Celebrity Airport Transfers

Adamsbeeb

Sailing from Barcelona on Oct 2. Bought the celebrity airport transfers. Does anyone know what happens to our luggage. Our flight arrives at 7:25 am so we'll have a few hours before we can board. Do they store the luggage or deliver it to our staterooms?

Much depends on when other cruisers with transfers arrive. Somewhere outside of customs/immigration you should be greeted by a rep for X, most likely with a list of people. Once everyone arrives,people and luggage will go to the bus for the trip to port. There it will be given to porters for loading on the ship. You will next see it in the hallway outside your cabin, best guess about 3:30, if you are lucky. And if you are lucky, when you get to the ship you will get to board if it is 11:00 or later.

Much depends on when other cruisers with transfers arrive. Somewhere outside of customs/immigration you should be greeted by a rep for X, most likely with a list of people. Once everyone arrives,people and luggage will go to the bus for the trip to port.

Hello, "biker1972."

There's one thing that you didn't mention, and it has been on my mind ever since "X" told me that I would be met by a "rep" at/near baggage claim. Should I understand this to mean that the order of events (at any foreign airport) is this:

1. de-plane with carry-on bag(s).

2. walk to Customs/Immigration.

3. show passport, get briefly interviewed, etc..

4. walk to baggage claim.

5. pick up checked bag(s).

6. put "X" ship tags on checked bag(s).

7. look for "X" representative.

8. give tagged bags to "rep."

9. get on transfer coach.

10. go to ship (without seeing bags).

11. receive delivered bags in mid-to-late afternoon.

What is the opinion of experienced cruisers about this question?

Would you (or would you not) put "X" ship tages on checked (and even carry-on) bags PRIOR to departure from home airport? I ask this because of the possibility of checked bags being delayed and not reaching Embarkation port until sail-away. I look forward to reading opinions/experiences. Thanks.

About a year ago one of my group had a bag not show up at Newark, and it never was found. It did have a name tag on it, but no Celebrity tag. In talking to the people at the airport and again at the pier, a couple of the "greeters" said that if they ever see bags in the claim area that haven't been claimed, or in the "lost luggage" area and they can see Celebrity cabin tags on them, they will make arrangements to get them to the ship. Since then, I have always put my Celebrity tags on before leaving home. YMMV.

If you are going in the day of the cruise you are going to have to pick up your bags and take them through customs. I would put the Celebrity tags on just before I went through customs. If you are going in a day or two before the cruise I would put the tags on just before I headed to the ship. Just a thought.:)

You don't mention where you are arriving, but since this thread is about Barcelona, let's assume it's there. Very easy to get a cab from the port to the airport. There will be a line for cabs once you get your luggage, cost is about 30 euros, takes less than 1/2 hour.

Is it 30 euros per person or per taxi? If we have 3-4 people in the car will it be the same 30 euros?

We too used a private taxi from Bacelona airport to the pier. There were three of us and 4 checked bags. Charge was "flat" - No additional charge for our luggage or for number of pax.

We got a particularly good deal on X's pre-cruise hotel in Rome and decided to book that -- X included airport to hotel and hotel to port transfers in that booking. In Rome it was wonderful - the X rep was allowed into the baggage claim area and had a luggage cart ready. He helped with our luggage and phoned for the van to take us to the hotel so it was waiting for us. Everyone else had to find their ground xfer in the crowded area outside the baggage claim. With the hotel package we also got "priority" boarding for the ground xfer to the port from the hotel.

In talking to the people at the airport and again at the pier, a couple of the "greeters" said that if they ever see bags in the claim area that haven't been claimed, or in the "lost luggage" area and they can see Celebrity cabin tags on them, they will make arrangements to get them to the ship.

Thank you, "cruisestitch," for relating this helpful anecdote. I will put tags on at home, and I will take spares in carry-on luggage, in case the originals are torn off by accident or by an airline employee.

• 6 years later...

hi ,cant seem to find out if celebrity do transfers from ciampino airport to the ship at civitavecchia if so how do i book and what is the cost ? or will it be just as easy for me to arrange a taxi to get me there 2 passengers plus luggage july 22

I would NEVER put on celebrity room tags before flying to the port.

IMHO, if you are worried you can put info sheet in the suitcase (phone number, name, ship type info), and could put on some kind of a "bag tag" showing same/similar info, so it might be easily spotted if bag was to come in on different flight.

I don't know about all airlines, but Delta has a pretty good baggage tacking system in place now that shows in fairly real time where your bag was last scanned...

To the OP, I hope they don't make you sit around the airport until they get a full bus. I have read they do that sometimes from the ship to airport, not sure if same the other way around.

Have a great cruise!

hi ,cant seem to find out if celebrity do transfers from ciampino airport to the ship at civitavecchia if so how do i book and what is the cost ? or will it be just as easy for me to arrange a taxi to get me there 2 passengers plus luggage july 22

I'm pretty sure Celebrity don't do transfers from/to Ciampino. We're having to fly into that airport in September as are others from the UK. We've joined with others on the roll call to share private transport as the airport is a fair distance from the port. Have you asked on your roll call?

• 3 months later...

Seems odd to have to ask the question but we are flying into Rome (arrive 10:20am) for the cruise leaving October 9. I'm trying to find out what transportation to take to the port Civitavecchia. I have one quote for a private car at around 250. With the return we are looking for a hotel for two nights. First timers.

The limo company will charge 130 ish euros for 3 persons

Sent from my SM-G935F using Forums mobile app

We are fresh off the Eclipse in Southampton and required transport to Heathrow. Celebrity was charging $101 a person for a bus transfer. We hired a private vehicle for 4 people and paid a flat 104€ ($135) total. We saved $66 a person by using a private car service.

Seems odd to have to ask the question but we are flying into Rome (arrive 10:20am) for the cruise leaving October 9. I'm trying to find out what transportation to take to the port Civitavecchia. I have one quote for a private car at around 250. With the return we are looking for a hotel for two nights. First timers.

I have used Bob's Limos many times and have always been happy.

http://www.romelimousines.com

129Euro for 2 people.

• 1 month later...

our flight ( in to Dubai with Emirates ) is booked as part of the package with Celebrity . It includes the transfer from Dubai airport to the ship in Abu Dhabi - question is ;

will we have to take ourown bags to the ship check in or do they go from the transfer vehicle direct onto the ship. Because if that was the case , we could head off to explore AbuDhabi and board the ship later that day/evening when it’s less busy ?

If we've ever taken Celebrity transport from an airport to the port, we've had to take our own bags off the bus and hand them to the porters. Occasionally we've then gone off into the city to explore before returning later to check in and board the ship. Not in Abu Dhabi though as we used private transport rather than Celebrity transfer. You'll need to check the latest time for boarding as it's around 20 minutes by taxi from the port to downtown

Sent from my SM-T550 using Forums mobile app