Boarding with Extra Large suitcase? an Platinum boarding?

dixie54

I would love to take my XL large suitcase on with me,( I know I will have to drag it with me until we get into our room) so I can get unpacked at 1 when we get into our cabin. Is that possible? I hate having to wait for my bag.

Also, if you are Platinum and boarding in Galveston, where do you find the Priority Boarding? If you are boarding early does it really speed things up?

Thanks for any info!

Carry on luggage has to fit thru' the security screeners, about the same size as those at airports. The last two years Galveston has had a priority boarding area after check in where sparkling wine and snackies were served. Since that area does board first, yes, it is a little quicker.

This is the carry-on size posted by Continental: The maximum combined linear measurement (L + W + H) of the carry-on bag is 45 inches (115 cm)up to 14 in x 9 in x 22 in.

You'll have a bit more leeway with getting a suitcase through the port scanners, but not much.

We have cases which comply with airline allowances. For our next flight these are 62 inches -length +width+ height. We have seen these being put through scanners at the airport and at the cruise terminals. Any package much bigger would not go through the scanners.

These are larger than the scanners which are used for hand luggage.

We have cases which comply with airline allowances. For our next flight these are 62 inches -length +width+ height. We have seen these being put through scanners at the airport and at the cruise terminals. Any package much bigger would not go through the scanners.

These are larger than the scanners which are used for hand luggage.

So you CAN carry on a larger size bag then? Even one that the airline makes you check?

I'm actually wondering more about carrying it off than on. Not sure exactly how debarkation works when they say there is no self-debarkation, if you just want to treat your luggage as carry-on? Or is there some rule saying that you HAVE to turn it all over to them, you can't carry it off yourself? (I'm talking about at San Juan)

So you CAN carry on a larger size bag then? Even one that the airline makes you check?

I'm actually wondering more about carrying it off than on. Not sure exactly how debarkation works when they say there is no self-debarkation, if you just want to treat your luggage as carry-on? Or is there some rule saying that you HAVE to turn it all over to them, you can't carry it off yourself? (I'm talking about at San Juan)

Did you get notified that you do not have access to self-debarkation?

Iv had a regular large suitcase in Galveston, and they made me get out of line when I got to the point they check your fun pass, and no matter how long you were waiting in line, you lose your place and have to go check it, if its oversized.

In fact, Galveston will not allow my middle size suitcase, that does actually fit thru the scanner. I know because Iv taken it twice thru the scanner in New Orleans. The last time in New Orleans they were like we want you to check it. I said I know it fits and they reluctantly let me thru with it again. It is bigger than airline check in size, but still scanner size.

I've carried on a 25 inch tall suitcase with me several times with no problems. This is bigger than an airport carry on size.

I think it must depend on the port as to what they allow you to carry on. I've seen folks with bags bigger than mine that they were able to carry on.

Archived