Azura - Try to be more positive - PLEASE!

Black Jan

I have recently been on the Azura. I found the food in the main resturant to be poor, not a great choice. By the end of the cruise the were alot of empty tables, so they must feel the same. They also rely on the headliners far to much, on our cruise they wer on for 8 shows, and then some of the cast sang in bars. So in total it was quite easy to have seen them 12 times (far to much in my view). I did find it quite a interesting ship with different things to do, and the layout of the bars were very good.

We have just booked Azura for January despite not being overwhelmed with Venture or Oceana compared with other experiences. We much prefer the American cruise lines it would seem. We measure our cruises by the overall level of service and the food - but here we are looking forward to our next cruise on a great new ship which has some great reviews.

Every holiday is what you make it and I already know we will have a lovely time and so will you.

The worst cruise I ever went on was absolutely fantastic!

The first cruise is the best! You will have a great time if thats what you want.

Enjoy

Gail

Thank you Gail - you are absolutely right - it will only be as good as we want it to be - I am going to have a FABULOUS time and I shall enjoy every moment!

Is it as addictive as everyone tells me? I see you have been on a few Gail!!

Janet xx

I found the food in the main resturant to be poor, not a great choice.

Food - it's quality/quantity/type - is an interesting thing when it comes to ship reviews. Obviously a lot depends on the writer - their preferences and "experience".

For my wife and I, now that we are retired, we don't eat in restaurants much anymore - so it is a real treat to do so on the ships. I am not fussed about the buffets - preferring the MDR for a number of reasons. My wife tends towards the buffet - I think primarily because she is always on the verge of sea sickness and prefers the openness of the buffets.

My wife is a good cook (as am I :p) - however I enjoy the food on the ships if for nothing else than that we don't have to cook it ourselves.

It might be my imagination - but I feel that most who are critical of food on ships are those who have cruised before - I have rarely read a first timer criticising ship food. They usually rave about it

Barry

Is it as addictive as everyone tells me?

Most new cruisers start looking for their next cruise before they've unpacked :D

Seeing your beautiful ship there waiting for you, after a busy day in port is the best thing ever. Waking up in a new exciting place, after a lovely night onboard is just unbeatable. We really miss our ship once the cruise is over :o

I have recently been on the Azura. I found the food in the main resturant to be poor, not a great choice. By the end of the cruise the were alot of empty tables, so they must feel the same. They also rely on the headliners far to much, on our cruise they wer on for 8 shows, and then some of the cast sang in bars. So in total it was quite easy to have seen them 12 times (far to much in my view). I did find it quite a interesting ship with different things to do, and the layout of the bars were very good.

I have to agree slightly about the Headliners, although I did enjoy them.

But I am amazed that you thought the food was poor. There were at least 5 choices every night, never repeated, nicely cooked, always hot and I didn't have to cook it! :-)

Thank you Gail - you are absolutely right - it will only be as good as we want it to be - I am going to have a FABULOUS time and I shall enjoy every moment!

Is it as addictive as everyone tells me? I see you have been on a few Gail!!

Janet xx

We went reluctantly on our first cruise and it was absolutely fabulous. It was on a very old ship called the Norway which used to be in service and was far from modern but I didn't see any of the problems it supposedly had and had nothing to compare it with!- she had the charm and elegance as befitts an 'old girl of the sea' and I felt like a princess at the ball the whole time - the service was exceptional and the food unbelievable. Since that first cruise we have been hooked, planning our next trip well before we sail on the current one! You should explore other cruise lines to find out which suits you best and you will find something you like from each one.

I hope you enjoy your cruise and feel confident enough to try others as this way you have great new experiences over and over again - that's what we are doing - its great fun!

Gail

we were on Azura last month and had a fabulous time. I'm hard pushed really to think of anything negative to say about it at all. Perhaps it wasn't my personal idea of absolute total perfection, but what holiday is unless you have the budget of a billionaire? You will have a wonderful time.

Hi Jan,

I am also going on the Azura next year and although I do enjoy reading people's reviews I would not let anyone put me off, I use the reviews for tips and idea's but everyone has there own take on food etc.

I am so looking forward to it :)

Regards

Lynn

Just back from Azura and she is fabulous.

Headliners were very professional - I loved Reel to Reel.

Food was superb all week.

If I had to find a fault - I'd struggle. Nearest I can get is that there was a bit of s crum to get off at one port because we arrived late and so everyone wanted to get off at the same time. It really didn't bother me, but a few people got hot under the collar!!

Archived