Nachi Cocum Question.....

Keri's Cruisin'

A group of 7 of us will be spending the day at Nachi Cocum in Cozumel when Navigator of the Seas stops there in November. I understand we will have our own waiter to serve us all day, bring our drinks, food, etc. Can someone who's been there please advise what is an appropriate tip to give our server? Thanks in advance.

Keri

A group of 7 of us will be spending the day at Nachi Cocum in Cozumel when Navigator of the Seas stops there in November. I understand we will have our own waiter to serve us all day' date=' bring our drinks, food, etc. Can someone who's been there please advise what is an appropriate tip to give our server? Thanks in advance.

Keri[/quote']

We gave $20 for two of us because we thought our waiter was fantastic back in 2009.

I was just there two weeks ago and there were 9 of us. We didn't end up tipping anything because we didn't seem to have a personal waiter. We waited forever for someone to take a snack order by the pool (we were given a menu) and ended up all going to sit in the dining room area where we were served pretty fast. We got our own drinks from the swim up bar.

We still had a fabulous time and I would highly recommend the place!

I would have left a tip had there been anyone to give it to.

We've been there 3 or 4 times and always had pretty good service - it depends on how busy they are. We also don't mind going to the bar ourselves. We're pretty low maintenance and only stay for about 4 hours so we leave $20 for 2 people. I think one time we stayed all day and had more service so we upped the tip that time. Depending on how much each person has him running back and forth, anything from $10-20 per person should be fine.

We did NC a year and a half ago. We tipped $20 for the day for 2 adults and 2 children. Just a reminder, there is no ATM and they don't take credit/debit cards.(or at least they didn't!) We had to take a taxi down to a hotel to get extra cash for a snorkeling tour. Very nice quiet place.

We did NC a year and a half ago. We tipped $20 for the day for 2 adults and 2 children. Just a reminder, there is no ATM and they don't take credit/debit cards.(or at least they didn't!) We had to take a taxi down to a hotel to get extra cash for a snorkeling tour. Very nice quiet place.

Our reservation states they do not accept credit cards, cash only.

The law changed on September 10th I believe. I imagine we'll be hearing reports about the money soon. I too was wondering about this as well as cabs. However, considering a port is an obvious tourist area, I'm thinking well be ok on American money. If not, we'll get currency before we leave.

Nachi Cocum is nice but I want to share our experience as a family of 5 in 2008. Not a bad experience but was surprised when arriving (as I expected something a little better- but hey it's a foreign country).

We arrived at 11:30 which must be a late arrival time as there were no umbrellas (or whatever you call those straw tops on a pole) left and there we only 2 empty chairs by the pool. Our server for the day, took the 2 empty chairs by the pool and managed to find a palm tree with some shade provided and set us up for the day. The server then took our drink orders and told us there was a twenty dollar charge for the rest of the day. We had purchased all-inclusive tickets (as there is a limit to the amount of daily guests) and I informed him that we had all-inclusive tickets and that would include our drinks. He did not argue and for the most part did provide good service during our visit. I just felt like he was trying to see if he could take advantage of us. Maybe it was because we were the last guests to arrive, I don't know--it just rubbed me the wrong way.

Food was good and overall a decent experience and probably would do again--I would just make sure I got there earlier in the day.

I can't recall the exact tip amount--but my husband is always generous with tips regardless of service--and he probably gave upwards of twenty or more.

Have fun, Nachi Cocum is a good place to have a beach day.

You picked our fave. Never a bad experience in the 6 times we've been. But then, we head for the gangplank ASAP and get there around 9:00. Never a problem, plenty of palapas and chairs. We prefer to sit up on the pool deck near the bar anyways. We love to sit in the water while the best bartender on island, Jose, makes the best Bloody Marys we have ever tasted. The food is fantastic, especially the cerveche, try it! Here is a look at Nachi and the ribs I ordered once.

29ntcoi.jpg

29yru49.jpg

We'll be there again November 23rd...can't wait!

If you want a relaxing day with a clean pool plus a jacuzzi if it gets rainy/cold, with great drinks and generous pours, excellent food, Try the lobster, this is your place...and they make sure they get you in a taxi back to ship in time. We usually tip Jose and our server, don't remember how much but commenserate with excellent service! Have a blast, Bon Voyage

We were at Nachi Cocum two weeks ago on our Carnival Freedom cruise. There was a group of seven and I know for my wife and I we tipped $20.00. Carlos was our waiter and took real good care of us. We ended up not using the pool and stayed on the beach the entire time. Carlos not only brought us any drink we asked for, but also brought us our food right out to the beach chairs. I could not be any more pleased with the place and will definately be going back.

You picked our fave. Never a bad experience in the 6 times we've been. But then, we head for the gangplank ASAP and get there around 9:00. Never a problem, plenty of palapas and chairs. We prefer to sit up on the pool deck near the bar anyways. We love to sit in the water while the best bartender on island, Jose, makes the best Bloody Marys we have ever tasted. The food is fantastic, especially the cerveche, try it! Here is a look at Nachi and the ribs I ordered once.

29ntcoi.jpg

29yru49.jpg

We'll be there again November 23rd...can't wait!

If you want a relaxing day with a clean pool plus a jacuzzi if it gets rainy/cold, with great drinks and generous pours, excellent food, Try the lobster, this is your place...and they make sure they get you in a taxi back to ship in time. We usually tip Jose and our server, don't remember how much but commenserate with excellent service! Have a blast, Bon Voyage

Thank you so much for the great pictures and we will see you there on Tuesday November 23rd! We will be the group of 7 ladies ranging in age from 32-62. On Navigator of the Seas to celebrate my 40th Bday!! We planned to get there somewhere between 9-10am just wasn't sure we could get drinks that early. So excited for this cruise and our day at Nachi!! Look for us on the beach w drinks in hand.....:)

We'll be in Cozumel in November. Did you do an on line deposit? Someone has mentioned faxing credit card information which I will not do. Is there a secure website to use? Thanks!

We prebooked through Island Marketing and it's a secure line. Only have to make a $12.00 deposit, then pay remainder in cash when you arrive.

Here is a link:

http://cozumelcruiseexcursions.com/

Will you be there on November 23rd with us?????

what all is included for the $49 per person, what kind of drinks, fruit drinks or what? what kinds of food is included? buffet thanks

All drinks (granted the bar does not have top shelf) and a meal of app, entree, dessert and side. It's not buffet but you can pick anything you want off the menu and it's included.

We spent the whole day there and had drinks, food and of course sun and never went without. Other than the $49 all we paid was tip money for our great service.

Archived