Playstation3 onboard

BillfromWV

sorry, never thought of that. my apologies. in any case, ps3 you can probably hook up - just remember all your cables.

would you consider getting him a psp - my daughters love theirs and it's great for the travelling parts as well.

No judgements please. Special needs child who wants to bring his psp. I am only asking for an answer not opinions.

Thanks

Bill

No need to explain why you asked the question. Unfortunately, it will not work since they disable all the connections on the tv. Some people have been able to bring a universal remote with them, programmed it for the tv in the cabin, and then reactivate the jacks. I wouldn't count on it though, maybe bring a handheld system for him instead.:)

No possible way to connect a dvr, a game console or anything to the televisions on the ships. They would have to bring in a different tv for you to be able to hook it up.

My DH took a flight training game with him and played it on his computer. Could you find something similar for your child and bring a laptop instead?

I know my son has a 7 inch screen made by mad catz that he hooked his game to in the car, maybe you can borrow or buy one so your son can play his ps3 anywhere there is an outlet.( uses standard outlet ) had to get an adapter for the car. ) I think it cost about 79-99$ at the game store. you wont be able to do the online games but works great for the regular ps3 games.

I know my son has a 7 inch screen made by mad catz that he hooked his game to in the car, maybe you can borrow or buy one so your son can play his ps3 anywhere there is an outlet.( uses standard outlet ) had to get an adapter for the car. ) I think it cost about 79-99$ at the game store. you wont be able to do the online games but works great for the regular ps3 games.

oh and bring a power strip because you will need 2 outlets.

We have been able to hook a portable DVD player on some ship TV's. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. It is usually because the remote will or will not let you change the imput selection.

FYI, just because you are on a cruise does not mean you are running around doing "stuff" 24/7. There is plenty of downtime in your cabin to just hangout and chill, especially if you have kids....

FYI, just because you are on a cruise does not mean you are running around doing "stuff" 24/7. There is plenty of downtime in your cabin to just hangout and chill, especially if you have kids....
I agree with this statement.

We don't allow our teens the run of the ship after dark -- it just doesn't seem to be a wise thing to do -- but that doesn't mean they want to come in and go to bed either. If we'd brought along their wii, I suspect they'd have had fun playing in the cabin in the evenings.

No judgements please. Special needs child who wants to bring his psp. I am only asking for an answer not opinions.

Thanks

Bill

Sorry to have been judgemental up front - perhaps you could have included the reasoning in the first post? Just sayin'....

Hopefully you'll be able to work something out to occupy him. I hope it all works out - not having a special-needs child, I'm not familiar with what vacation time is like for you.

We bring travel games (Sorry, Uno, Battleship, Scrabble, cards, etc.) to play as a family when we travel. We always try to stay "unplugged" the entire time - no TV, no DVD's, no video games. Our last trip we traveled with another family, they allowed their boys to play their DS's after dinner, in the lounge, so we of course let our son, also. Otherwise, it's all about family for us. But everyone vacations for different reasons - for us, it's time to spend as a family, no schedule, no ringing phone, email, chores or ball games.

Bonding time. :) I'm thankful we have it.

Archived