Walking to Lobster Alive

Cruise buddie

We were at Lobster's Alive last week, but I wouldn't recommend walking! It's very, very hot even early in the morning. We caught a taxi at the dock to take us there.. cost $3.00 each. After a few hours on the beach, we walked into town to do some shopping and that was far enough. We ended up getting a taxi back to the ship after it.

On the map, it doesn't look that far from the port, but that heat just makes walking any distance very unpleasant. Enjoy!:)

Thanks for the feed back. Taxi it is then
Boatyard is right next door to Lobster Alive

and the taximan may try to coerce you into doing Boatyard instead

so he can get his cutback from Boatyard(arrangements they sometimes have..)

but don't let that happen to you.

If he hasn't heard of Lobster, say Boatyard on Lower Bay Street.

Same spot, give or take 50 yds.

Access to the broad Carlisle Bay beach right alongside Lobster ..is free

and you'll see their big beach umbrellas waiting for you.

Move early before it gets too hot..or before all the umbrellas are taken.

Get there by 10 a.m. you'll be alright.

I would stay away from the Boatyard. People would not leave you alone trying to sell you crap. Only after we paid they told us they ran out of umbrellas. The free drink was watered down rum punch. Could not taste the rum so it turned out to be watered down punch. Not worth the 10.00 plus cab fare.

We walked from the cruise terminal to Lobsters Alive via downtown and walked back via the beach walk. It was an eay walk. I would recommend taking a taxi there and a leisurely water view stroll back . We spent our day at Lobster's Alive right next to the Boatyard.

We were at what we thought was the Boatyard last year, but now I think it was Lobster (looking at google). Are there signs for all beaches? They seem to just blend into one another. So closest to pier is Boatyard? and then Lobster? and then further down Carlisle? Someone please clarify..Thanks

We were at what we thought was the Boatyard last year, but now I think it was Lobster (looking at google). Are there signs for all beaches? They seem to just blend into one another. So closest to pier is Boatyard? and then Lobster? and then further down Carlisle? Someone please clarify..Thanks

Lobster Alive is about 150 ft from the Boat Yard.

OSJ

I just posted this question on the "boatyard" thread but realized it might get more of a response here, so I'm reposting and hope you forgive me for the duplication.

I enjoy walking, even in heat of 90-100 degrees and up to 3 or 4 miles each way, and wouldn't mind walking to the Boatyard or Lobster Alive. Can anyone give SPECIFIC instructions (including street names, turn right, left, that sort of stuff) on how to get out of the port and to either of these locales? Thanks in advance.

walk through the taxi/bus stands at port, walk out the main gate, and hang a right (this street is Princess Alice Hwy) all the way till you see Carlisle Wharf on your right hand side. After you pass this place, the street will turn right and you will also go right. Walk till you see the water, and then you must turn left, and now the street is called The Wharf Street. Once you see the first bridge (the Square), go right on the bridge, walk right through, and keep walking straight. This is now Bay Street. Walk for about 2 or 3 blocks and hang a right on any of these streets. The beach will be right there. It's about a 20-30 minute easy walk (a little over a mile). We always walk it, and now we're even smarter -- we take a bed sheet from home with us, lay it down, and on it the towels and stuff, this way you don't have to rent their chairs (they charged last year about $15 US for 2 chairs, an umbrella and 2 small watered down pops). It's a beautiful beach...one of my fav's.

Is this a beach or a restaurant that serves Lobsters?

We go for their beach. We get a few cocktails at their restaurant. Their meal prices are a bit high for us. So, we prefer to drink then go back to the ship to eat.

Archived