Summit Buffets

mgmigs

can anyone tell me what i can expect from the buffet on the summit for breakfast, lunch and dinner? i do not want to eat in the main dining room for every meal.

We found the Buffet area somewhat crowded and chaotic for Breakfast. We did enjoy the pizza and pasta area for snacks after a day in Bermuda. The Brunch in the MDR was spendid.

We found the Buffet area somewhat crowded and chaotic for Breakfast. ...

Hello, "mgmigs" and "nealstuber."

There may not be a single cruise ship at sea in which "the buffet area" SOMETIMES appears "somewhat crowded and chaotic for breakfast." The key word is "sometimes." The time to go, to avoid crowds, is exactly when they first open (usually 6:00, 6:30, or 7:00).

Have a hard time getting up? My advice is to take an afternoon nap (one hour or more), as it will help you to rise earlier than normal, even if you retire late (which is allegedly not done much on "X" ships!).

By the way, I think that I will withdraw my agreement that cruise-ship breakfast buffets are/appear "chaotic." That is too strong a word. The fact that there is hustle and bustle doesn't mean that there is "chaos." With will power, you can DECIDE to stay calm and patient -- and you will do fine.

It's worth waiting for others to finish serving themselves, because the selection at the breakfast buffet is much wider than the relatively narrow options on the MDR menu. Also, at the buffet, you can begin eating much sooner (after arriving) than you can in the MDR.

can anyone tell me what i can expect from the buffet on the summit for breakfast, lunch and dinner? i do not want to eat in the main dining room for every meal.

Sailed the Summit last January, and found the food pretty good overall.

There is a salad bar, pasta bar, pizza and sandwiches. We ate most of our lunches poolside at the Grill. I found the food pretty repartious in the buffet. Not alot of changes to the menu day to day. No matter where you eat, you will enjoy the cruise!!!

There is also the Aqua Spa Cafe that offers breakfast and lunch. They

serve a healthier (but no less delicious) option.:)

OMG:) The lunch at the Aqua Spa was great. I always felt that I was eating healthier, well at least at lunch:D. Everyday they had different plated salads and and yummy breads to choose from.

Enjoy the Summit!

OMG:) The lunch at the Aqua Spa was great. I always felt that I was eating healthier, well at least at lunch:D. Everyday they had different plated salads and and yummy breads to choose from.

Enjoy the Summit!

Loved Aqua Spa cafe on Century. Can you tell me how late it is open for lunch. Would love to stop there after returning from port (only have one sea day on our Dec. itin.).

Don't forget you can get room service as well. Love breakfast on the balcony - no better way to start the day!

Celebrity does not have a full buffet for dinner, there are choices such as salads, pizza, pasta, sushi, etc but not the same as you will get for breakfast and lunch which are full buffets and excellent.

is the pasta already prepared in a chafing dish or is it made to order like in a pasta bar where you choose a pasta, sauce and add-ins?

Loved Aqua Spa cafe on Century. Can you tell me how late it is open for lunch. Would love to stop there after returning from port (only have one sea day on our Dec. itin.).

Hello, "librarylady19."

Here's something to file in your card catalog:

No one can be sure, from ship to ship, cruise to cruise, day to day.

However, on a February, 2010, cruise on the Equinox, the AquaSpa Cafe was open for lunch each day from about 12 Noon until 2:30 PM.

PS: I was a page, many moons ago.

Hello, "librarylady19."

However, on a February, 2010, cruise on the Equinox, the AquaSpa Cafe was open for lunch each day from about 12 Noon until 2:30 PM.

does the aqua spa have a set menu?

does the aqua spa have a set menu?

Hello, "mgmigs."

Here are links to the AquaSpa Cafe's breakfast and lunch menus on the Eclipse. Prior to coming across these, I was under the impression (from personal experience on Millennium (2008) and from other CrCr members' comments) that there were no menus in any AquaSpa Cafes. Thus I do not know if these menus are now used on ...

(1) Eclipse only ... or ...

(2) all Solstice-class ships ... or ...

(3) all "X" ships.

[Dear Lois, what did you find in this regard on your recent cruise?]

Breakfast:

http://beyondships.com/files/AquaSpa_Cafe_Menu_-_Breakfast.pdf

Lunch:

http://beyondships.com/files/AquaSpa_Cafe_Menu_-_Lunch.pdf

Best of luck! :)

Hi:), some of the items mentioned on those lunch menus were on my

sailing. The salmon, chicken and pork were offered. There is always

salad offered. They also had the marinated fruits too.:)

As for the breakfast offerings? I can't give first hand information

because I never had breakfast there this cruise.

I'm sure if I searched, I could find the answer, but I'm also sure someone will know right away...is there an extra fee for meals in the Aqua Spa Cafe? The menus look like they're right up my DH's alley...I'm sure he'll want to eat there most days!

Thanks!

Lynn

I'm sure if I searched, I could find the answer, but I'm also sure someone will know right away...is there an extra fee for meals in the Aqua Spa Cafe? The menus look like they're right up my DH's alley...I'm sure he'll want to eat there most days!

Thanks!

Lynn

Hi Lynn:), no charge for meals there.

Hello, "librarylady19."

Hi jg,

Nice library humor; we haven't had "card catalogs" for many years now though..it's an online catalog now but I know where you're going;)

Thanks for the info!

Hello, "mgmigs."

Here are links to the AquaSpa Cafe's breakfast and lunch menus on the Eclipse. Prior to coming across these, I was under the impression (from personal experience on Millennium (2008) and from other CrCr members' comments) that there were no menus in any AquaSpa Cafes. Thus I do not know if these menus are now used on ...

(1) Eclipse only ... or ...

(2) all Solstice-class ships ... or ...

(3) all "X" ships.

[Dear Lois, what did you find in this regard on your recent cruise?]

Breakfast:

http://beyondships.com/files/AquaSpa_Cafe_Menu_-_Breakfast.pdf

Lunch:

http://beyondships.com/files/AquaSpa_Cafe_Menu_-_Lunch.pdf

Best of luck! :)

thanks so much, these look like great dining options. can't wait to try this venue.

Maybe it’s easier to show you what the buffet area looks like/has to offer with pictures than description.

Here is my food themed photo link from our Infinity cruise last summer. It’s a mixture of buffet and MDR food and food from other ship based events, but it should provide you with enough glimpse on what the area has to offer. As a quick reference, MDR plates are all white and the buffet plates are colored. So you can tell off the top where the food came from.

http://travel.webshots.com/album/574262235wsRMGp

As others have mentioned, if you eat at the buffet at the more popular times, it will be crowded. So go early or later if you prefer to be away from the crowd – no different than any other popular land based places. It also makes a difference on port versus seas days at the buffet since people change their meal time based on tours/excursions.

Such that of someone typically eats breakfast at 9 AM on sea days, but on port days, they have tours/excursions that starts at 8:30 AM, they would need to eat breakfast at 7:15 and if few hundred people does the same thing, then the buffet area will be more crowded earlier than later due to the schedule shift.

Maybe it’s easier to show you what the buffet area looks like/has to offer with pictures than description.

Here is my food themed photo link from our Infinity cruise last summer. It’s a mixture of buffet and MDR food and food from other ship based events, but it should provide you with enough glimpse on what the area has to offer. As a quick reference, MDR plates are all white and the buffet plates are colored. So you can tell off the top where the food came from.

http://travel.webshots.com/album/574262235wsRMGp

As others have mentioned, if you eat at the buffet at the more popular times, it will be crowded. So go early or later if you prefer to be away from the crowd – no different than any other popular land based places. It also makes a difference on port versus seas days at the buffet since people change their meal time based on tours/excursions.

Such that of someone typically eats breakfast at 9 AM on sea days, but on port days, they have tours/excursions that starts at 8:30 AM, they would need to eat breakfast at 7:15 and if few hundred people does the same thing, then the buffet area will be more crowded earlier than later due to the schedule shift.

love the pics. what is in the the glass that looks like it has strawberries in the bottom and oj on top???

love the pics. what is in the the glass that looks like it has strawberries in the bottom and oj on top???

Glad the pictures help.

The orange/strawberry thingy was dessert at the buffet brunch on the day they had the glacier viewing. It’s just fancy looking orange Jell-O on top of strawberries.

So on that series of pictures, they had a special buffet at the MDR during brunch hour. If your cruise has one, be sure to arrive early (before noon) as some of the good stuff is gone after 12:30. As they say on all the cruises, eat early and eat often.

Archived