Is it possible to know

CHUCKIE50

Where exactly the Regatta is expected to dock or tender when she visits Amalfi/ Positano on Oct. 30th. I'm sure this has been asked before but I can't figure where it it on Oceania's website. We would like a guide to meet us but we don't know where to tell them exactly where it will be.

Where exactly the Regatta is expected to dock or tender when she visits Amalfi/ Positano on Oct. 30th. I'm sure this has been asked before but I can't figure where it it on Oceania's website. We would like a guide to meet us but we don't know where to tell them exactly where it will be.

It's not a very big port, I'm sure an experienced guide will know where the ships dock. Last summer we just e-mailed the date and time of our ship's arrival, and our guide was there without any further information from us. Good luck, and enjoy your cruise.

You should receive your final documents within 4 weeks of departure. This will list all of your ports and indicate whether they are docked or tendered. In April, we were tendered into Amalfi. I was aware that this port is sometimes missed because of weather, so I advised our driver to please check his e-mail the morning of our tour so that I might notify him of any changes in our plans for the day. The drive between Amalfi, Positano, and Ravello is breathtakingly beautiful. Hope you enjoy it as much as we did! It's also my understanding that the guides are pretty much aware of the changes and will meet you wherever the ship tenders.

It's not a very big port, I'm sure an experienced guide will know where the ships dock. Last summer we just e-mailed the date and time of our ship's arrival, and our guide was there without any further information from us. Good luck, and enjoy your cruise.

We would have to second Sundapples' opinion here. If the guide in a small to mid sized port city cannot find the cruise ship........please, don't use them.

You will be tendered in. If the winds are strong from the south, you might find yourself at a different location. We had to spend an extra night in Sorrento and had to miss anchoring off Amalfi. The guides should be able to make the adjustment.

In addition, you can get information about the port agent which you can relay to your guide. Normally you will have this information in the Currents distributed the night before, but you can always ask Reception who the agent is. They will have the LATEST information.

We did this for our arrival in Copenhagen several days in advance, so that our friend could know where to pick us up. I think that the Copenhagen port is rather larger than the one you are talking about, and it worked out fine.

Mura's suggestion is very good to ease any concerns you may have.

Positano and Amalfi are a 30 minute drive (on a good day) around a point from each other so it is not that a guide can see your ship arriving in Positano if you happen to tender in Amalfi. They only know that it is not where they are waiting. Like others have said the professional guides though do know to check on things like this and work accordingly. Not a bad idea to give them the ship's agent's contact (they likely know it in any case) to minimize concerns.

The seas can change here. We were tendered in Amalfi but by late afternoon the ship raised anchor and sailed to calmer waters leaving folks still touring on shore behind. Shuttle busses were arranged and everyone was smoothly collected before final depature.

Good suggestion on that wanderingitaly website - lots of interesting stuff. I saw that they get their weather info from wind finder and they even have the wind direction etc. Everything a wind surfer could want!

Another place for weather info thoughout the world is the weather network website. If you click under weather and go to statistics you can look up historical info. What it has depends on the particular locale so some have more and some less info.

http://www.theweathernetwork.com/statistics/c00176

We were in Amalfi mid October last year. Cool (light jacket) and drizzley. The wind came up and chased us away. A couple of years earlier we drove the coast and it was bright and very pleasant. It is a nice place to be in any case. Enjoy your trip.

Archived