"LIVE" From Explorer of the Seas-9/11/2010 Bermuda

Radio

As always....thanks again, Radio! ;)

I too am living/sailing vicariously thru you. Your posts are some of the best!! I don't sail until 10-27-2011!! I'll br trolling/lurking s long time before sailing. Can't wait til your next post. Great fotos, you really have a gift. Keep it coming. Have a great time. Stop by Dizzy's for me and warm up a spot.

Charlotte

Radio , I have sailed with you many times through your posts, now I am actually onboard with you ..Hope to actually meet you..Maybe in the concierge lounge. ..I wont even think of posting now that I see your on here..Love your posts ..Great work..Im in 7688 corner aft my favorite cabin

Hello everyone. . . I made it on board by 12PM ! I left the ship at 2PM, but I am back on now. . . There was a little automotive repair concern with my car,

More on that later. . . Muster drill is in 5 min and Sail away is at 5 PM. . .

Lots of pics and lots of posts to come later. . .

Radio

;);)

Another great live report from Radio!

We sail her next month, so I'm really excited to hear all about your views of this great ship!

I know you have sailed her several times, and I hope you don't mind a few questions. Did you notice any improvements in the port? Did you have a lot of folks showing up early? How long did you wait for your bus number? Do you know if your cruise was sold out?

Thanks for taking us along on your cruise!:D

Thanks, Radio. Love your live reports. Take care of the ship, we're sailing on her Thursday when you get back. Will be able to read your posts thru Monday, but leaving home early Tuesday, so put in 'lots of info' Sunday and Monday. Thanks again, Radio, for all your posts. They're great!!!!!!

Hello everyone. . . I made it on board by 12PM ! I left the ship at 2PM, but I am back on now. . . There was a little automotive repair concern with my car,

Radio

;);)

Oh dear, hope what ever it was is all fixed and you can concentrate on taking US with you on your cruise!!!! :) :D ;)

Enjoy....looking foreword to those pictures!!!

Radio , I have sailed with you many times through your posts, now I am actually onboard with you ..Hope to actually meet you..Maybe in the concierge lounge. ..I wont even think of posting now that I see your on here..Love your posts ..Great work..Im in 7688 corner aft my favorite cabin

Party at 5 in 7688 aft corner!:D

Hi Radio, Hi Meg!

Have a great cruise!!! Wish I was sailing with you again. Glad sail away is early this time. :D Say hi to Ken and Deb from me!

Radio -- great pics so far. Can't wait to live vicariously through your posts!

Enjoy!

Nancy

We are delayed a half hour due to fueling the ship ..But we will pop the cork at 500 pm ..Hopefully a smooth ride ..at least over will see what I gor stirs up on the way back..Im signing off and turning the show over to Radio...Dont want to mess with the original

Have a great time! We love the Explorer!! You must be getting ready for the Sail Away right about now... drink in hand... band playing... Lucky you! I love sailing under the Verazanno Bridge!! It's so cool!

I have like 300+ days, so I'll be reading your live posts to see how your cruise is going!

Enjoy!

Wow, alot of excitement and action already!! I MISS you guys already!!!!! Can't wait to hear how the cruise is going! Hello to the May 2010 crew sailing today!!!

So kind of you to take your time to keep us posted on Explorer and love the pictures; do take time for yourself.

We are sailing on Explorer next Thursday so love to read your posts before then. Haven't been on this ship for years; hope it's not showing it's age.

Wow, alot of excitement and action already!! I MISS you guys already!!!!! Can't wait to hear how the cruise is going! Hello to the May 2010 crew sailing today!!!

I feel like they left us behind...... I miss them, too! :D

Hope they have fun and come back with lots of stories to entertain us with.

Radio

;);)

Radio,

Looking forward to your photos and live updates.

My husband and I took a tour of the Explorer today. We were able to view all the different category staterooms, explore all the amenities the Explorer has to offer and finished our tour in the main dining room with a delicious lunch prepared for our group.

You had a wonderful day and beautiful weather for sail away! Have a wonderful vacation, great times and I hope you bring back many wonderful memories.

Bon Voyage!

Deb:)

Another great live report from Radio!

We sail her next month, so I'm really excited to hear all about your views of this great ship!

I know you have sailed her several times, and I hope you don't mind a few questions. Did you notice any improvements in the port? Did you have a lot of folks showing up early? How long did you wait for your bus number? Do you know if your cruise was sold out?

Thanks for taking us along on your cruise!:D

What specifically do you mean? What areas of improvement are you looking for? The boarding area? The surrounding buildings?

I was at the port today. They completed the walking path from the port entrance along the right side. It is a paved path with trees and grass along each side.

Can't wait for your next post, and at some point a report on the MDR food, as someone has already asked for.....been a while since i have sailed on Royal.

Thanks,

M.

Just got off this morning, IMO I thought the food had gone down hill. It was just average. Johnny Rocketts was great!. Well worth the extra money.

If anyone can help me who in on this sailing. I left 5 of my prescriptions in a blue zipper bag in my room, along with some money. We were in Cabin 6353. Alex Brown was our room steward. i call RCCL, but they wont even get back to me until Tuesday.

Enjoy your trip. She is a beautiful ship.

Thanks,

Arlene

Hello everyone. . . We have set sail, and are on our way to Bermuda.

The Captain informed us that because Explorer was being fueled, that we would be late leaving the pier.

We ended up leaving a little before 6PM. . .No worries . . . We will still arrive in Bermuda as scheduled. (9AM Monday) We just have 660nm to get there.

I had a bit of trouble starting my yesterday. . . Uggh . . . It seems that when my key was inserted in the ignition, that it wouldn’t turn. Wow, I have never heard of that. It seems that are good friends at Google have heard of that. The answer cam up many times on how to start the car. . .”Just tap on the key with a screwdriver, like you were trying to put the key in farther” Well. . . It worked. . . Until this morning.

I repeated the “fix”, and after 10 tries, it worked. This was no good. I called for an emergency ignition repair, but no one called. When I boarded the ship at noon, I received a call, and they would come and fix the problem. . . The bottom line was that they came, they fixed it, and my wallet is paying for it.

I am happy though that my car will start the first time when we come back to Cape Liberty. . .

The ship seems to be filled today, and I am happy to say that there is no more Concierge Key for Suites, and D+. There is still a CL, and it is in the same place. They now use your Sea Pass card for the room and CL. . .NICE.

I remember on Oasis of the Seas in March, that I had a room key, DL Key, and CL key. . .RCI has brought us to the age of 2010.

I really haven’t had a chance to see what the shows are for this week, but I have a few days to figure that out. I will be off to dinner soon, and then there is the Welcome Aboard Show tonight, and a small CC Mtg, with our great CC Roll Call members (a few of them)

The boarding process today was painless, with no lines. I arrived at the pier at 11:15, and parked the car by 11:25. I had my Set Sail Pass at 11:30. There was a short wait in the D+ Lounge while a wedding party, and some TA’s boarded. We were allowed on the shuttles by 11:55. . . . Nice

Here are a few pics from embarkation, boarding, and sail away.

Thanks for tuning in, more pics later. . .

Radio

Approaching Explorer

S2.JPG

Explorer of the Seas is waiting for me.

S7.JPG

Explorer, and the 911 Memorial at Harbour View Park

S3.JPG

Where is everyone ?

S10.JPG

There are not many passengers in the Terminal. . .

S11.JPG

The Suite / Diamond Check In was very efficient. . .

S12.JPG

Archived