Anniversary cruise

herhona

My TA indicated that RCI may do something "special" for us since we are celebrating our anniversary on the cruise. Is this true in anyone's experience?? Thanks!

Not really unless you or the TA tell them about it. ;)

Then it will be just a piece of cake with a candle in it.

And maybe the waiters singing?

I sail almost yearly on ours and unless we tell them, they will never know. :confused:

Absolutely not, unless you tell your waiter or head waiter. Nothing comes to the cabin, no note or phone call, no bottle of anything. Our 25th anniversary came and went onboard. Nothing.

bilyclub is right - most passengers are celebrating something. It's up to you to mention it to someone who will care and that person is usually your waiter and it will be a dessert with a candle.

depending on the ship you may get a card from the LA that says happy anniversary and comes with a promo offer. :rolleyes: We sail on our anniversary which is also my birthday and usually get a dessert with a candle a song and a card from the LA. The last cruise on the Mariner I got a note from the spa for a special birthday deal. yeah right.

TA told me that we would receive a small piece of cake for our anniversary. I haven't told my DH.. want that to be a surprise. We booked this last miinute to celebrate our 45th anniversary.

I'd still mention it to your waiter...the line of communication aren't always that great...we've had it noted on our reservation & got zip in the dining room...

When I make reservations through RCCLs website, I will mark in the section that asks if you are celebrating a special event. If you say yes, it ask for the date and the event. Not sure if this makes a difference or not.

I'm not sure if we mentioned it, our friends told, or if she just knew, but our room steward scattered rose petals on our bed the evening of our 1st anniversary.

I'm sure when booking through TA, you need to let them know.

I'm not sure if we mentioned it, our friends told, or if she just knew, but our room steward scattered rose petals on our bed the evening of our 1st anniversary.

I'm sure when booking through TA, you need to let them know.

That was sweet - but I'm guessing your friends paid for the rose petals. If you've got a really good TA that you use often, you MIGHT get a bottle of cheap wine, but don't count on it.

TA told me that we would receive a small piece of cake for our anniversary. I haven't told my DH.. want that to be a surprise. We booked this last minute to celebrate our 45th anniversary.

Happy Anniversary! How wonderful.

Be sure to discreetly confirm with your waiter about the cake slice. It is my experience that they will not acknowledge your special day unless prompted by you.

When I make reservations through RCCLs website, I will mark in the section that asks if you are celebrating a special event. If you say yes, it ask for the date and the event. Not sure if this makes a difference or not.

It doesn't. :(

Archived