - and I hope even better by now - we experienced some of the rough spots of the "new" - like the Martini Bar (which my DH just loved) was "leaking" one day - but that didn't stop the bartender from putting on his great show of pouring three martinis at once! And the Crush bar couldn't be frozen! The one time my DH (a real wine-lover) tried to use the new enomatic system he was charged for 6 pours and actually had none (charges were easily removed via a visit to customer service). We did enjoy the Tuscan Grill - great food, only complaint the servings were too large! Bistro on Five was just OK - think you'd have to judge for yourself. And, of course, Ocean Liners is an experience in itself - something I'd never miss!!!

Hope you have a GREAT cruise!!!!

Archived