How many days until your next cruise???

Poorplaya

Not the Bates... I see you got married on the FOS ... how was that.. we have friends considering this (on the FOS or otherwise). did you like it? did all the guests come on the cruise also?

It was the best decision I could have made while planning our wedding. We were originally planning a traditional October wedding with about 125 guests. We switched it to May to avoid hurricane season. I was so stress-free the day of the wedding that I kept realizing what a good decision we made.

We went through RC's "Royal Romance" department and were married the first day of the cruise. That way, my grandparents (who lived in FL) were able to attend without having to cruise. In total, we had 14 guests. 12 sailed with us. I had communication difficulties with Royal Romance in the beginning. After a couple problems, I called and asked to be transferred to a supervisor. After chatting with the supervisor, I had zero difficulties with them.

We are a really laid-back couple, so we weren't nit-picking the details. We provided our own music to walk down the aisle to, and aside from that, pretty much let them plan the details. If your friends are more particular, RR will allow them to bring in things (aisle runners, etc.) to personalize the experience. We went with the most basic service. We boarded the boat first, got ready in separate staterooms, my H did a brief "rehearsal" in the chapel, then we were married around 1:30PM in the Skylight chapel. We had a champagne toast and chocolate covered strawberries after. It was a really simple celebration, but the best decision we have made. After the ceremony we just switched into comfortable bride and groom shirts, and enjoyed the cruise! Everyone had an absolute blast on the cruise, and we had enough privacy where we could enjoy our honeymoon but still get to visit family and experience a great vacation all together.

One thing that your friends should keep in mind is that there are some sacrifices made when you decide on a destination wedding. I didn't have a bridal shower since we didn't have a traditional reception. (We had a very casual tropical-themed picnic to celebrate when we came home, so everyone could see our pictures and celebrate with us) I was fine with no bridal shower because I hate being the center of attention, but a lot of women wouldn't be okay with it. Also, there may be people who mean a lot to you that can't attend due to financial reasons, etc. I was sad that my closest Aunt wasn't able to attend, but she was able to come to our picnic reception and see all the pictures. All in all, it was sooo worth the sacrifice. I absolutely loved our wedding on FOS.

It was the best decision I could have made while planning our wedding. We were originally planning a traditional October wedding with about 125 guests. We switched it to May to avoid hurricane season. I was so stress-free the day of the wedding that I kept realizing what a good decision we made.

We went through RC's "Royal Romance" department and were married the first day of the cruise. That way, my grandparents (who lived in FL) were able to attend without having to cruise. In total, we had 14 guests. 12 sailed with us. I had communication difficulties with Royal Romance in the beginning. After a couple problems, I called and asked to be transferred to a supervisor. After chatting with the supervisor, I had zero difficulties with them.

We are a really laid-back couple, so we weren't nit-picking the details. We provided our own music to walk down the aisle to, and aside from that, pretty much let them plan the details. If your friends are more particular, RR will allow them to bring in things (aisle runners, etc.) to personalize the experience. We went with the most basic service. We boarded the boat first, got ready in separate staterooms, my H did a brief "rehearsal" in the chapel, then we were married around 1:30PM in the Skylight chapel. We had a champagne toast and chocolate covered strawberries after. It was a really simple celebration, but the best decision we have made. After the ceremony we just switched into comfortable bride and groom shirts, and enjoyed the cruise! Everyone had an absolute blast on the cruise, and we had enough privacy where we could enjoy our honeymoon but still get to visit family and experience a great vacation all together.

One thing that your friends should keep in mind is that there are some sacrifices made when you decide on a destination wedding. I didn't have a bridal shower since we didn't have a traditional reception. (We had a very casual tropical-themed picnic to celebrate when we came home, so everyone could see our pictures and celebrate with us) I was fine with no bridal shower because I hate being the center of attention, but a lot of women wouldn't be okay with it. Also, there may be people who mean a lot to you that can't attend due to financial reasons, etc. I was sad that my closest Aunt wasn't able to attend, but she was able to come to our picnic reception and see all the pictures. All in all, it was sooo worth the sacrifice. I absolutely loved our wedding on FOS.

thanks for the info. I will pass this along to our friends. They are both 2nd marriages (old! :)) and not looking to do anything to extreme. At the same time, they want to have a good time and a good time for the guests. I didn't realize that people could attend the wedding ceremony and not have to cruise. that's great if you are local. Either way, congrats and you have some great memories.