Bridge Tour on upcoming Solstice cruise

dtguy111278

Does anyone have information regarding bridge tours on the Solstice? I've never done the tour and was wondering how long the tour was and exactly what you get to see. Also, does Celebrity charge for the tour? Thanks!

Hi, it varies ship to ship, cruise to cruise. I have been a few times

and how long does it last? I am guessing about 1/2 hour-45 minutes.

What do you see? They take you to the bridge and one of the officers

usually explains the different things (equipment and such) and what

some of the things are used for, etc.

I was on Solstice last week and cannot tell you if they had one or not.

It is usually by invitation only but you can always ask at Guest Relations

and see if they know if one will be held on your sailing. There is no

charge for it but you do have to sign a form (security).

Lois, as is always the case, is correct. Those who are Elite or the ones in PH, RS or CS may get an invitation, but it's not open to everyone. It also depends on the captain. Some captains do not like to open the bridge to passengers. We dined with one captain and he told us that he will not allow bridge tours. It's free to invited guests only and takes about 45 minutes. They will allow you to bring a camera, but some will only allow certain pictures due to security concerns.

Lois, as is always the case, is correct. Those who are Elite or the ones in PH, RS or CS may get an invitation, but it's not open to everyone. It also depends on the captain. Some captains do not like to open the bridge to passengers. We dined with one captain and he told us that he will not allow bridge tours. It's free to invited guests only and takes about 45 minutes. They will allow you to bring a camera, but some will only allow certain pictures due to security concerns.

Hi Darcie,:) thanks but I am far from always correct:o.....

Oh, I know you are sailing Solstice again in December....I have 3

cruises I am looking at and that is one of them:p

Hi Darcie,:) thanks but I am far from always correct:o.....

Oh, I know you are sailing Solstice again in December....I have 3

cruises I am looking at and that is one of them:p

December 12 and February 27 on Eclipse. That would be sooooo great to have you on board one of those. My sister will be in a Sunset and I'm in the corner SS next door on deck 7. On Eclipse I'm in an HC Aqua Class and my sister is in a regular AQ next door.

December 12 and February 27 on Eclipse. That would be sooooo great to have you on board one of those. My sister will be in a Sunset and I'm in the corner SS next door on deck 7. On Eclipse I'm in an HC Aqua Class and my sister is in a regular AQ next door.

Darcie, you are on Eclipse?? Or Solstice? :confused:

Oh..Dec 12th Solstice and then in Feb on Eclipse?

My husband and I are interesed in the bridge and engine tour and also the galley tour if they have one. How would we find out about them?

The engine tour is strictly off limits because of security concerns. Galley tours are generally offered to Select and Elite members, but on occasion they will offer them to the general public. You can ask at the purser's office. As for the bridge tour, read the previous posts to see what was written about that.

The engine tour is strictly off limits because of security concerns. Galley tours are generally offered to Select and Elite members, but on occasion they will offer them to the general public. You can ask at the purser's office. As for the bridge tour, read the previous posts to see what was written about that.

I was on Century in April. First the Galley Tour was offered to the entire ship and I believe that it is now fleet wide. Take a look at the Celebrity web site. I am glad they are matching HAL in this regard. Everyone met in the MDR where they started with complimentary Sparking wine. I asked Captains Club Hostess about afternoon tea and she said she would invite me (usually Elite) but they were not doing this on the short mini-cruise. I am only bringing this up because she asked for my stateroom and said she would invite me to the Engine room tour. So I believe they are still doing them (I was invited to one on Azamara). They did not do the Engine room tour but instead a bridge tour to which I received an invite.

We were on the Eclipse in July and asked the Elite hostess about doing us a bridge tour. She said she doesn't organise them anymore as 'officially' they are not offered, but if you go to Guest Relations and ask for a Bridge or Engine Control Room, you will get one ( at least on the Eclipse...as said depends on ship/captain). We told all our friends on the ship and everyone who asked got a tour. Bridge tour lasts about 25 mins. We didn't do the ECR as we had been spoiled on the Independance of the Seas last December with a full engine room tour. If you ever get the chance, go!! As to the Galley, this was done for anyone who wanted to one sea day morning. It was advertised in the cruise daily newsletter (the name of which escapes me) and we were also told about it by our waiter the night before. They sort you into groups of about 15 and take you through in about 20-25 mins.

Simon

They had one of the galley and the bridge on Solstice...we got invites being Elite. The cap was not present during the bridge tour we took on Solstice-- On Summit last week Cap was present & took pics with the guests (& ship's photographer)...

On Solstice it was not a publicly annonced tour for security reasons..a very modern bridge! Tour lasted about a 1/2 hr & you could take pics of On Summit--no cameras were allowed

so I guess it all depends!

Does AQ class (solstice) get invited to those tours ? Im assuming Elite members means people who have been on many cruises? Its our first but i would love to see the bridge and meet the captain and crew :D

Hi,:) yes, Elite is 10 or more cruise credits. As for being in AQ? I don't

believe the cabin category has a lot to do with who gets invited...well,

maybe if you always book the PH;)...

I was on Solstice last week and don't recall seeing anything

about a bridge tour being offered. You need to go to Guest Relations

and ask if they are having one and if it would be possible for you

to attend.

Again, it varies ship to ship, cruise to cruise.

As for meeting the Capt and crew? Many times they are quite

accessible to the passengers...walking around and are usually very

approachable.:)

I was on Solstice last week and they offered a private tour of the galley, behind the scenes tour of the theater and bridge tour for the winner of one of the bingo games.

We took a tour of the galley on Saturday (not offered to the public) after talking to the head chef Friday evening. It was a small group and a very informative tour.

Does anyone have information regarding bridge tours on the Solstice? I've never done the tour and was wondering how long the tour was and exactly what you get to see. Also, does Celebrity charge for the tour? Thanks!

We had a bridge tour on Solstice last month. I went to guest relations on the first day of the cruise and asked that if a tour was given that we be included. I was told that "IF" such a tour was given we would be considered. Sure enough we received an invitation late in the week.

The invite instructed us to be discreet as these tours were restricted.

There were about 50 people in attendance and I think there were other tours given that week. I don't think cabin class had anything to do with it.

Everyone had cameras and it was very informative.

c

Bridge tours are usually by inviatation only--Elite and above captain's club levels. They will send the invite to your room with an assigned time to appear.

The galley tour was advertised publicly on our Solstice cruise. I posted a bunch of pictures from the tour on my blog (link below). We just had to call to say we were interested and we were assigned a time. The tour started in the dining room and then we went through the galley in small groups. They had a fruit carving demonstration, we tasted some meat, saw the salads being prepared and some desserts being made. They also demonstrated making a marzipan rose. The tour concluded with chocolate covered strawberries for everyone. It was quick but very interesting and worth-while.

We also went on a tour of the engine control room and the bridge. I requested the tours at the guest relations desk on the first day. The tours were held on the last sea day. The engine control room wasn't especially interesting, but the engineer-type people on the tour seemed to enjoy asking technical questions about things.

The bridge tour was pretty cool! They explained how the equipment works and we were allowed to take pictures. I loved standing on the far edge of the bridge where it hang out past the ship and you can see everything! I have pictures of the engine control room and bridge on my blog too.

I suggest just asking to be put on the list. No guarantees, but they were very accommodating for us (and we aren't elite and were not staying in a suite).

Archived