Obstructed balcony cabins on celebrity's eclipse

celebrity888

My family are booked in cabins 6191 and 6199 on the Eclipse next month. Both cabins are over the tender boats and not the lifeboats. The lifeboats are smaller.

Has anyone been on this deck and stayed in one of these balcony cabins above the tenders? Is the view completely obstructed?

I think the deck plan is probably the same as the Equinox, so if anyone has stayed in either of those cabins and have photos I would be most grateful if you could post them on here. Many thanks.:confused:

• 1 year later...
My family are booked in cabins 6191 and 6199 on the Eclipse next month. Both cabins are over the tender boats and not the lifeboats. The lifeboats are smaller.

Has anyone been on this deck and stayed in one of these balcony cabins above the tenders? Is the view completely obstructed?

I think the deck plan is probably the same as the Equinox, so if anyone has stayed in either of those cabins and have photos I would be most grateful if you could post them on here. Many thanks.:confused:

I suggest you send your post on the roll call of Eclipse TA April 21st

there will be a cabin crawl and there is many people who already did cruise on that ship

Looking at cabin 6191 on the Eclipse. Any one got a picture of the obstruction?

Thanks in advance

Seadancers

On the Celebrity board, there is a sticky about cabins on Solstice class, where people 'review' their cabins. Periodically, the OP of the thread updates with a spreadsheet. Find your cabin, and see what has been said about it. EM

We had 6199 on a Med. Solstice cruise this past September. It was the Solstice but exactly the same as the ship you are taking. I would book it again in a heartbeat for the incredibly low price we paid ($1279pp for 12 nights.) You will see the top of the lifeboat which will be slightly below the top of the window (railing. but outwards several feet) When you look down you will see the deck below and you will be able to see outwards, toward the sea. We ended up saving almost $2500 by booking this guarantee. It was well worth it for us, might not be for you, but we figured it paid for our airfare and a few tours. We take a lot of cruises, at least 4 weeks, a year so appreciate saving some money. Have a great time, whatever you choose to do, and if you do take this cabin you will be okay. There are plenty of places you'll get full views of the sea.

Here is the post re 6195 which is between your two cabins;

Deck - Continental

Cabin # - 6195 - Solstice

Class – 2D

Starboard or Port Side - Port

Bed near?(balcony or bath) – bath

Quiet Cabin – yes

Balcony View - tender boat fully outside balcony up to knee level appr. Not an issue for me, could see right across it but not down. First night we had the Allure right across from us very late at night so I got some very nice picutres. 6197 has a view in between the boats as does I think 6191.

Balcony Size? - normal

Was wind a problem? no

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? n/a

Any specific problems with this cabin? Had a few problems with lock trying to get in and then totally got locked inside. We called down and they had to replace the whole lock as it was damaged inside. Humorous story to tell.

Any other comments? Mid ship, close to ILounge and elevators. Easy to walk down one or two floors to restaurant or theatre. I would book this cabin again.

• 3 months later...
I posted a number of photos that we took from our balcony a couple of months ago. We stayed in 6208, one of the larger balconies on the slant. We learned to look over the obstructions.

Thanks for posting these pictures. We will have this cabin on the Eclipse in Jan. Was worried about how much obstruction there really was. I think I can live with this! LOVE the location. Did you happen to take any pictures of the balcony? Was wondering how much larger it is.

• 2 years later...
I posted a number of photos that we took from our balcony a couple of months ago. We stayed in 6208, one of the larger balconies on the slant. We learned to look over the obstructions.

Thanks!

The photos you posted and your remarks were very helpful as we are booked in Cabin 6208 for an upcoming TA cruise. We were concerned about the obstructions. Nice to hear, from a couple of people,that have been in this cabin, that it wasn't a big deal.

Terry