Epic Posters -- Please state WHAT SHIP you are asking/writing about.

Sauer-kraut

I've been reading stuff and have no idea what ship is being discussed. You don't have an exclusive board anymore.

All of the Epic threads were moved here. Most did not specify the ship as they were on the Everything Epic board. I'm sure all new threads will specify the ship.

All of the Epic threads were moved here. Most did not specify the ship as they were on the Everything Epic board. I'm sure all new threads will specify the ship.

Yes, that is a problem. Sometimes it's easy to spot an Epic thread. If it says "Cirque Dreams" or "Howl at the Moon" in the title...it's easy to determine which whip is being spoken about.

Personally, I really miss the "Everything Epic" forum. :(

Yes, that is a problem. Sometimes it's easy to spot an Epic thread. If it says "Cirque Dreams" or "Howl at the Moon" in the title...it's easy to determine which whip is being spoken about.

Personally, I really miss the "Everything Epic" forum. :([/quote

hi everyone

actually unless it is a general question or comment the ship's name should be in the title of the thread.. also for previous EPIC threads just go to the Everything Epic board and click on the thread and it will take you to it right here and you can continue the same thread. .. the threads have NOT been deleted.... let's get some healthy discussions right here about the innovative Epic compared to other NCL ships!!!!

Actually, this is an ongoing problem. People often ask a question without telling us the ship. The Epic thing should work itself out in short order. But that 20-30% that assume we know what ship and what ports and what time of year they are sailing will still do what they do.

Actually, this is an ongoing problem. People often ask a question without telling us the ship. The Epic thing should work itself out in short order. But that 20-30% that assume we know what ship and what ports and what time of year they are sailing will still do what they do.

If anyone needs to have Epic inserted into one of the older threads titles just ask and we can do that... and I agree. the ship's title should be in all threads pertaining to a particular ship.. I just read a long post about cabin selection and it wasn't until the bottom of the post that the ship's name was mentioned

I love these boards, but I do wish it was easier to find info. My wish list would include having a pull-down field for ship name on the New Thread screen on the Cruise Line board. Posters could choose a ship name or leave it empty if theirs is a general question/comment. That would allow users the ability to filter posts by ship. The current search function would work on the filtered list as well as an unfiltered list.

That same concept could be applied to the Ports of Call board. A cruise line field would be helpful to those researching excursions provided by their cruise line since the cruise line typically offers the same excursions for each port no matter which ship calls there. And a city field would be helpful to those researching the port and want to see independent tours as well.

The Roll Call board could be improved by adding a field for the sailing date which would standardize the date format. That would make it much easier to find an existing thread for your sailing before you created a new one.

I do appreciate the Search function, and I know that it offers some of the functionality above. But the lack of standardization makes it tough to find what you are searching for. I find I get a lot of hits on posts that really aren't applicable. For example, searching for Nice (as in France) will return all posts with nice used as an adjective.

Of course, the filter fields are dependent on posters using them when they create new threads, but I think when they see how useful they are in finding info, most will use them. If they don't, their posts will still come up in the regular Search function.

If the moderators are compiling a wish list, that's mine!

I love these boards, but I do wish it was easier to find info. My wish list would include having a pull-down field for ship name on the New Thread screen on the Cruise Line board. Posters could choose a ship name or leave it empty if theirs is a general question/comment. That would allow users the ability to filter posts by ship. The current search function would work on the filtered list as well as an unfiltered list.

That same concept could be applied to the Ports of Call board. A cruise line field would be helpful to those researching excursions provided by their cruise line since the cruise line typically offers the same excursions for each port no matter which ship calls there. And a city field would be helpful to those researching the port and want to see independent tours as well.

The Roll Call board could be improved by adding a field for the sailing date which would standardize the date format. That would make it much easier to find an existing thread for your sailing before you created a new one.

I do appreciate the Search function, and I know that it offers some of the functionality above. But the lack of standardization makes it tough to find what you are searching for. I find I get a lot of hits on posts that really aren't applicable. For example, searching for Nice (as in France) will return all posts with nice used as an adjective.

Of course, the filter fields are dependent on posters using them when they create new threads, but I think when they see how useful they are in finding info, most will use them. If they don't, their posts will still come up in the regular Search function.

If the moderators are compiling a wish list, that's mine!

Sue,

you have some good suggestions.. can you email your suggestions to Community@cruisecritic.com.. or post them under the forum Help Using the Boards....

The search works very well if the word "Epic" is in the title line or even mentioned somewhere in the response. Please....to make searches easier...put Epic in your title bar. I for one am not reading the entire NCL forum and if my "Epic" search doesn't find your thread, it doesn't get read. The Epic is such a unique ship, and there are soooo many questions still about it, that it was a shame to prematurely end the Epic only forum. :rolleyes:

Archived