If you cruise more than once a year -

rglbjl

How do you handle insurance?

As you get older - like me - it gets more necessary (especially the

medical portion) and also more expensive.

Do you have a policy that covers multiple cruises - such as a yearly

policy - or do you buy a policy for each cruise?

You are asking a good question. Like you, I am not as young as I used to be and have to be aware of the pre-exisiting conditions exclusion in travel policies. So far, I have been buying a separate policy for each cruise I book. And, price is becoming an issue.

I will be interested in learning what others do, too.

I have carried "health only" insurance..$199 for 365 days.. You can fall ill up to 70 days in a row for coverage, then it starts over with next illness, and so on. It is HTH Worldwide, thru Insuremytrip. you must have a primary as well to buy it. not travel stuff insurance just medical

Our medical insurance covers us worldwide so we do not purchase insurance but self insure.

The only worry is if one of us had to be medivac. Would hurt us but would not destroy us financially.

Figure if we miss a cruise somewhere along the way for travel reasons we come out ahead in the long run.

Works for us but not for everyone.

I have carried "health only" insurance..$199 for 365 days.. You can fall ill up to 70 days in a row for coverage, then it starts over with next illness, and so on. It is HTH Worldwide, thru Insuremytrip. you must have a primary as well to buy it. not travel stuff insurance just medical

I have used HTH Worldwide as well. They have thier own website and you can buy direct from them. You can buy by trip - which is what I do - and also for an extended period. Company has a good reputation

Our health insurance covers us world wide. The only insurance we buy is trip interruption insurance. We had to use it once when a family member ended up in the hospital a few days before we left. The process to get our money back from the insurance company was smooth, so for a few dollars, we always get it.

I am mostly book marking this to review later. I have just started looking for something like an annual insurance. We are doing about 3-4 cruises a year but next year will still do most likely 3 cruises and 2 weeks in Italy. I'm thinking a yearly insurance premium would be better next year. My individual insurance does take care of me, but not medivac(I don't think) and DH is on medicare so I have just been purchasing for both of us.

We just have a yearly travel health policy from Travelguard.

DH and I are both 60-ish, and we travel a lot.

It's just under $300, and it's their Medevac policy.

Thank God we've never had to use it, so I can't comment on the service.... but it's reassuring to know it's there.

It doesn't cover stuff like luggage and cancellations, but that's not so important to us.

If you have to use the insurance once, you will always have it..My DW had an addendix attack at age 50 2 weeks before our cruise...We got back all our cruise fare and airfare so we went about a month later....We got back all our airfare and re-booked for a $50 rebooking fee so our airfare was only $50...Lose your luggage once and it will pay for itself, and for us it's about $70 per person....:)...Dennis

Trying to bookmark this so I can come back and read later. I leave for a cruise in less than a week and purchased the insurance thru carnival this time since it is in hurrican season. (I always purchase travel insurance just not always thru the cruiseline) But for the life of me I have NO IDEA what it covers. The cruise line sends you nothing!!! I don't know what the insurance covers. When I purchase it with the other companies they mail me all kinds of info and stickers for my luggage. I will have to call Carnival tomorrow.

Archived