What time do you get off the Dream at Port Canaveral, FL?

kiraryker

You will have plenty of time. If you are using the ships transfer you will probably be headed that direction by 9 or so. (It's a 45 minute drive).

We always rent a car when we sail from there and we get off early VIP self assist, get our car and go to a favorite breakfast place before we head back to the airport.

You will have plenty of time. If you are using the ships transfer you will probably be headed that direction by 9 or so. (It's a 45 minute drive).

We always rent a car when we sail from there and we get off early VIP self assist, get our car and go to a favorite breakfast place before we head back to the airport.

So you rent a car right at the pier? We were wondering which rental companies have a spot that we could rent at the airport then drop off at the pier then do the same on the return?

Is a 1:50pm flight out of Orlando, FL too early?

More than enough time. Maybe too much. We were in zone 10 debarking and off the ship and home (4.5 hour drive) before then. BIL/SIL did self debark for an early flight, walked off the ship at 7:30A and had a 2.5 wait in the airport after going through security.

Is a 1:50pm flight out of Orlando, FL too early?

Should be fine with that. Our 1:30 flight just got changed to 12:00 - I am a bit nervous about that, but will get off the ship quickly to make sure we make it! (3rd flight time change since we booked last Feb!)

There aren't any car rentals at the port, but there are shuttles from the port to the car rental locations. I am enclosing a thread that has tons of info about car rental, shuttle service etc. If you go to post 295 I think, that's where the info is.

If you have time to read more, please do so as there is a ton of info. Enjoy Pt Canaveral. It's our favorite port.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1119114&page=15

Should be fine with that. Our 1:30 flight just got changed to 12:00 - I am a bit nervous about that, but will get off the ship quickly to make sure we make it! (3rd flight time change since we booked last Feb!)

Same thing with me only mine changed from 1:30 to 12:30 so I have a little more time. Everyone I have spoken to indicated that the Dream always gets in before 8AM and with self debarkation you can be off by 8:30 or earlier.

Hope it's not with United Airlines. They actually cancelled my sisters flight. She only had the option of flying out at 10:50AM. Her regular flight was to leave at 1:35PM. There's no way with all the ships coming in on a Saturday and Disney traffic that we were going to be able to make a 10:50AM flight. So United cancelled her ticket. I was P*ssed to be honest. Her same ticket (we got for $276.00 RT)is now selling for $531.00 and they were not willing to accomodate on helping with anything. So now she is flying to my city and driving down with me. Then flying back out of my city the following day after coming back.

Will NEVER book with United airlines again!!!!

I beleive we were off the Dream no later than 8:00. We had a flight out at 1:55PM, wished we had booked the 12:00PM flight instead. I would not worry, if you go through Carnival and allow them to handle your luggage, print your boarding passes (think it was $50 per person??) they will have you there by time.

I beleive we were off the Dream no later than 8:00. We had a flight out at 1:55PM, wished we had booked the 12:00PM flight instead. I would not worry, if you go through Carnival and allow them to handle your luggage, print your boarding passes (think it was $50 per person??) they will have you there by time.

You can not use Carnival transportation if you flight is before 1:00.

Hope it's not with United Airlines.

Will NEVER book with United airlines again!!!!

Actually, it is with American. Our 9 a.m. flight down was changed to 7:30 a.m. (no big deal, except we now have to get up at 4:30 a.m. to get to the airport!) And our 1:30 flight home was changed to 12:30, then 12. Hope it doesn't get any earlier than that!

We got off the dream with self debarkation at around 7, went outside, ask a shuttle for a price ($40- $50 for the two of us), and were at the airport at 8:45. Exteremly fast and painless.

I accidentally booked an 11:15 flight, and was afraid we couldn't make it.

Archived