Lusitanica's EPIC REVIEW with pics, videos, comments, etc.

lusitanica

The sinks may be small but has anyone ever seen a large sink in a standard cabin on any cruise ship? The showers are usually like a capsule and the sink tiny. It is funny how no one mentions the Epic showers are larger than most standard cabins on most ships.

Just something to think about. That point gets lost in the sink and shower door debate.

Agreed. The sinks aren't small it's just that a lot of people aren't used to vessel sinks. That's what I have at home and know how to use them. Just don't turn the tap on too high and it's all good.

Agreed. The sinks aren't small it's just that a lot of people aren't used to vessel sinks. That's what I have at home and know how to use them. Just don't turn the tap on too high and it's all good.

Water splashes out of the sink when you turn the faucet on.

It's ridiculous but it's not the major issue - turn the faucet on gently.

You can wash your hands there.

But if you try to wash your face, water splashes everywhere around.

sink21.jpg

Water splashes out of the sink when you turn the faucet on.

It's ridiculous but it's not the major issue - turn the faucet on gently.

You can wash your hands there.

But if you try to wash your face, water splashes everywhere around.

sink21.jpg

Maybe if you took the remote control out, it wouldn't splash so much. :rolleyes:

The remote control buttons are probably deflecting water all over the place!

But seriously, I think that most of us with vessel sinks at home know that our sinks are WAY deeper and wider than these dog bowls! I so wish that Lusitanica had the opportunity to do as intensive a study on the high end accomodations. I'd like to know how many "normal" sized accomodations there are on the Epic. These standard balconies are WAY SUBSTANDARD!!! I can't believe anyone is arguing that point. The shower may as well be out in the hall!!! I can't believe folks are accepting this gimmick!

But seriously, I think that most of us with vessel sinks at home know that our sinks are WAY deeper and wider than these dog bowls! I so wish that Lusitanica had the opportunity to do as intensive a study on the high end accomodations. I'd like to know how many "normal" sized accomodations there are on the Epic. These standard balconies are WAY SUBSTANDARD!!! I can't believe anyone is arguing that point. The shower may as well be out in the hall!!! I can't believe folks are accepting this gimmick!

Careful cruiser willy.....you're just a few posts away from being on the dark side....:)

Well, I hate to do it, but I have to be a big boy and admit when I make a mistake. It turns out that when I checked my notes on the room dimensions I did make a mistake. The bed was not 29 inches from the cabinets, it was actually 22. The 29 inch measurement was the narrowest measurement from the couch to the refrigerator. I apologize for my mis-information.

~Intrepid <-- mmm! crow tastes good.

Here is a comparison of the sink (outside the bathroom) in our hotel in Miami and the sink on the EPIC. I swear to you the one at the hotel was messier, plus the glass countertop just made it look worse. Both had to be mopped up at times. Obviously, you can see that I turned the tap on full on EPIC due to concerns that the water would shoot all over. The water goes nowhere when turned on full, very little water gets outside the sink when the pressure is turned down.

2084080280036428036S500x500Q85.jpg 2672105060036428036S500x500Q85.jpg

~Intrepid <-- washy, washy, happy, happy

These standard balconies are WAY SUBSTANDARD!!! I can't believe anyone is arguing that point. The shower may as well be out in the hall!!! I can't believe folks are accepting this gimmick!

Yes, they are substandard (technically studios).

I have looked up prices online.

A standard balcony on Epic is roughly same price as Princess Grand-class mini-suites.

"Delux" cabins are somewhat more expensive.

Yes, they are substandard (technically studios).

All single room cabins are technically studios, just like studio apartments.

They are not substandard. They are built to the design standards set by NCL.

Again, mixing opinion (which you are entitled to) with facts

All single room cabins are technically studios, just like studio apartments.

They are not substandard. They are built to the design standards set by NCL.

We are talking about balcony cabins (balcony studios), not about interior "single" cabins.

BTW "single" cabins were originally intended for 2 passengers.

"Standards set by NCL" is a joke - the plan was changed on the go.

We are talking about balcony cabins (balcony studios), not about interior "single" cabins.

I know exactly what we're talking about. The balcony cabins are not substandard. They were built to NCL's standards. They're also "technically" studios because they are a single room, as are most cabins on the ship. Your statement that they are technically studios is correct, and that's not a bad thing. They were designed that way.

I'm also aware the singles were originally designed as doubles. This fact has nothing to do with the statements above.

"NCL standards" of that kind were never established and do not exist in nature.

There are marketing decisions related to a particular ship called Epic.

Incorrect again. There were clear blue prints produced for this ship. Those were the standards it was built to. Marketing has nothing to do with it. Saying a "room is substandard" is different than "didn't like the room". I'm calling out your continued confusion between fact and opinion.

This whole discussion sounds like "one of these things is not like the others"

that doesn't make it substandard.

Using L's argument, one might call a motorbike substandard because it doesn't have 4 wheels & 4 doors.... :rolleyes:

As I have previously stated I think NCL has misrepresented their basic balcony cabins. Because there are no oceanview cabins as on the Jewel class those who the basic balcony should be marketed to those of us who usually put a family of 4 in an ocean view. I looked up the numbers. We sailed on the Dawn a few years ago in an ocean view with 4 people. Crowded but affordable .

Dawn ov 156 sq feet

Dawn basic balcony (only sleeps 3, not available to family of 4) 203 sq. Feet

Epic Family balcony ( same price point as previous ocean view) 216 sq feet

Pearl ov 161, balcony 205

You all may not like the way the cabin is laid out but is is not smaller than other NCL cabins of its type . For a family of 4 unable to get a balcony at an affordable rate on other NCL ships we are gaining 50 square feet. Our kids are not sleeping over our heads and we have a balcony.

If you want a suite pay for one , if you want inexpensive you get a cabin live with it!!!

abcw.jpg

How to check your drawing.

A = B + (C - A)

Not sure what you are getting at here. I advised that I misread my list of measurements, not the cabin layout. I have already apologized for having the info backwards. What are you trying to tell me now? Is there some other problem you have with my drawing?

~Intrepid <-- double-checked

Archived