Do you eat at the specialty restaurants?

vickie_bernie

Do you eat at any of the Specialty Restaurants  

374 members have voted

1. 1. Do you eat at any of the Specialty Restaurants

• No
    • Sabatinis
    • Crown Grill
    • Both

We can't come to cruise critic and brag about what a great deal we got for our cabins and then turn around and demand food and service as if we were cruising on Crystal oe Seabourne. I find the overall food quality on Princess to be quite good, but springing for a higher qaulity meal every now and then is a nice change. It would only be wrong if Princess required every passenger to eat in the Grill once on every cruise. As long as there is a choice, no one should complain.

Well said! We usually go to both specialty restaurants and the Chef's Table (we were lucky enough to be chosen on the last two cruises; hope our luck holds for our October cruise).

It's been years since we did Sabatini's, our first cruise, in fact. We loved the food, but it was sooooo much food. We probably ought to try it again sometime, but we really enjoy the food in the MDR.

As for the Crown Grill, our experience wasn't the best ... I think someone else mentioned "apathetic service" and we would agree. Also, we felt the food wasn't that much better to be worth the price.

Net, voted no, with an option to change my mind. :D

We've been meaning to try a specialty restaurant, but the last Princess cruise we kept checking the dinner menu to find a night where we didn't want to eat in the MDR.... and ended up eating in the MDR every night because the food looked so yummy.

On NCL, however, we had to eat at the specialtiy restaurants every night because the food in the MDR was just not edible.

I would like to try Sabatini's on our next cruise, but I can't promise that we'll end up doing it. My main priority for our coming up cruise is the Chef's Table.

We perfer Sabatinis but have eaten at the steak houses as well.

Our next cruise on the Sea Princess only has only the Crown Grill, best I can tell.

I can't remember what the per person price was for the Crown Grill. Does anyone know?

Thanks

Believe the Sea Princess only has the Steakhouse, no Crown Grill. We are cruising on the Sea Princess soon too.

On any cruise on which we don't bring formal clothes, that is, 7 days, we tend towards the specialty restaurants on formal nights only because we don't want to spoil the "Fred and Ginger" experience for formally dressed passengers. Other folks have told me that formal nights are the best time to eat in the MDR, as the menu is better. Probably true. In the Grill I have learned to order only the filet as the other cuts seem fatty or not well trimmed. In Sabatini's I eat anything and everything. I must say that Todd English's place on the QM2 has my vote for the best specialty restaurant that I've encountered afloat. I can't recall what it cost, but it was worth every penny. In any case the added cost in these places is well worth it for those desiring a change in fare, as they provide a different experience and that's what most cruisers lust for.

Our 1st cruise we felt like many others, we couldn't see spending the extra $$$ when the MDR was so good. On our 2nd cruise, 2 weeks to Hawaii...co-travelers talked us into going to the Crown Grill and I have to say, we are glad they did. It really was an amazing meal and definately a cut above the MDR. We are going on the Island in December to Panama and looking forward to trying the Bayou Cafe & Steakhouse for my DH's birthday. Does anybody have any feedback on it???:rolleyes:

I haven't tried a specialty restaurant yet, but I can tell you that the next cruise I'm on that has "Oriental Night" in the dining room, I'll be up at the Crown Grill so fast, it'll make your head spin . . .

OMG, finally, my first LOL on CC today!

We have eaten in Sabattini's a couple of times but as the amount of food is far too much for our liking, we decided we would rather eat in the dining room and save our money. Even when we told the waiters that we wanted smaller portions, out came the hugest plates of food imaginable. We were with a party of eight and no-one of us could finish our meals. It was such a waste of food, unforgiveable!

Jennie

my family(16) and I ate at both Sabatini and Crown Grill. The Crown Grill was excellant. Sabatini not so much. It was worth(Crown Grill) the extra money. Try not to eat much on the day you are going. We picked sea days for both. Thought the MDR's were were adequate-nothing to brag about. The Ruby was a great ship. Too many ports! Our group were ages 9 to 74!

Archived