how many formal nights on Eclipse 7-nighter?

bestmom1

Two, most likely on the second and sixth evenings.

lvcruiser is correct that the formal nights are usually the second and sixth nights of a seven day cruise (since those are normally sea days). However, we just returned from a seven night Equinox sailing where the formal nights were on days three and five due to the itinerary. So best to check, but definitely two formal nights on a seven night sailing.

Here's the schedule off X's website:

Evening Dress Codes

Cruise length Smart Casual Formal

4-night 3 1

5-night 4 1

6-night 5 1

7-night 5 2

8-night 6 2

9-night 7 2

10-night 8 2

11-night 9 2

12-night 9 3

13-night 10 3

14-night 11 3

15-night 12 3

Thanks to all who replied. Ifni, we are together on Eclipse for Thanksgiving.

I'm trying to decide which nights to pre-book for Qsine and Murano. I love the formal nights, so don't want to miss one in MDR. Since we are early seating, maybe booking the port days and getting a later seating time would work best.

Day two is a sea day, so for sure will be the first formal night. On this itinerary day 5 and 6 are also sea days, day 5 being Thanksgiving. Maybe they will have the second formal night for Turkey-day. As one of our roll call members said, "Pass the gravy, please."

Liz

lvcruiser is correct that the formal nights are usually the second and sixth nights of a seven day cruise (since those are normally sea days). However, we just returned from a seven night Equinox sailing where the formal nights were on days three and five due to the itinerary. So best to check, but definitely two formal nights on a seven night sailing.

Here's the schedule off X's website:

Evening Dress Codes

Cruise length Smart Casual Formal

4-night 3 1

5-night 4 1

6-night 5 1

7-night 5 2

8-night 6 2

9-night 7 2

10-night 8 2

11-night 9 2

12-night 9 3

13-night 10 3

14-night 11 3

15-night 12 3

disregard

• 3 weeks later...
Thanks to all who replied. Ifni, we are together on Eclipse for Thanksgiving.

I'm trying to decide which nights to pre-book for Qsine and Murano. I love the formal nights, so don't want to miss one in MDR. Since we are early seating, maybe booking the port days and getting a later seating time would work best.

Day two is a sea day, so for sure will be the first formal night. On this itinerary day 5 and 6 are also sea days, day 5 being Thanksgiving. Maybe they will have the second formal night for Turkey-day. As one of our roll call members said, "Pass the gravy, please."

Liz

Liz,

Night six is actually at sea and night 5 is in St. Maarten, so I can pretty well guess that the 2nd formal night will be Thursday Nov 25....Thanksgiving! We will gtet to dress up for Thanksgiving!

Archived